"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 169167 times)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2019, 06:57:24 pm »
something is broken in the original link, it looks like the number changed in the date part of the address?  The Next Step this one should work!

I think that focusing on the daily stuff is a great next step.

Thanks Kylara.  My phone decided to put the post back into draft mode and I didn't realize it until today.  I love technology, really.  It just doesn't always love me.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2019, 11:04:58 pm »
I've been seeing a lot, especially recently about not being witchy enough, and the idea of Witchpectations came into my head last night, so I wrote about not only witchy expectations (I do really like my made up word:  witchpectations) in general, but also some of my own...along with the reality that is my practice and life.

Loved this post and your new word. I often fail to live up to my own expectations as a witch, so there's much that I can relate to there.

The words are trickling slowly this week, but I managed to string enough of them together to create a post.  I've taken a look at a particularly crooked branch of my family tree and at the challenge of acknowledging the not-so-blessed dead during this season:  Remembering Their Sorrows.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #632 on: October 14, 2019, 01:52:28 pm »

Next in the weekly installments, week four. Two chapters in my fiction writing with serious magical content, some projects in progress, and if you like the sounds of Leigh Bardugo's Ninth House which just came out, she does some fascinating things with the magical stuff and I talk a little about that (no spoilers.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #633 on: October 16, 2019, 04:51:16 pm »
Loved this post and your new word. I often fail to live up to my own expectations as a witch, so there's much that I can relate to there.

The words are trickling slowly this week, but I managed to string enough of them together to create a post.  I've taken a look at a particularly crooked branch of my family tree and at the challenge of acknowledging the not-so-blessed dead during this season:  Remembering Their Sorrows.

Thanks!  I love your term difficult dead, that is something that's come up in conversations before (about should you work with or honor ancestors who you knew did things that you find reprehensible), and I think the way you are handling it sounds really good.  It kind of reminds me a bit of why we study history (even the bad bits), to help serve as a reminder of what not to do.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 16, 2019, 04:53:18 pm »
Next in the weekly installments, week four. Two chapters in my fiction writing with serious magical content, some projects in progress, and if you like the sounds of Leigh Bardugo's Ninth House which just came out, she does some fascinating things with the magical stuff and I talk a little about that (no spoilers.)

Ninth house sounds interesting.  I tend to end up making up huge back history and content for my stories as well, your tarot sounds fascinating.

This week I ended up writing about Ethical Spirit Work, which started out being an ancestor worship topic, but sort of expanded in my head last night.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 16, 2019, 10:31:11 pm »
Thanks!  I love your term difficult dead, that is something that's come up in conversations before (about should you work with or honor ancestors who you knew did things that you find reprehensible), and I think the way you are handling it sounds really good.  It kind of reminds me a bit of why we study history (even the bad bits), to help serve as a reminder of what not to do.

Thank you!  It's been a hard balance to strike, but I feel like it's the right approach for now. I want to write some of their stories in a more meaningful way as a fictional piece, but that's a project for later.   

After realizing that I'd accidentally deleted a good chunk of the post before that one, I've continued my thoughts here: A Next Next Step

I have a long weekend coming up and am going to catch up on my blog reading then.  Looking forward to reading your post on spirit work.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 22, 2019, 06:54:44 pm »

Trying to make a habit of posting earlier in the week to free up mid-week for other projects.  A short post for this week:  Happy Rising Day.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 23, 2019, 03:35:36 pm »

After realizing that I'd accidentally deleted a good chunk of the post before that one, I've continued my thoughts here: A Next Next Step

I haven't been faced with life-changing health issues, but I have had the anxiety about them.  For me, many of them revolve around eyesight....as in if I lost my functional sight, almost everything I love to do would have to be relearned (some things might be completely gone, like computer gaming).  I can only imagine how hard it is, and am glad to hear that you are starting to find ways to reclaim the things that are important to you!

Trying to make a habit of posting earlier in the week to free up mid-week for other projects.  A short post for this week:  Happy Rising Day.

I love your quote!  Happy Rising Day to you!

I ended up writing about Paying for Spiritual Services this week.  I think there is a lot of baggage and misconceptions around this topic, but also that there is a lot of opportunity.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 28, 2019, 11:37:43 am »

Just posted my Witch in Practice week 6 (there is also a week 5 which I didn't post to the thread here.) Unsurprisingly, this coming week is all about the Samhain prep and the Samhain ritual work.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 30, 2019, 04:16:41 pm »
Just posted my Witch in Practice week 6 (there is also a week 5 which I didn't post to the thread here.) Unsurprisingly, this coming week is all about the Samhain prep and the Samhain ritual work.

I am really glad I haven't had to go for jury duty, I am pretty sure I would hate it lol  Your week this week sounds kinda like mine "haven't done the pre-NaNo writing I had planned, and then group ritual on Saturday"  Sadly I can't put off my pre-NaNo writing, so I'm going into binge writing mode tomorrow (as today seemed to have gotten lost in blogging and later I have a social commitment that will probably eat most of my evening).

I also had some technical difficulties with blogger today, it wouldn't load images (the whole load images popout window was seriously buggy, and I spent probably fifteen minutes fussing with it before washing my hands of the whole thing).  So I had to blog directly on Patreon, which was nice in one sense (less links), but sad in another (I like the continuity of having ALL my blogs in one place). 

I love words of all kinds, and pronunciation is one of those points that seems to really bother some people (whether they are worried about pronouncing things right or just fussing on other people's pronunciations), so I wrote today about my own thoughts on Proper Pronunciation....

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 30, 2019, 10:37:18 pm »
I haven't been faced with life-changing health issues, but I have had the anxiety about them.  For me, many of them revolve around eyesight....as in if I lost my functional sight, almost everything I love to do would have to be relearned (some things might be completely gone, like computer gaming).  I can only imagine how hard it is, and am glad to hear that you are starting to find ways to reclaim the things that are important to you!

The anxiety is understandable and I totally get where you're coming from about eyesight.

One thing I'll say about actually dealing with some of those serious issues, it's helped me to be less anxious about the what-if's of health issues.  I'm not indifferent to them, but I'm much better at not dwelling on them.  Life is short to stay in worry mode long.

I've managed a short musing about Halloween and a quick babble of updates this week: Halloween 365

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 04, 2019, 09:44:09 am »
I've managed a short musing about Halloween and a quick babble of updates this week: Halloween 365

My post, also about Samhain (and a little NaNoWriMo...). Here's Witch in Practice: Week 7. Key takeaway: taking Friday off for ritual prep was a Really Good Idea.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 05, 2019, 10:33:56 pm »
My post, also about Samhain (and a little NaNoWriMo...). Here's Witch in Practice: Week 7. Key takeaway: taking Friday off for ritual prep was a Really Good Idea.

I wished I'd had the good sense to take Friday off... or at least Saturday.

My Samhain post-mort:  Welcoming The Dead Home.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 06, 2019, 06:38:47 pm »

Love Halloween 365!  This is also my ascetic (lucky for me, my atheist husband is also a fan of the creepy, so we do have some things that stay out year round with no arguments), and I love the comparison of the things we do in practice to the activities of Halloween.

This is how I feel like practice should be..working within your life rather than trying to force your life to work with it.  I am sure your (mother?) appreciated not being reminded of things she'd rather not remember right now, and it sounds like your supper was lovely.

Best of luck on NaNo!  I love that, at least for me, no matter what I do for it, I walk away with learning new stuff about myself as a writer.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 06, 2019, 06:42:45 pm »

I love reading other people's witchy work!  Your meat pies sound good, and finding new ways to keep ritual space lit is always a good thing.  Our ritual was outside, with an above ground fire pit as my friends just moved into their house and haven't dug a permanent one yet.  Lighting was a concern for us too, we had to find the spot that hit from the two motion-sensor security lights, and ended up with lanterns set to mark the four corners of the circle, so our corner casters would know where the directions were (their property is a bit slanted, so it wasn't a clear orientation).

I think I was feeling melancholy today, it was definitely an overcast day here.  I ended up writing about Letting go without loosing yourself which was definitely partially inspired by the image, which is just one I found a while ago and saved in my blogging image folder.  Sometimes, when I'm not sure what to write about, I browse my folder and see what pops up for me.

Tags: