Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Advice and Resources in creating a reading/oracle system with an art deck  (Read 4003 times)

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Earlier this year I bought The Halloween Treat Deck (1st Edition) from tarotbyseven, which is described as "80 Vintage Samhain images playfully assembled with the original border artwork of Seven Stars," and "Fun images & poetry to use as you wish or just to look at," and its sequel as "NOT a Tarot deck - however, it makes a fun oracle."

I'm in the meat of working on figuring out how I want to read it and am looking for some advice.

I sorted it into rough suits (just cards of the same theme, to keep organizing them easier, esp because I like to keep my decks in order), picked out the themes and images from each card, and am now working on a compendium of various meanings for the symbols used, and I'm planning the next step to be taking those meanings, some divination, and more research, to work with the imagery on each card and sort out how those come together to create card meanings.

The main things I need help with are fairly legitimate sources (especially free ones) of meanings for the more obscure symbols, or images that don't tend to be ascribed meaning (especially if you know a good article or book on Halloween-specific or monster-specific history and symbology). I've been using encyclopedias, various etymology, witchcraft-specific books and encyclopedias, and stuff like dream dictionaries and scrying and tea leaf symbols to try and bring this together.

I also probably could use some suggestions on how to actually put together some reading methods (or at least ones to get started with until some more specific ones develop over time).

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Advice and Resources in creating a reading/oracle system with an art deck
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 12:26:49 am »
my OP

Also adding, I don't expect this to exactly be a quick project or anything, and I am taking what I learn with a grain of salt. I'm going to continue research, other types of divination about it, and experiment a lot to hone in on more once these steps are taken. I think the first post might have sounded flippant, so I wanted to clarify.

Tags: