"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 169170 times)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #660 on: January 08, 2020, 03:48:47 pm »
I understand that fear - I use a swipe lock rather than a code for the same reason. I like the idea of a mindfulness reminder on the lock screen, but I'm not willing to part with the current image, which is my vision board and serves as a reminder to focus on what I need to do.

Related to things that need doing, a rambling post about new year's goals: Rivulets of Thought

"Little dreams with big planning" I love it!  My planner this year (using the Dreambook + Planner) is all about building and working on goals, but I am definitely struggling with the bigger ones.  I can do the "everyday do something active, even if it's just spending a few moments in dedicated stretching" kind of things, but haven't (yet!) been able to manage "This is a huge goal I want to accomplish before I die, and here are all the steps to accomplish it".

Your random timer sounds really interesting.  Tuning in is one of my (new) daily practices this year, as I often find myself with a nice list of stuff that I want to do in a day, but I'll start scrolling Facebook or something, because I'm feeling...something....and end up wasting a bunch of time.  So I'm working on actually stopping, closing my eyes (so I won't be temped to keep scrolling lol) and seeing what I am feeling and why it is keeping me locked up.  It's been helping me a ton (I still scroll, but I am starting to be able to redirect myself better..little steps!)

Today I wrote about Sacred Laughter  I think that sometimes humor isn't given the recognition it deserves.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 15, 2020, 08:17:40 pm »
"Little dreams with big planning" I love it!  My planner this year (using the Dreambook + Planner) is all about building and working on goals, but I am definitely struggling with the bigger ones.  I can do the "everyday do something active, even if it's just spending a few moments in dedicated stretching" kind of things, but haven't (yet!) been able to manage "This is a huge goal I want to accomplish before I die, and here are all the steps to accomplish it".

Your random timer sounds really interesting.  Tuning in is one of my (new) daily practices this year, as I often find myself with a nice list of stuff that I want to do in a day, but I'll start scrolling Facebook or something, because I'm feeling...something....and end up wasting a bunch of time.  So I'm working on actually stopping, closing my eyes (so I won't be temped to keep scrolling lol) and seeing what I am feeling and why it is keeping me locked up.  It's been helping me a ton (I still scroll, but I am starting to be able to redirect myself better..little steps!)

Today I wrote about Sacred Laughter  I think that sometimes humor isn't given the recognition it deserves.

So, I had this idea, kind of prompted by Holocaust remembrance day at the end of the month, but also by a lot of what is going on in the world.  I don't tend to go political, and it's not highly, but there is a bit of that.  It may be a bit out of season, but I think it is important that we Never Forget

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 22, 2020, 02:52:24 pm »
So, I had this idea, kind of prompted by Holocaust remembrance day at the end of the month, but also by a lot of what is going on in the world.  I don't tend to go political, and it's not highly, but there is a bit of that.  It may be a bit out of season, but I think it is important that we Never Forget

An idea that got sparked in my head while watching Buffy!  Magic by any other name...is still magic!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 29, 2020, 03:43:28 pm »
An idea that got sparked in my head while watching Buffy!  Magic by any other name...is still magic!

Some thoughts on how spirits travel, and how we can work with spirits from other areas of the world, not just local ones.  Immigrant spirits

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 05, 2020, 05:27:26 pm »
Some thoughts on how spirits travel, and how we can work with spirits from other areas of the world, not just local ones.  Immigrant spirits

Talking about bad luck today, and how sometimes we have to ask ourselves, Is it bad luck....or?

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #665 on: February 06, 2020, 07:14:05 pm »
Talking about bad luck today, and how sometimes we have to ask ourselves, Is it bad luck....or?

So I did it. First ever blog post. Yay.

https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/02/06/arent-we-responsible-for-the-power-we-give-our-leaders/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 07, 2020, 11:57:56 am »
So I did it. First ever blog post. Yay.

https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/02/06/arent-we-responsible-for-the-power-we-give-our-leaders/

This is something I saw talked about a couple of places recently, and I agree.  There is this "Well, I voted, now I"m done," kind of attitude that combined with the "That is what (insert government person/organization here) decided so what can I do?" mindset that means people just kind of take whatever gets thrown at them...until enough get mad they protest.  But I think that only responding with radical reactions means we miss the opportunity to talk things out reasonably.

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 07, 2020, 01:48:02 pm »
This is something I saw talked about a couple of places recently, and I agree.  There is this "Well, I voted, now I"m done," kind of attitude that combined with the "That is what (insert government person/organization here) decided so what can I do?" mindset that means people just kind of take whatever gets thrown at them...until enough get mad they protest.  But I think that only responding with radical reactions means we miss the opportunity to talk things out reasonably.

Exactly. It got me so annoyed that people just want to wash their hands of things rather than put in a little input. Reasonable talk would give us much better options and save a lot of fighting

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 12, 2020, 06:21:45 pm »
Exactly. It got me so annoyed that people just want to wash their hands of things rather than put in a little input. Reasonable talk would give us much better options and save a lot of fighting

In my tradition of self-care for Valentines.....Mental care is self care!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 19, 2020, 04:32:55 pm »

Sometimes observances become nothing more than a giant party, but we can party with meaning

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 21, 2020, 03:09:13 pm »
Sometimes observances become nothing more than a giant party, but we can party with meaning

Turns out the future is not my problem ( https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/02/21/not-my-problem/ ), then again that doesn't mean I don't care about it

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 21, 2020, 03:56:00 pm »

Wish I could find some kind of like button on your pages. This is a really important issue, well worth a like :)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 22, 2020, 01:07:34 pm »
Wish I could find some kind of like button on your pages. This is a really important issue, well worth a like :)

Thank you, I feel really strongly about the topic.

I really like your blog, and love the phrase, "It's not my problem, it's my hope."  I always think it's strange that people both don't care and are short sighted enough to not realize that a lot of stuff that they feel is 'not my problem' will eventually become their problem (and a big problem) if no one does anything about it.  But because it doesn't directly hurt them, right now, it's like they don't even see how it could snowball in the future.

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 23, 2020, 05:54:35 pm »
Thank you, I feel really strongly about the topic.

I've suddenly found myself bombarded with blogs and tv programmes that keep leading me back to how we value ourselves and others . Primarily how we do that on the basis of belonging and difference.
I'm working on a new post about that and am wondering if you'd mind me linking back to your post from it ( I'm also hoping to link back to a post from another blogger about belonging as it's also relevant to my post)?

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 23, 2020, 06:01:39 pm »
I really like your blog, and love the phrase, "It's not my problem, it's my hope."  I always think it's strange that people both don't care and are short sighted enough to not realize that a lot of stuff that they feel is 'not my problem' will eventually become their problem (and a big problem) if no one does anything about it.  But because it doesn't directly hurt them, right now, it's like they don't even see how it could snowball in the future.

Thank you. I honestly hadn't imagined I'd think of much to blog about when I started.
I know, it's amazing that so many people do that. Is it a more recent thing do you think or is it just something that's more obvious now?
I guess some of it is being so overwhelmed in our own bubbles we don't look out or feel things are too big and shy away?

Tags: