collapse

Important Announcement

Changing the Guard at The Cauldron

Sunflower is the new Host of The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
Please read this thread for more information.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Decoding bindrunes  (Read 809 times)

DiaDuitCluaiste

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2016
  • Posts: 2
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Decoding bindrunes
« on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:29 am »
Greetings, I am very new to this website and I'm not sure if this is how it works but I have a question for you wise ones...

I was doing a bit of meditating and I saw the bind rune below that I have drawn primitively on paint.



As far as I know it is a combination of Uruz, Berkana and Eihwaz. Now, as a midwife, the rune Berkana has always appealed to me and I wear it on every shift but I'm not sure about the combined meaning of the bindrune.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly decode it for me, pretty please?!

Skumring

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Posts: 222
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
Re: Decoding bindrunes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:37:06 pm »
Quote from: DiaDuitCluaiste;192818
Greetings, I am very new to this website and I'm not sure if this is how it works but I have a question for you wise ones...

I was doing a bit of meditating and I saw the bind rune below that I have drawn primitively on paint.

As far as I know it is a combination of Uruz, Berkana and Eihwaz. Now, as a midwife, the rune Berkana has always appealed to me and I wear it on every shift but I'm not sure about the combined meaning of the bindrune.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly decode it for me, pretty please?!

 
You also have Kenaz and Laguz in there... The sense I get from the combination, and mind you I'm no expert either, is that it is to help empower you to receive information from the Worlds and use it to gain healing knowledge or understanding.

I could be totally wrong, but usually Uruz has always been a powerful rune, almost like a battery, for me. The linkage to Eiwaz and then the hidden Kenaz and Laguz inside of Berkano [Berkana] is what makes me believe that this is what it's meantt to do.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

DiaDuitCluaiste

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2016
  • Posts: 2
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Decoding bindrunes
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:53:40 am »
Quote from: Skumring;192856
You also have Kenaz and Laguz in there... The sense I get from the combination, and mind you I'm no expert either, is that it is to help empower you to receive information from the Worlds and use it to gain healing knowledge or understanding.

I could be totally wrong, but usually Uruz has always been a powerful rune, almost like a battery, for me. The linkage to Eiwaz and then the hidden Kenaz and Laguz inside of Berkano [Berkana] is what makes me believe that this is what it's meantt to do.

 
Thank you so much for this interpretation, it is really helpful. Interestingly enough I was meditating on my lack of knowledge and asking for help in this

Skumring

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Posts: 222
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
Re: Decoding bindrunes
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 05:07:27 pm »
Quote from: DiaDuitCluaiste;192874
Thank you so much for this interpretation, it is really helpful. Interestingly enough I was meditating on my lack of knowledge and asking for help in this

 
Yeah, I've been getting pummeled with help from the Runes of late. I won't complain though because they've not led me wrong as so many other things have done.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Jainarayan

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Oct 2014
  • Location: New Jersey
  • Posts: 588
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 156
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hinduism
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Decoding bindrunes
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 09:32:00 am »
Quote from: DiaDuitCluaiste;192818

As far as I know it is a combination of Uruz, Berkana and Eihwaz. Now, as a midwife, the rune Berkana has always appealed to me and I wear it on every shift but I'm not sure about the combined meaning of the bindrune.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly decode it for me, pretty please?!


I see raidho and wunjo also.
śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ
Vishnu's appearance is Shiva; Shiva's appearance is Vishnu
Vishnu is the heart of Shiva; Shiva is the heart of Vishnu - Skandopanishad
 

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
3103 Views
Last post July 21, 2013, 09:44:01 am
by Huginn
1 Replies
1089 Views
Last post June 07, 2014, 02:02:55 am
by Fireof9

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall