Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 169131 times)

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #780 on: September 05, 2020, 03:56:56 pm »
I pre-wrote this week's blog, as mom-in-law is visiting, but I wrote about Selective reading.  This is something I know the value of, but I am still struggling to actually put into practice as often as I should.

I hope you've had a good week with your mum in law, so far, Kylara.
Thanks for a good post. I find I enjoy dipping in and out of some books. Reading is often an emotion based thing for me which, I think, is why I find it so easy to dip. On the negative I find it near on impossible to get into a book if my emotions are off.

My next post is on Change - most notably changing in ourselves and changing the world from the roots up ( I should warn that I do have a bit of a rant about current events in this one ).
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/09/05/change/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #781 on: September 09, 2020, 04:01:40 pm »
I hope you've had a good week with your mum in law, so far, Kylara.
Thanks for a good post. I find I enjoy dipping in and out of some books. Reading is often an emotion based thing for me which, I think, is why I find it so easy to dip. On the negative I find it near on impossible to get into a book if my emotions are off.

My next post is on Change - most notably changing in ourselves and changing the world from the roots up ( I should warn that I do have a bit of a rant about current events in this one ).
https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/09/05/change/

I fully agree that we (as a global society) need to change our way of thinking as well as our way of doing.  This is the one thing that I am hopeful will come from this crazy year, is that more people will realize and recognize the issues that are going on and why the current system is broken.

Today I was inspired by a great article on philosophy (which is linked in my blog post), and so I wrote about the Philosophy of faith
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 09, 2020, 04:58:22 pm »
Today I was inspired by a great article on philosophy (which is linked in my blog post), and so I wrote about the Philosophy of faith

I agree whole heartedly. Questioning thoughts ( philosophy ) is so important in faith because it's the only way to learn and understand. Sometimes the questions will lead us to change and others simply give us more insight into what we already had a hint of understanding for.

So, can anyone tell me where these sudden spurts of needing to write come from.
Yes, I have yet another post which I 'had' to write and post this instant.. This time its a look at myself and how I'm finally learning that I don't need to run away from, or have negative thoughts about, being me - https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/09/09/the-path-to-loving-yourself/

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 12, 2020, 03:10:30 pm »

And one on how important the little things we do can be.. https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/09/12/when-small-things-are-a-giants-touch/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 16, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »

Yes, I have yet another post which I 'had' to write and post this instant.. This time its a look at myself and how I'm finally learning that I don't need to run away from, or have negative thoughts about, being me - https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/09/09/the-path-to-loving-yourself/

I think that sometimes we have thoughts that just need to be said.  And, at least for me, organizing my thoughts in order to post them helps me sort through things in a different way than just sitting and thinking about them.  I think both your recent posts are very big points.  Struggling to accept who you are and who you are becoming is a hard thing for many people, and often it is because they only look for those huge, Instagram worthy moments and forget all the little things they do for the people around them (or themselves).  But also, sometimes, just making it through the day is a huge accomplishment, and if you are having a very rough day, you don't need to 'do' anything, just being yourself is enough!

I was reflecting on adjusting balance today, in honor of the upcoming equinox.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 23, 2020, 02:53:33 pm »

I was reflecting on adjusting balance today, in honor of the upcoming equinox.

I really think I am just getting fed up with everything lately....Fate or fix?

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 23, 2020, 07:56:07 pm »
Fighting Evil with Evil is Evil another great quote if your not part of the cure your part of the problem.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 25, 2020, 05:02:44 am »

I like this one.
It's a point to remember that it's not what you use that's good or bad but, rather, how you use it. However the lines we draw that this or that is wrong are still important to give us pause and take note of why we want to cross them and to ask what the consequences will be.

It's a question of mindfulness. That's true not only in being aware of what we do and of what is happening to others ( those who we whisper 'it's not our business' about ) but also in what we want to leave behind when the dust and anger settles, both for ourselves and others.

I think I feel a blog post coming on. Would it be ok for me to link to yours if I do post?

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 25, 2020, 01:51:54 pm »
I like this one.
It's a point to remember that it's not what you use that's good or bad but, rather, how you use it. However the lines we draw that this or that is wrong are still important to give us pause and take note of why we want to cross them and to ask what the consequences will be.

It's a question of mindfulness. That's true not only in being aware of what we do and of what is happening to others ( those who we whisper 'it's not our business' about ) but also in what we want to leave behind when the dust and anger settles, both for ourselves and others.

I think I feel a blog post coming on. Would it be ok for me to link to yours if I do post?

Absolutely, and anytime you want to! 

I typically approach moral issues from the standpoint of wanting to make conscious choices.  I firmly believe that we sometimes have to pick between wrong and worse, but when I make a 'bad' choice, I want it to be just that...a choice.  Something I am doing deliberately, knowing that there will be repercussions...because I have decided it's worth it.  I never want to be doing things that feel wrong to me because I'm lazy or impulsive and hadn't bothered to think things through.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 30, 2020, 04:10:05 pm »
Absolutely, and anytime you want to! 

I typically approach moral issues from the standpoint of wanting to make conscious choices.  I firmly believe that we sometimes have to pick between wrong and worse, but when I make a 'bad' choice, I want it to be just that...a choice.  Something I am doing deliberately, knowing that there will be repercussions...because I have decided it's worth it.  I never want to be doing things that feel wrong to me because I'm lazy or impulsive and hadn't bothered to think things through.

Today I was sort of inspired not only by how the world has changed, but also my end of quarter reflections in my planner, so I wrote about reflections over time

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 03, 2020, 05:16:34 am »
Today I was sort of inspired not only by how the world has changed, but also my end of quarter reflections in my planner, so I wrote about reflections over time

I like your message there Kylara. Strangely my new post is based on living some of the things you've touched on. It's on how my view of what cultures means has developed recently and, as a side note, I think, sometime culture is one of those things that can fall into shadow because we don't really see it in all its depth ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/10/03/a-sparkle-of-cultures/ )

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 07, 2020, 05:18:34 pm »
I like your message there Kylara. Strangely my new post is based on living some of the things you've touched on. It's on how my view of what cultures means has developed recently and, as a side note, I think, sometime culture is one of those things that can fall into shadow because we don't really see it in all its depth ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/10/03/a-sparkle-of-cultures/ )

"I thought that accepting people meant not minding what they look like but I think theres more to it than that, because seeing what makes them special is a far harder thing, but truer in seeing who they are"

This is such a great quote, I really think that people spend too much time looking at how other people are strange and scary and different and not enough time trying to figure out what is incredible about other people.

I sort of twisted my idea for today...I had thought to write about the form and functions of masks, but ended up writing about the two sides of a mask instead.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 14, 2020, 03:49:54 pm »
"I thought that accepting people meant not minding what they look like but I think theres more to it than that, because seeing what makes them special is a far harder thing, but truer in seeing who they are"

This is such a great quote, I really think that people spend too much time looking at how other people are strange and scary and different and not enough time trying to figure out what is incredible about other people.

I sort of twisted my idea for today...I had thought to write about the form and functions of masks, but ended up writing about the two sides of a mask instead.

Today I wrote a little about Celebrating Darkness

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2020, 03:28:54 pm »
Today I wrote a little about Celebrating Darkness

A lot of thoughts about the recent dead this week, and how events effect both the living and those who have passed this year.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 28, 2020, 03:55:20 pm »
A lot of thoughts about the recent dead this week, and how events effect both the living and those who have passed this year.

Took an idea I had in waiting...and completely reworked it!  Ended up focusing on non localized spirits and how they change and evolve.

Tags: