Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 171153 times)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #810 on: December 23, 2020, 04:16:02 pm »
'Tis the season...to talk about Winter Deities

In honor of Yule and the return of the light:  Finding light in the darkness
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #811 on: December 26, 2020, 03:19:49 pm »
In honor of Yule and the return of the light:  Finding light in the darkness

Nice post. I think many people will find that comforting and helpful.
For myself it feels that those who have faced the darkness in whichever way and however they found support ( even when they feel like failures for what they've gone through [for it's easy to not see how strong you really are being] ), have also shown a great inner strength which that hardship has revealed.

So I took a bit of a break what with getting ready for the season, but here's my next post on how kindness to others benefits ourselves in return ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/12/26/the-strategy-of-kindness/ )

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #812 on: December 27, 2020, 11:44:01 am »
So I took a bit of a break what with getting ready for the season, but here's my next post on how kindness to others benefits ourselves in return ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/12/26/the-strategy-of-kindness/ )

Be careful who you step upon, on the way up...
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 27, 2020, 10:18:53 pm »
Be careful who you step upon, on the way up...

Very much so. I've followed up with another one on weakness vs strength and how we as a whole often just categorise people as weak or strong instead of realising we are all both.
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/12/28/weak-strong/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 30, 2020, 03:48:59 pm »

This is one of those things where in my heart I think this is the way to go...but I also think that too many people have been raised (by parents and/or society) to believe that everything is finite and limited and if you have something it means I can't have it, so if I want to have things I have to deny them to other people.  I think we need a huge level of re-education and new ways of thinking to realize that this type of approach is vastly flawed (especially when taken to the "I need all the things, and I will hoard them and not share, just in case I ever need them, and I don't care if you are literally starving and my food is starting to rot...because I'm scared if I give it to you I won't have enough someday."

Very much so. I've followed up with another one on weakness vs strength and how we as a whole often just categorise people as weak or strong instead of realising we are all both.
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/12/28/weak-strong/

I take a leadership approach to this:  we are all different, and one person's strength is another person's weakness, so find each person's strengths and play to those, and let other people help you where you are weak.  The problem is that so many people don't want to admit they are weak in any way, and so when it is pointed out, they feel compelled to push back, to prove how much stronger they are (in whatever way they are strong) and completely refusing to acknowledge they have any weakness at all.

Okay, I might be a bit cynical about people right now...

This week, I decided to write about taking a different approach to the new year.  New Year, clean slate...  Sometimes it's not about being better than we were, but rather being able to set aside what isn't working and start fresh.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 06, 2021, 02:53:48 pm »

This week, I decided to write about taking a different approach to the new year.  New Year, clean slate...  Sometimes it's not about being better than we were, but rather being able to set aside what isn't working and start fresh.

Still on a New Year kick!  Shared a bit of my process of picking a Year of...

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 13, 2021, 03:01:17 pm »

I think I'm stuck on New Year topics.....so here's some thoughts on Anti-resolutions

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 16, 2021, 06:29:07 pm »

I've also found that resolutions don't work. I've found the choosing a focus idea works well.
I was struggling for ideas on what to post next when I came across some pretty strong facebook items by Covid deniers and saw a little red. So this post is on the logic of why Covid wouldn't be a big hoax.
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2021/01/16/covid-deniers-a-little-logic/

For those careworkers struggling and those who're hurting right now - you aren't alone. People still see you, care about you and support you.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #818 on: January 16, 2021, 06:43:08 pm »
I came across some pretty strong facebook items by Covid deniers and saw a little red. So this post is on the logic of why Covid wouldn't be a big hoax.
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2021/01/16/covid-deniers-a-little-logic/

For those careworkers struggling and those who're hurting right now - you aren't alone. People still see you, care about you and support you.

There are still Covid deniers?!
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 17, 2021, 10:40:19 am »

I know Perdita, scary isn't it.
I've actually met someone, last year, who was convinced that it was all a fake created by aliens as part of their plot to take over the world ( yes, they were serious. Although it also gave them an excuse to keep working without saftey concerns )

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #820 on: January 17, 2021, 05:19:24 pm »

I've seen things (didn't hang onto any cites and don't recall now if they were news reports from reliable sources or FB posts) indicating that there are people denying it exists while dying of it. Presumably they realize, if not that they're dying, at least that they're very sick; I have no idea what it is they believe they're sick with.

Humans are rationalizing animals, not rational ones. (Paraphrase of a quote I picked up long ago and have no clue who it's from.)

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 18, 2021, 02:16:39 pm »
I've seen things (didn't hang onto any cites and don't recall now if they were news reports from reliable sources or FB posts) indicating that there are people denying it exists while dying of it. Presumably they realize, if not that they're dying, at least that they're very sick; I have no idea what it is they believe they're sick with.

Humans are rationalizing animals, not rational ones. (Paraphrase of a quote I picked up long ago and have no clue who it's from.)

Sunflower

It's absolutely crazy isn't it.
You're quite right but sometimes it seems so much safer and easier not to believe in truth.

Anyway, my next post is about looking back on childhood dreams and the light they bring -
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2021/01/18/dreams-magic-for-a-year-newly-begun/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 20, 2021, 02:22:27 pm »
It's absolutely crazy isn't it.
You're quite right but sometimes it seems so much safer and easier not to believe in truth.

Anyway, my next post is about looking back on childhood dreams and the light they bring -
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2021/01/18/dreams-magic-for-a-year-newly-begun/

I think the ability to see the magical in every day things is one of those things that keeps people hopeful...and we definitely need a lot of that right now.  It's funny, I know a few people who find it hard to 'stop' and 'do nothing', but when you really look at their life it's because they don't have personal hobbies...they define themselves by their jobs or the people around them and when they are alone without an assigned task it's like they don't know what to do with themselves.  There are also people who just get caught up in the momentum, they have been doing stuff for so long that when the scripted stuff ends it's like they suddenly have too many choices and can't figure out what to do.  I'm in the third category, I have waaaay more things I want to do then time, so sometimes I falter in narrowing the field, in picking the things I most want to do and not wasting time on other things.

And ugh Covid deniers, I just can't.  I've seen some who think the whole thing is a US government conspiracy, like somehow our government is SO powerful they have taken over global media (and social media) to create this whole smokescreen....for reasons.  *sigh

I wrote a bit about my current reboot and how that differs from simply going back to basics.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 27, 2021, 05:55:46 pm »
I think the ability to see the magical in every day things is one of those things that keeps people hopeful...and we definitely need a lot of that right now.  It's funny, I know a few people who find it hard to 'stop' and 'do nothing', but when you really look at their life it's because they don't have personal hobbies...they define themselves by their jobs or the people around them and when they are alone without an assigned task it's like they don't know what to do with themselves.  There are also people who just get caught up in the momentum, they have been doing stuff for so long that when the scripted stuff ends it's like they suddenly have too many choices and can't figure out what to do.  I'm in the third category, I have waaaay more things I want to do then time, so sometimes I falter in narrowing the field, in picking the things I most want to do and not wasting time on other things.

And ugh Covid deniers, I just can't.  I've seen some who think the whole thing is a US government conspiracy, like somehow our government is SO powerful they have taken over global media (and social media) to create this whole smokescreen....for reasons.  *sigh

I wrote a bit about my current reboot and how that differs from simply going back to basics.

Some thoughts on not stopping at the first sign of victory

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile

Tags: