Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 169128 times)

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #795 on: November 03, 2020, 01:26:20 pm »
Took an idea I had in waiting...and completely reworked it!  Ended up focusing on non localized spirits and how they change and evolve.

I'm sorry to say I haven't been reading or writing much blog wise recently. I've had a few things churning in the recesses of my ?mind?..
My new post is about fear, deep fear and struggling to live with it. It comes with a trigger warning for fear, thoughts that may affect those with suicidal feelings, and fear of living.
 https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/03/my-grey-shadow-fear/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #796 on: November 04, 2020, 02:48:07 pm »
I'm sorry to say I haven't been reading or writing much blog wise recently. I've had a few things churning in the recesses of my ?mind?..
My new post is about fear, deep fear and struggling to live with it. It comes with a trigger warning for fear, thoughts that may affect those with suicidal feelings, and fear of living.
 https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/03/my-grey-shadow-fear/

This was really powerful.  I can definitely empathize with the whole fear of living (or maybe fear of the impact of my living), while at the same time both not being afraid of death but not seeking out out either.  Sometimes I think of it as being so tired of life (without wanting it to end...just wanting it to be different).

I kind of reached the end of my own rope in a way.  I am tired of supporting the idea that we can all just mind our own business and the world will be okay.  I am throwing away the idea that my writing shouldn't be political (or current event oriented), because that stuff effects my life so why not write about it. 

Today I definitely went out there, because I really think it's time we start witching the world.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 08, 2020, 07:38:54 pm »
Today I definitely went out there, because I really think it's time we start witching the world.

I think you're right to look at how we can change the world, although I have to admit that I find it a struggle to realise when it's best to step back and watch the world find its path rather than try and work out how to fix what I feel needs fixing.
I guess a lot of my problem comes down to seeing ideals but, not always, the real people.

Today was Memorial Sunday and my post is about why and how I remember on this day -
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/09/remembering-the-faces/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 11, 2020, 02:16:43 pm »
I think you're right to look at how we can change the world, although I have to admit that I find it a struggle to realise when it's best to step back and watch the world find its path rather than try and work out how to fix what I feel needs fixing.
I guess a lot of my problem comes down to seeing ideals but, not always, the real people.

Today was Memorial Sunday and my post is about why and how I remember on this day -
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/09/remembering-the-faces/

That is such a good point, I think too often we lump all the soldiers on one side of a conflict into the same bundle, and we judge them all by whether or not we agree with the things their side was fighting for.  But a lot of time, individuals who go to war have vastly different reasons for doing so.  It always makes my heart sad when people desecrate graves because they don't like the side of the war the person fought on.  I don't think we should forget any crimes someone has done just because they are dead, but I also don't think it's right to mess with their grave (statues are a whole other matter...)

I wrote about tackling big projects today, in honor of NaNo...but also because I know a lot of Pagans who struggle when starting out with a big thing (like taking up rune/tarot study, then trying to absorb all the meanings of all the cards/runes all at once). 

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 13, 2020, 06:40:20 pm »
I wrote about tackling big projects today, in honor of NaNo...but also because I know a lot of Pagans who struggle when starting out with a big thing (like taking up rune/tarot study, then trying to absorb all the meanings of all the cards/runes all at once).

Yes, I always have trouble with starting big things. It's daunting and I have to feel like I have the space to begin them before I can feel comfortable starting. Oddly they usually seem easier than I feared once I start nibbling at them, but I guess that's fear.

Today I've written about facing ones dark side and how, perhaps, listening to it can act as a warning to help keep us away from doing dark things. https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/13/the-dark-side-inside/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2020, 02:58:43 pm »
Yes, I always have trouble with starting big things. It's daunting and I have to feel like I have the space to begin them before I can feel comfortable starting. Oddly they usually seem easier than I feared once I start nibbling at them, but I guess that's fear.

Today I've written about facing ones dark side and how, perhaps, listening to it can act as a warning to help keep us away from doing dark things. https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/13/the-dark-side-inside/

One of my favorite ways of thinking about 'being good' comes from a novel.  Two of the characters have these crazy psychic abilities that can really hurt people, and they are talking about how they can have this big, scary power and still be good people...because it feels good to use it, and they are tempted.  And one of them basically says that being good isn't easy, but in some ways it's simple.  It all comes down to making that choice, choosing to do what you feel is the right thing...and choosing it every time.  Yes, we all get tempted, yes we recognize that sometimes saying those mean nasty things feels good in the moment...but in the long run we may feel bad for having said them (even if the person totally deserved it...).  So, we choose to be good, and we keep choosing to be good.

Of course, I also am a big fan of darkness and I think that sometimes the dark side of things is a purely necessary thing.  I am always reminded of those scenes in disaster movies, where someone is faced with the choice of 'saving everyone or saving their loved one'.  And yet it's not even that, because most of the time it's "save your loved one now but the world gets destroyed in ten minutes," or "Let your loved one die now but save the rest of the world from destruction."  Your loved one isn't getting saved either way, but it feels evil to turn away from someone you care about in their time of need.  This of course opens a whole can of worms about where we draw the line and how many people do you sacrifice to save more people. 

Ultimately, I just look at it in these terms: what can I personally live with.  What choices will make my future the one most tolerable to me?  And that factors in not only how I will feel personally about doing things (like can I live with knowing I killed someone, even if I did it to save someone else?) but also how society will react to stuff (am I willing to do my time for breaking the law if I feel that it was necessary?)

Whew, heavy thoughts!

My blog this week is about imprinted learning and how we often latch on to the first thing we learn about something, and how to change that imprint if we later decide that information is faulty.

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 24, 2020, 04:35:16 pm »
So, we choose to be good, and we keep choosing to be good.

Of course, I also am a big fan of darkness and I think that sometimes the dark side of things is a purely necessary thing.  I am always reminded of those scenes in disaster movies, where someone is faced with the choice of 'saving everyone or saving their loved one'.  And yet it's not even that, because most of the time it's "save your loved one now but the world gets destroyed in ten minutes," or "Let your loved one die now but save the rest of the world from destruction."  Your loved one isn't getting saved either way, but it feels evil to turn away from someone you care about in their time of need.  This of course opens a whole can of worms about where we draw the line and how many people do you sacrifice to save more people. 

Ultimately, I just look at it in these terms: what can I personally live with.  What choices will make my future the one most tolerable to me?  And that factors in not only how I will feel personally about doing things (like can I live with knowing I killed someone, even if I did it to save someone else?) but also how society will react to stuff (am I willing to do my time for breaking the law if I feel that it was necessary?)

Whew, heavy thoughts!

My blog this week is about imprinted learning and how we often latch on to the first thing we learn about something, and how to change that imprint if we later decide that information is faulty.

I love the point of how we not just choose but must keep choosing, to do good.

It's also a very good point about imprinted learning and I have to admit there are still things I 'know' to be true that I only end up questioning when someone else points out it may be wrong.
Strangely, I can see how this fits in with my new blog ( or rather reblog of another bloggers work ), which is very much about how there still is often a societal expectation put on us ( from young ) for men to be powerful and women to be bound by how people see them and how it can hurt not just those who are forced to be less by this, but also those who are made to feel isolated because they don't fit into it.
There is also a trigger warning as part of the original blog talks about misuse of images online ( various ages )..

https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/24/girls-look-outward-boys-look-inward-%f0%9f%8c%99-jennifer-poyntz-%e2%98%80%ef%b8%8f/

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 24, 2020, 04:44:42 pm »
Strangely, I can see how this fits in with my new blog ( or rather reblog of another bloggers work ), which is very much about how there still is often a societal expectation put on us ( from young ) for men to be powerful and women to be bound by how people see them and how it can hurt not just those who are forced to be less by this, but also those who are made to feel isolated because they don't fit into it.

To correct my earlier post. I used the word powerful to try not to upset anyone but I think I was wrong to as it's just putting a positive spin on what can be a dangerous trait.
In this case the correct word may be selfish.
Not so much that its always selfish but that it can become that, and worse, easily.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 25, 2020, 01:34:16 pm »

There is also a trigger warning as part of the original blog talks about misuse of images online ( various ages )..

https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/24/girls-look-outward-boys-look-inward-%f0%9f%8c%99-jennifer-poyntz-%e2%98%80%ef%b8%8f/

I think we (as a society) are definitely still struggling to free ourselves from the "men go out and work and make the money and women take care of the men and the babies and the house."  The weird thing, in my head, is that women have taking up the 'go out and work and make the money' mantle, but they never really set down the 'caring for others' mantle.  Whether or not the woman works, she is often expected to keep house and take care of any littles.  Even single men aren't really expected to know how to cook or clean for themselves (which I never understood how more men didn't take offense to this because it basically says they are just big children and incapable of taking care of themselves). 

I also really dislike the double standard on being outspoken and having an opinion.  When men do it they are powerful, when women do it they are pushy.  It's ridiculous.

This week, in honor of Thanksgiving, I wrote about heartfelt gratitude.  I think that we often end up glossing over our feelings and not really doing more than paying lip service to them.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #804 on: November 28, 2020, 06:21:02 pm »
I think that we often end up glossing over our feelings and not really doing more than paying lip service to them.

It's a tricky one, isn't it?  I like your closing thought about resilience, and I'm grateful you included it because it's really pertinent to me right now (as I'm sure it is for a lot of folks).

I've posted to my blog for the first time in ages, really just to say why I've not posted in ages!  (Couldn't seem to manage a K post.)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 30, 2020, 03:26:43 pm »
It's a tricky one, isn't it?  I like your closing thought about resilience, and I'm grateful you included it because it's really pertinent to me right now (as I'm sure it is for a lot of folks).

I've posted to my blog for the first time in ages, really just to say why I've not posted in ages!  (Couldn't seem to manage a K post.)

Kaleidoscope was the first word that came to my mind in reading your dilema, and I have to thank you as it led me to my new post ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/30/a-million-colours-shining/ ) with my realising that ( not just on blogs but also here in the cauldron ) the first and most prominent thing I get to see is also most important - everyone's wonderful personalities. It gave me a chance to just say how wonderful all the blogs and caring personalities online are.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:30 pm »

The year I did alphabet blogging I did keys and killing for K...doing a quick scan of other years, k is definitely an underused letter in my titles (though I do have one on Keeping focus)

Kaleidoscope was the first word that came to my mind in reading your dilema, and I have to thank you as it led me to my new post ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/11/30/a-million-colours-shining/ ) with my realising that ( not just on blogs but also here in the cauldron ) the first and most prominent thing I get to see is also most important - everyone's wonderful personalities. It gave me a chance to just say how wonderful all the blogs and caring personalities online are.

This is a lovely post...I agree, most of the time when reading (both blogs and also online posts of any kind), I often have no clue what people actually look like.  The great thing is..it doesn't matter!  I agree, personality is a beautiful thing.

This week I wrote a bit about Distance Gifting.  It's so weird, the things people get upset about.  I've seen a few different posts now moaning about how Christmas won't be the same, or "how do we explain to the kids that Santa isn't transmitting Covid" *sigh 

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 09, 2020, 01:54:49 pm »
It's so weird, the things people get upset about.  I've seen a few different posts now moaning about how Christmas won't be the same, or "how do we explain to the kids that Santa isn't transmitting Covid" *sigh

That's a great post. Home made gifts especially are wonderful because you've given more than just the gift, you've given the creativity you've put in to it.
My post today comes from similar feelings about how so many out there seem to be moaning or not seeing any hope or light. Of late it's felt like there's no positive emotions or good to look towards and it's so easy to just let go and flow into seeing all the worst. That said, listening to music reminded me that we all have some good inside we just don't get to see each other's light easily (  https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/12/09/seeing-the-light-of-others/ )

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 09, 2020, 03:29:51 pm »
That's a great post. Home made gifts especially are wonderful because you've given more than just the gift, you've given the creativity you've put in to it.
My post today comes from similar feelings about how so many out there seem to be moaning or not seeing any hope or light. Of late it's felt like there's no positive emotions or good to look towards and it's so easy to just let go and flow into seeing all the worst. That said, listening to music reminded me that we all have some good inside we just don't get to see each other's light easily (  https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/12/09/seeing-the-light-of-others/ )

I love the sentiment of this!  I think you brought up a great point, that we are much more likely to see only the good in famous people, because we only see the best and brightest of what they have accomplished, while the 'guy on the street' we see exactly in the moment.

My topic for the week is something I've talked with people online about a ton of times, but finally got it into a blog post.  It's about differing deity interactions and how we end up developing different levels of relationships with the deities we work with.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 16, 2020, 04:04:30 pm »
I love the sentiment of this!  I think you brought up a great point, that we are much more likely to see only the good in famous people, because we only see the best and brightest of what they have accomplished, while the 'guy on the street' we see exactly in the moment.

My topic for the week is something I've talked with people online about a ton of times, but finally got it into a blog post.  It's about differing deity interactions and how we end up developing different levels of relationships with the deities we work with.

'Tis the season...to talk about Winter Deities

Tags: