collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 171749 times)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #690 on: March 27, 2020, 11:06:45 am »
Another great post.. I've been a bit preocupied of late but this has given me focus for a new post. Would it be ok for me to include a link to your post please?

Absolutely!  Anytime you want, feel free to link to any of my blogs!
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #691 on: March 27, 2020, 05:03:33 pm »
Absolutely!  Anytime you want, feel free to link to any of my blogs!

Thanks.
Here it is ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/03/27/the-sound-of-harmony-in-crisis/ ). Thoughts on how this crisis has made us come together stronger and how that gives me hope

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #692 on: March 30, 2020, 01:32:24 pm »
Thanks.
Here it is ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/03/27/the-sound-of-harmony-in-crisis/ ). Thoughts on how this crisis has made us come together stronger and how that gives me hope

I spent some time yesterday finally getting a handful of articles up on Seeking that have been sitting in draft for months (so some of them, not relevant to our current lives, but we can hope they will be again!) List as part of my Witch in Practice post for the week.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 01, 2020, 03:45:33 pm »
I spent some time yesterday finally getting a handful of articles up on Seeking that have been sitting in draft for months (so some of them, not relevant to our current lives, but we can hope they will be again!) List as part of my Witch in Practice post for the week.

I think it's really fascinating to see the many ways in which people are adjusting to social distancing, and I think it will be interesting to see what new technologies and methodologies develop out of this, as people are forced to try things in new ways.

I kind of went on a rant today about how Plague is not punishment  I've been seeing a lot of really out there explanations of what is going on, and I think a lot of them are really damaging to people's mental health, especially in a time like this.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 08, 2020, 04:22:51 pm »
I think it's really fascinating to see the many ways in which people are adjusting to social distancing, and I think it will be interesting to see what new technologies and methodologies develop out of this, as people are forced to try things in new ways.

I kind of went on a rant today about how Plague is not punishment  I've been seeing a lot of really out there explanations of what is going on, and I think a lot of them are really damaging to people's mental health, especially in a time like this.

Pretty much all my blogs this month are semi-inspired by what is going on in the world...it's sort of hard to escape right now.  This week I wrote about working from a distance and though it's something that many of us already do in some ways, I think that there are lots of different things we can do to make this type of work easier.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 15, 2020, 05:49:18 pm »
Pretty much all my blogs this month are semi-inspired by what is going on in the world...it's sort of hard to escape right now.  This week I wrote about working from a distance and though it's something that many of us already do in some ways, I think that there are lots of different things we can do to make this type of work easier.

More people around the world are staying at home, and that can bring extra challenges for many, especially if they feel like they can't take a moment for themselves.  Finding space no matter the circumstances is extremely important, and spiritual health is a legitimate part of our total well-being.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #696 on: April 17, 2020, 12:40:43 am »
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #697 on: April 21, 2020, 04:51:21 pm »
Hell froze over so I blogged. Practice Makes Progress, April 1-15.

A very small suggestion (for you to do with as you like): maybe 'res-goal-utions' rather than 'reso-goal-tions'?

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 22, 2020, 05:50:35 pm »
Hell froze over so I blogged. Practice Makes Progress, April 1-15.

You had a lot going on!  Sounds like some incredible experiences though.

I tried not to be too judgy in my blog this week, but the vast number of people who are crying persecution just ruffles my feathers.  There are amazing people of all religions though, who are doing great things to help keep people safe and inspire them at the same time.  So, I kind of wrote about how we are Made stronger by adversity

Haptalaon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Fencraft: Seekers of the Landweird
  • Religion: Fencraft (Pagan animism/trad witchcraft/cunning craft/folklore)
  • Preferred Pronouns: he
« Reply #699 on: April 26, 2020, 10:46:44 am »
I've made the tentative first steps at uploading my path stuff online.

I like religions with a clear to-do list, so I've started with The Three Practices, as that has been "stable" for a while. Then, I've got individual posts on Walking, Reading and Disconnection

I'm trying to edit and upload ~three posts a day, from my huge draft stash, but without letting digital time take over my life. So, trying to make time to actually do the three chores too.

Also, this is such an awesome idea for a thread. I've got it bookmarked in my browser's web bar. I'm always looking for more good blogged content/alive blogs. So, looking forward to delving into the archives of the thread soon!
Pagan life blog: Haptalaon @ Dreamwidth
Fencraft Handbook: Seekers of the Landweird: for land-trance, pagan animism, folklore and traditional witchcraft

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #700 on: April 26, 2020, 01:47:21 pm »

Oh right I actually made a religion blogpost.  About social distancing/quarantining and the nature of time:

http://sunsinherbranches.net/2020/04/19/we-are-all-in-mythological-time/
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2020, 05:00:02 am »
A very small suggestion (for you to do with as you like): maybe 'res-goal-utions' rather than 'reso-goal-tions'?

Sunflower

I suppose both would work? For some reason my brain trips over reading res-goal-utions even though pronouncing it might be slightly easier and it probably points to what I'm trying to get at more obviously.

I think I came up with reso-goal-tions at the end of last year when I was incoherently noodling about my goals for the upcoming year with my mom, and went off on a rant about how I don't do resolutions which landed at me spitting out "reso-goal-tions" like I was drunk.

I don't think I was but I don't need to be to ramble incoherently. ^_^
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 29, 2020, 10:29:31 pm »
I've made the tentative first steps at uploading my path stuff online.

I like religions with a clear to-do list, so I've started with The Three Practices, as that has been "stable" for a while. Then, I've got individual posts on Walking, Reading and Disconnection

I'm trying to edit and upload ~three posts a day, from my huge draft stash, but without letting digital time take over my life. So, trying to make time to actually do the three chores too.

Also, this is such an awesome idea for a thread. I've got it bookmarked in my browser's web bar. I'm always looking for more good blogged content/alive blogs. So, looking forward to delving into the archives of the thread soon!

I really like this quote, "One cannot really succeed or fail at the Practices – do not make them a stick to beat yourself or others with."  I also love how you talk about accessibility and the different ways in which you can approach the practices.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 29, 2020, 10:33:01 pm »
Oh right I actually made a religion blogpost.  About social distancing/quarantining and the nature of time:

I love the perspective of this!  I have definitely been struggling with this time, and I think that thinking about it as mythological time is going to be really helpful.

This week, I took inspiration from a lot of posts I've seen about how to celebrate Beltane alone, and the challenges that people might be facing in their practice right now.  Finding your practice where you are looks at how to take the meaning behind a ritual, and craft a new one based on what you have and what you personally need.

Haptalaon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Fencraft: Seekers of the Landweird
  • Religion: Fencraft (Pagan animism/trad witchcraft/cunning craft/folklore)
  • Preferred Pronouns: he
« Reply #704 on: May 06, 2020, 07:50:19 am »

I also think this is super beautiful. One of the main things I've noticed is how weird time feels under lockdown. Not just losing track of days, but the knowledge that huge parts of the world have slowed down or stopped entirely; and because time relates to distance, and when we're locked down places which would have been part of our everyday are suddenly made very far away again, our perception of distance changes. Which I think is rather cool.

There was a quote from another blog I liked saying "stop trying to make quarantine feel normal and comfortable; this is an excellent opportunity to make things weird." Well, from a mental health standpoint, I certainly can't criticise people for choosing to make life as everyday as possible, but yeah I'm pretty charmed by the idea that this gap in time is a perfect opportunity (both practically and symbolically) to do some extremely funky magical/religious work.

Pagan life blog: Haptalaon @ Dreamwidth
Fencraft Handbook: Seekers of the Landweird: for land-trance, pagan animism, folklore and traditional witchcraft

Tags: