collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Sports: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017  (Read 4970 times)

Altair

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: New York, New York
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2937
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 325
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;203567
Honestly, even apart from the taste, I'm not convinced that switching to diet is actually a healthier option for me than regular sugar in the long run. Personally, I'd rather cut down the Coke to a bare minimum (because migraines!) than switch to diet.

 
Personally, I went the water-and-occasional-fruit-juices route, but mostly, lots of water. After years of this, if I taste a soda (the one time a year I drink cola is during my annual junk food weekend, mostly for the caffeine to help my stay awake during the 24-hour movie marathon), it strikes me as sickly sweet.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: New York, New York
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2937
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 325
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 05:42:42 pm »
Quote from: MeadowRae;203572
I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to join! I have a couple of goals that I've been working on, and some accountability would be nice. :)



Welcome, MeadowRae! We are your accountabilibuddies!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: New York, New York
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2937
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 325
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »
Quote from: Altair;203437
Shout out your goals here now, folks!


Mine are very modest for the spring challenge, since in a month I enter the most hectic time of year for me. I just want to maintain my gains (or rather, loss, in waist girth) won during our winter effort. Maybe I'll even claw back the minor loss in chest and tricep strength while doing so, but no commitment on that part; spring is just too crazy for me, and I'll be lucky if I make it to the gym in May at all.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Noctua

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Apr 2016
  • Posts: 213
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 92
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 12:09:24 pm »
Quote from: Altair;203619
Mine are very modest for the spring challenge, since in a month I enter the most hectic time of year for me. I just want to maintain my gains (or rather, loss, in waist girth) won during our winter effort. Maybe I'll even claw back the minor loss in chest and tricep strength while doing so, but no commitment on that part; spring is just too crazy for me, and I'll be lucky if I make it to the gym in May at all.

 
I'm in the opposite boat in that I'm hectic right now, but staring in May my schedule will become wide open (my finals are first week in May, then summer break after). I'll post some actual, revised goals for this go-around once I'm caught up on my schoolwork that I need to do during spring break (yeah, break for me is basically just "oh thank god I can get these assignments done without also having to worry about 5 other deadlines and/or tests").

Kylara

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 967
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 102
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 12:25:40 pm »
Quote from: Altair;203619
Mine are very modest for the spring challenge, since in a month I enter the most hectic time of year for me. I just want to maintain my gains (or rather, loss, in waist girth) won during our winter effort. Maybe I'll even claw back the minor loss in chest and tricep strength while doing so, but no commitment on that part; spring is just too crazy for me, and I'll be lucky if I make it to the gym in May at all.

 
Quote from: Noctua;203643
I'm in the opposite boat in that I'm hectic right now, but staring in May my schedule will become wide open (my finals are first week in May, then summer break after). I'll post some actual, revised goals for this go-around once I'm caught up on my schoolwork that I need to do during spring break (yeah, break for me is basically just "oh thank god I can get these assignments done without also having to worry about 5 other deadlines and/or tests").

 
I think it is a great thing to adjust goals based on what else is going on in your life!  So much better to have goals that push you but are within your means than to have so much going on it stresses you out (and makes you more likely to just stop working on them because you have too much going on).  But also great to remember when things calm down that you can adjust again.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 67
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 01:47:51 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;203646
I think it is a great thing to adjust goals based on what else is going on in your life!  So much better to have goals that push you but are within your means than to have so much going on it stresses you out (and makes you more likely to just stop working on them because you have too much going on).  But also great to remember when things calm down that you can adjust again.

 
I could not agree more.

Speaking of... holy cow, you guys, talk about starting strong and then having life barf all over good intentions. Sickness, surprise British people on the doorstep, blah blah blah, excuses. Onward!

Goals!

1) Run three times a week. A few of us signed up for the Sun Run months ago and it's at the end of April. I'd like to be able to finish it without crawling across the finish line.

2) Dance Foundations Bootcamp once a week. Class just started last Sunday and it runs for ten weeks. I was sore for only three days this time so I'm counting that as a win.

3) Stretch daily. Seriously, it doesn't take long, I should just do it.

At the end of the month I'll begin working two jobs, so I think anything beyond those admittedly modest goals I will simply consider bonuses.

Kylara

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 967
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 102
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 08:39:15 am »
Quote from: Emma Eldritch;203652
I could not agree more.

Speaking of... holy cow, you guys, talk about starting strong and then having life barf all over good intentions. Sickness, surprise British people on the doorstep, blah blah blah, excuses. Onward!

Goals!

1) Run three times a week. A few of us signed up for the Sun Run months ago and it's at the end of April. I'd like to be able to finish it without crawling across the finish line.

2) Dance Foundations Bootcamp once a week. Class just started last Sunday and it runs for ten weeks. I was sore for only three days this time so I'm counting that as a win.

3) Stretch daily. Seriously, it doesn't take long, I should just do it.

At the end of the month I'll begin working two jobs, so I think anything beyond those admittedly modest goals I will simply consider bonuses.

 
Surprise British people on the doorstep...sounds like there is a story in there!

Nice goals!  I find that when I have something I want to do every day, planning a time that is linked to another time to do it works best for me.  I started doing yoga/tai-chi stretching in the morning, pretty much first thing on waking (I visit the restroom, open windows and flip the coffee pot on first, but that's it)  I lay my day out in a planner in the morning too, and if I don't do that right as soon as I sit down at my desk with my coffee, sometimes it doesn't get done until after lunch (and then I've already wasted my most productive hours, so it's kind of redundant lol)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

MeadowRae

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Oct 2015
  • Location: West Virginia
  • Posts: 410
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 10:45:16 am »
Quote from: Kylara;203683
Surprise British people on the doorstep...sounds like there is a story in there!

Nice goals!  I find that when I have something I want to do every day, planning a time that is linked to another time to do it works best for me.  I started doing yoga/tai-chi stretching in the morning, pretty much first thing on waking (I visit the restroom, open windows and flip the coffee pot on first, but that's it)  I lay my day out in a planner in the morning too, and if I don't do that right as soon as I sit down at my desk with my coffee, sometimes it doesn't get done until after lunch (and then I've already wasted my most productive hours, so it's kind of redundant lol)

 
I have a planner, but am inconsistent in using it. This is a good idea-set aside planner time.

I ate very well all weekend, then last night I totally blew it and drank and ate too much. Once I'm hydrated I think I'll go for a run on my lunch break. We're supposed to get a snowstorm tonight so it will be a few days before I can run again.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Kylara

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 967
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 102
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 08:48:03 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;203687
I have a planner, but am inconsistent in using it. This is a good idea-set aside planner time.

I ate very well all weekend, then last night I totally blew it and drank and ate too much. Once I'm hydrated I think I'll go for a run on my lunch break. We're supposed to get a snowstorm tonight so it will be a few days before I can run again.

 
I am learning to not beat myself up when I do things that I didn't intend on doing (like eating/drinking too much).  For me, I also find that allowing myself things I enjoy even if they aren't 'healthy' works better to help me restrict how much I indulge as opposed to trying to cut it out entirely (then spending days struggling with cravings and finally giving in and eating too much and being tempted to over indulge because I know I shouldn't be eating/drinking it)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 67
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 12:36:06 am »
Quote from: Kylara;203683
Surprise British people on the doorstep...sounds like there is a story in there!


Yeah. I have a very old friend - a proper mad British occultist - and he and my sister decided he should visit. They did not tell me. My sister even contacted my supervisor and arranged time off for me. He and his sister literally showed up when I was on TC responding to a post. (You can see my shocked face .)

Quote
Nice goals!  I find that when I have something I want to do every day, planning a time that is linked to another time to do it works best for me.  I started doing yoga/tai-chi stretching in the morning, pretty much first thing on waking (I visit the restroom, open windows and flip the coffee pot on first, but that's it)


Honestly, I sometimes think that first thing in the morning is best - attack yourself before your brain wakes up enough to make excuses. My brain is a champ at that.

sevensons

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2017
  • Posts: 175
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 03:50:10 am »
Quote from: Emma Eldritch;203730
Yeah. I have a very old friend - a proper mad British occultist - and he and my sister decided he should visit. They did not tell me. My sister even contacted my supervisor and arranged time off for me. He and his sister literally showed up when I was on TC responding to a post. (You can see my shocked face .)



Honestly, I sometimes think that first thing in the morning is best - attack yourself before your brain wakes up enough to make excuses. My brain is a champ at that.

 
The mind is key to feeling good all the things I do each day I think are effortless.
As I dream the perfect cut of images characters that scream who look like models from A magazine.the predicted outcome combine motion without fatigue or fake looks.my favorite start and wake up call that changed when activated within tasty lips<>

Kylara

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 967
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 102
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 09:25:52 am »
Quote from: Emma Eldritch;203730
Yeah. I have a very old friend - a proper mad British occultist - and he and my sister decided he should visit. They did not tell me. My sister even contacted my supervisor and arranged time off for me. He and his sister literally showed up when I was on TC responding to a post. (You can see my shocked face .)



Honestly, I sometimes think that first thing in the morning is best - attack yourself before your brain wakes up enough to make excuses. My brain is a champ at that.

 
That is a brilliant surprise!

Yes, I am so NOT a morning person, but I know that if I want to get things done and get a lot done quickly, I need to buckle down and just do it in the morning.  The later in the day it gets the higher the chances I'll put it off until the next day.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

sevensons

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2017
  • Posts: 175
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 04:23:45 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;203739
That is a brilliant surprise!

Yes, I am so NOT a morning person, but I know that if I want to get things done and get a lot done quickly, I need to buckle down and just do it in the morning.  The later in the day it gets the higher the chances I'll put it off until the next day.

 
I'm not as observant in the morning.
As I dream the perfect cut of images characters that scream who look like models from A magazine.the predicted outcome combine motion without fatigue or fake looks.my favorite start and wake up call that changed when activated within tasty lips<>

MeadowRae

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Oct 2015
  • Location: West Virginia
  • Posts: 410
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 10:23:36 am »
Quote from: Kylara;203739
That is a brilliant surprise!

Yes, I am so NOT a morning person, but I know that if I want to get things done and get a lot done quickly, I need to buckle down and just do it in the morning.  The later in the day it gets the higher the chances I'll put it off until the next day.

 
Before I had my son I loved working out in the morning. It made me feel like I accomplished something early in the day. Now he wakes up before I do, which doesn't leave much time for exercise.

I figured I would do my weekly check in now.

My running time has improved, and I will be trying to add distance next week. I run during my lunch breaks now, so it doesn't allow for much time. If I get my son to daycare 20 minutes earlier I may be able to sneak a run in then.

I didn't have any beer this week! I have also started to cut out sugars from my diet. I also drink bulletproof coffee in the morning instead of eating starchy foods, which I believe is also helping me lose weight.

I have started adding some cross-training to my week. So I'll run three days a week and do an at-home exercise routine for two. I've decided the weekend is time to rest and enjoy. Otherwise I would definitely lose resolve.

So far, so good. Just gotta keep this up!
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 67
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 12:38:43 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;204073
So far, so good. Just gotta keep this up!

 
You can do it! Woo!

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
97 Replies
12484 Views
Last post July 07, 2015, 07:24:48 pm
by Altair
148 Replies
6737 Views
Last post March 20, 2017, 08:59:52 am
by Kylara
31 Replies
4941 Views
Last post March 12, 2017, 08:50:58 pm
by Alexeigynaix
14 Replies
1572 Views
Last post April 17, 2017, 06:52:52 am
by PerditaPickle
0 Replies
557 Views
Last post April 30, 2017, 06:13:32 am
by Vitkyng

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall