collapse

Author Topic: Come into my parlor, Child, and let me devine your future  (Read 1483 times)

Deja Roseguarden

• View Profile
  • Religion: Wiccan
Come into my parlor, Child, and let me devine your future
« on: October 12, 2018, 10:33:11 pm »
Hi, it's Deja.  I believe that 90% of the fortune tellers, crystal Ball scryers, tea
leaf readers and aura readers out there aren't worth a fraction of their fee.  I don't come across this opinion lightly; I have observed these  snake oil salespeople for a while and the one thing that is lacking from their imprersonation of that of a  true seer is their lack of fatigue due to the massive amount of energy it takes to pull their customer thats' live story out of them with then help of your divination tool of choice.  I remember I was was able to perform three tarot readings before I was too physically and mentally exhausted.   Sorry if I'm a little off topic, but it infuriates me to watch charlatan s attempt to perform scrying with ancient tools we have been practicing
the true art divination for thousands of years!
Whew, I've been wanting to get that anvil of of my chest for a while now!  Daamn tht thomggggdps 'g
DD

Hi, it's Deja.  I believe that 90% of the fortune tellers, crystal Ball scryers, tea
leaf readers and aura readers out there aren't worth a fraction of their fee.  I don't come across this opinion lightly; I have observed these  snake oil salespeople for a while and the one thing that is lacking from their imprersonation of that of a  true seer is their lack of fatigue due to the massive amount of energy it takes to pull their customer thats' live story out of them with then help of your divination tool of choice.  I remember I was was able to perform three tarot readings before I was too physically and mentally exhausted.   Sorry if I'm a little off topic, but it infuriates me to watch charlatan s attempt to perform scrying with ancient tools we have been practicing
Whew, I've been wanting to get that anvil of of my chest for a while now!  Daamn tht thomggggdps 'g
DD
f

(Last edited by Morag to change text to default.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:59:31 am by Morag »

Deja Roseguarden

• View Profile
  • Religion: Wiccan
Re: Come into my parlor, Child, and let me devine your future
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 10:41:48 pm »
Whew, I've been wanting to get that anvil of of my chest for a while now!  Damn, that thing was getting heavy :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:00:02 am by Morag »

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:11:50 pm »

You might want to tone down the color on your post, it makes it hard to read!
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 01:01:13 am »
Hi, it's Deja. 

A Reminder:
Hi Deja,

Please use the default text color, font, and size when posting - we have many members who find it difficult or uncomfortable to read fancy colors or fonts, and it's required by our rules (in point #3 of 'The "Do" Rules' section).

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder. No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Morag
TC Forum Staff
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 02:21:06 am »

Now that I can read it, yeah, I agree that there are a lot of charlatans out there. Not just in divination and magic, but also in religion and in the secular (and scientific!) world as well.

Some people will do anything to make money, including lie about and exaggerate their abilities and credentials.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna