Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Can you help me interpret my dream?  (Read 1319 times)

Selenography

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Can you help me interpret my dream?
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:17:29 pm »
The other night, a day or two into the Mercury retrograde, I had a dream that seemed significant.  

I woke up with a feeling that something very intense and emotional had transpired, but I don't know what it was.

Here is what I remember about the dream.  Some parts are hazy.

I dreamed that I was trying to find ways to reunite with my ex-boyfriend or at least just see him.

(He is my ex in real life, and I generally refer to him as "my great love." However, he won't talk to me and I haven't seen him or heard from him in years.)

In the dream, I somehow contrived to not only be at the same event as my ex but to get a ride home from him.  I was in his car and he had the music on and I kept trying not to look at him even though I wanted to.

I don't remember whether or not I ever went home. The next scene I remember is that I was in some kind of costume shop/thrift store with some friends of mine. I was looking for something to wear to an event that my ex would also be attending.

This part is a little foggy, but it goes something like this.  I was going through the racks of clothes and started looking at a pretty black and white dress.  Once I looked closer, I noticed that the dress also had some red fabric. I don't remember if the red actually was meant to look like blood or if I just thought it looked like blood, but it was really important to me that it did resemble blood.  I am not certain, but I might have said something about wanting to look like a vampire when I saw him.

I don't remember anything else about the dream that concerns him.  Does anyone have ideas?  Feel free to ask questions about the dream or the relationship if that will help you.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:18:31 pm by Selenography »

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can you help me interpret my dream?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 01:13:46 pm »
Quote from: Selenography;149928
The other night, a day or two into the Mercury retrograde, I had a dream that seemed significant.  

I woke up with a feeling that something very intense and emotional had transpired, but I don't know what it was.

It sounds like you had a very intense, emotional dream, and you woke up feeling drained by it. I don't think it necessarily has to mean anything beyond that.

Almost every night, I used to have dreams about my classes and my teachers that would leave me feeling emotionally exhausted when I woke up in the morning, but I don't think any of them meant anything, except that I was stressed out about school. It sounds like you haven't gotten over your ex being your ex, and you really want to get back together with him, but you can't, so that's got you stressed out. I wouldn't guess anything beyond that.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Big oaf

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »
Quote from: Selenography;149928

Hiya, first post so hope I'm doing this right. I love interpreting dreams! Not saying I'm any good, but I find it really interesting.

I'd say there could be things you still feel you need to say, or something unfinished about things because of the intensity and emotion you felt.

Perhaps the choosing of a dress with him in mind represents how he sees you - wanting to control what he sees? I looked up the colours in my guide to dreams and black is likely to represent fear of the unknown, white is the colour of innocence, purity and assurance and red: excitement, anger, aggression and sexual energy - although you said it was blood, which could be about life force?

I hope you manage to work it out :)

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:22:09 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;149995
It sounds like you had a very intense, emotional dream, and you woke up feeling drained by it. I don't think it necessarily has to mean anything beyond that.

Almost every night, I used to have dreams about my classes and my teachers that would leave me feeling emotionally exhausted when I woke up in the morning, but I don't think any of them meant anything, except that I was stressed out about school. It sounds like you haven't gotten over your ex being your ex, and you really want to get back together with him, but you can't, so that's got you stressed out. I wouldn't guess anything beyond that.

I have to agree with this. I have these kinds of dreams infrequently, although I am thankful now that the dreams that involve my "great loves" (that were, to me, very bad relationships) are few and far between. It's about wish fulfillment, and your brain coping with those wants and feelings.

I tried to believe that these dreams, for me, meant more than "just a dream" but after a while I found that it was just a way for me to try to be closer to a person no longer around, and by trying to justify a random dream that we were "meant to be together" only caused me more emotional and mental pain.

Obviously this is just my two cents and YMMV! But this is just my experience with these kinds of dreams.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Tags: