Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 169138 times)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #645 on: November 12, 2019, 08:08:36 pm »
Best of luck on NaNo!  I love that, at least for me, no matter what I do for it, I walk away with learning new stuff about myself as a writer.

Definitely.  This year I've realized that I tend to produce better work when I write long-hand. Hmm...

I've managed to finish a post that I started a year ago, continuing the theme of getting myself back on track: Minding the Gap.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #646 on: November 13, 2019, 04:39:08 pm »
Definitely.  This year I've realized that I tend to produce better work when I write long-hand. Hmm...

I've managed to finish a post that I started a year ago, continuing the theme of getting myself back on track: Minding the Gap.

Powerful imagery here!  I think that sometimes we are squeezing our eyes so tightly closed so we don't have to see how our life isn't what we wanted it to be, that we step right into that gap and then it feels like we will never stop falling.

Veterans day always kind of makes me think of the dead, and I was thinking about the Difficult dead.  This is something that's come up a lot in different conversations, and I think there is a lot to think about on the subject.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 20, 2019, 03:43:39 pm »
Powerful imagery here!  I think that sometimes we are squeezing our eyes so tightly closed so we don't have to see how our life isn't what we wanted it to be, that we step right into that gap and then it feels like we will never stop falling.

Veterans day always kind of makes me think of the dead, and I was thinking about the Difficult dead.  This is something that's come up a lot in different conversations, and I think there is a lot to think about on the subject.

So many holidays!  Some thoughts on how we celebrate Secular versus Religious holidays

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 21, 2019, 11:19:07 pm »

There's some good stuff there and I want to revisit the post when I have a bit more mental space available to process it.

I'm having trouble focusing this week (because life), so this week's post is mostly updates on WIPs: Mixtape

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 27, 2019, 03:42:28 pm »
There's some good stuff there and I want to revisit the post when I have a bit more mental space available to process it.

I'm having trouble focusing this week (because life), so this week's post is mostly updates on WIPs: Mixtape.

Way to go on NaNo!  And I'm sorry to hear about your friends (from the mixtapes), that is always a hard thing to work through.  I also loved Good Omens!

I am sort of stuck on holidays at them moment it seems:  When holidays go bad...

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 04, 2019, 08:45:15 pm »
Way to go on NaNo!  And I'm sorry to hear about your friends (from the mixtapes), that is always a hard thing to work through.  I also loved Good Omens!

I am sort of stuck on holidays at them moment it seems:  When holidays go bad...

I got myself a dice advent calendar for the holidays, and so every day it's like an infusion of joy and delight!  It made me think about Time release magic

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 11, 2019, 09:04:42 pm »
I got myself a dice advent calendar for the holidays, and so every day it's like an infusion of joy and delight!  It made me think about Time release magic

I was going to call this post Hibernation...but then I wrote it and didn't use the word hibernation once, so I had to go back and change the title to Winter resting

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 18, 2019, 05:09:48 pm »
I was going to call this post Hibernation...but then I wrote it and didn't use the word hibernation once, so I had to go back and change the title to Winter resting

Got a little rambly this week, but wanted to talk a little about how we are effected when we experience Weather out of season

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 22, 2019, 04:36:58 pm »
Got a little rambly this week, but wanted to talk a little about how we are effected when we experience Weather out of season
I'm playing catch up on some things this week and will be interested in reading that one, particularly as I'm sitting here watching the rain pour down and planning to hike on Christmas Day when it's supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny.

Trying to get back on the blogging wagon this week: The Longest Night

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 25, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »
I'm playing catch up on some things this week and will be interested in reading that one, particularly as I'm sitting here watching the rain pour down and planning to hike on Christmas Day when it's supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny.

Trying to get back on the blogging wagon this week: The Longest Night.

Way to go with your language practice!  I want to get back into that (of course I'd have to settle on a language first lol)  And that is kind of amusing about your family and the gluten-related treats, dietary restrictions can be a two-edged sword sometimes.

I was inspired by all the gift giving holidays right now and wrote about gifts of love

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 29, 2019, 05:05:07 pm »
I was inspired by all the gift giving holidays right now and wrote about gifts of love

I really need to catch up on my blog reading....

A few words this afternoon on the subject of self-care:  Secure Your Own Mask First

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 01, 2020, 02:34:12 pm »
I really need to catch up on my blog reading....

A few words this afternoon on the subject of self-care:  Secure Your Own Mask First

Great read!  Self-care is such a loaded word anymore, sometimes I hate it when things get trendy, because people start twisting the words.  I have a lot of thoughts on this LOL Would you be okay with me linking your blog in a blog post of mine, if I write about it (since it sparked some thoughts in me)?

I tend to write about goals and such around the new year, and this year it was about creating a proper environment for a Fresh Start

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 02, 2020, 08:03:13 pm »
Great read!  Self-care is such a loaded word anymore, sometimes I hate it when things get trendy, because people start twisting the words.  I have a lot of thoughts on this LOL Would you be okay with me linking your blog in a blog post of mine, if I write about it (since it sparked some thoughts in me)?

I tend to write about goals and such around the new year, and this year it was about creating a proper environment for a Fresh Start

Thank you! I'm just fine with you linking.

I'm slowly catching up on my reading and loved your post on weather out of season.  It's so funny that you mentioned changing your device backgrounds to reflect the season - I was thinking about this earlier today and wondered if it might be helpful to stay grounded in the season.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 04, 2020, 01:46:47 pm »

I'm slowly catching up on my reading and loved your post on weather out of season.  It's so funny that you mentioned changing your device backgrounds to reflect the season - I was thinking about this earlier today and wondered if it might be helpful to stay grounded in the season.

I find it very useful, plus it's just fun (I do like changing things up, and having a new theme every month and a half keeps things fresh).  I've also set my lock screen background as a reminder to breathe or center.  That one wasn't as successful for me, I don't tend to actually look at my lock screen much before I swipe it.  Maybe if I put an actual code lock on it...but I'm afraid of forgetting it and locking myself out of my phone LOL

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 05, 2020, 05:11:14 pm »
I find it very useful, plus it's just fun (I do like changing things up, and having a new theme every month and a half keeps things fresh).  I've also set my lock screen background as a reminder to breathe or center.  That one wasn't as successful for me, I don't tend to actually look at my lock screen much before I swipe it.  Maybe if I put an actual code lock on it...but I'm afraid of forgetting it and locking myself out of my phone LOL

I understand that fear - I use a swipe lock rather than a code for the same reason. I like the idea of a mindfulness reminder on the lock screen, but I'm not willing to part with the current image, which is my vision board and serves as a reminder to focus on what I need to do.

Related to things that need doing, a rambling post about new year's goals: Rivulets of Thought

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tags: