collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Recently Blogged  (Read 171728 times)

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: Recently Blogged
« Reply #720 on: June 15, 2020, 06:00:03 pm »
I'm glad you posted about celebrating ordinary, because I've gone ahead and started a blog of my own, and so far it's the most ordinary thing you can imagine (actually prosaic is the word I used, and is probably more accurate)!

It's nice to read your first two posts Perdita, and reading about ordinary, but meaningful things, is great. I look forward to your next post and think you'll find that they'll offer more to your readers than you realise.
The truth is that a lot of people ( myself included ) spend most of our lives living through the small and personal issues and seeing the world close by and its issues first and foremost - big issues occur and we get caught in them but our lives aren't there - and reading someone's views from their life helps where a blog shouting at big events wont.

I write what I do with a sense of trepidation ( inside me ) most of the time and I only go through with it because I can't just turn away and pretend ( I can't explain it better than that ) but I doubt they will change peoples lives.
I posted my last one only because I would have felt wrong in not saying about a danger I saw - but I did so knowing I could be misunderstanding the situation, wrong, hated or misread. And yet it's the only way I have strength to say my worries..

I tend to write with a ray of hope because I'm not strong enough to imagine hopelessness and because I'm a dreamer.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #721 on: June 15, 2020, 06:18:30 pm »
The truth is that a lot of people ( myself included ) spend most of our lives living through the small and personal issues and seeing the world close by and its issues first and foremost - big issues occur and we get caught in them but our lives aren't there - and reading someone's views from their life helps where a blog shouting at big events wont.

Thank you very much for your encouraging words Anon100 - my next post, Calamity, is almost ready to go and it's most certainly shouting at world events (and I've only managed to work the merest bit of positivity in there, still).  But there won't be many like that.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #722 on: June 15, 2020, 11:36:10 pm »
I'm glad you posted about celebrating ordinary, because I've gone ahead and started a blog of my own, and so far it's the most ordinary thing you can imagine (actually prosaic is the word I used, and is probably more accurate)!

Looking forward to reading it!

I've managed to actually put a few words on the page tonight.  I intended to write something light and humorous, but ended up going in a different direction:  The Stars We Steer By

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 16, 2020, 05:19:55 am »
I've managed to actually put a few words on the page tonight.  I intended to write something light and humorous, but ended up going in a different direction:  The Stars We Steer By

That was lovely, and helpful - may I provide a link to it in the resources section I'm including at the bottom of my next post, with your permission?

Also @Kylara and @Anon100 may I include links to your most recent blog posts, too?
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 16, 2020, 07:10:58 am »
Also @Kylara and @Anon100 may I include links to your most recent blog posts, too?

You certainly can Perdita.
I should add that, based on feedback and my musings, I may ( once I've worked out the words ) add a post rebutting and refining aspects of my previous one.

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 16, 2020, 07:14:28 am »

I second that, that was lovely Aisling and very wise

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 16, 2020, 08:10:48 pm »
You certainly can Perdita.
I should add that, based on feedback and my musings, I may ( once I've worked out the words ) add a post rebutting and refining aspects of my previous one.

And here is that post. A look inside myself at my fears and my mistakes - https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/06/16/where-i-was-wrong/

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #727 on: June 17, 2020, 01:07:59 pm »

Really great thoughts!  I do think that sometimes what we set out to write doesn't end up being what we actually write about, and that is okay to me.  I normally take it as a sign that what I ended up writing needed to be said (either for my own sake or someone else's).
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 17, 2020, 01:12:17 pm »

Absolutely, and always!

I really enjoyed reading your posts Perdita (and I really like the name of your blog too!).  It's funny, I'm really not great about personal journaling either (I love it, but I don't keep a consistent journal practice, I start ones often, and do micro-journaling in my planner).  For me, sometimes blogging is about just getting the thoughts out of my head, but sometimes it's about putting the words out there so that if anyone else is having similar thoughts (or questions, or concerns), they don't feel alone.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 17, 2020, 01:21:38 pm »
And here is that post. A look inside myself at my fears and my mistakes - https://musinghouse.home.blog/2020/06/16/where-i-was-wrong/

I like that you not only addressed your new thoughts, but also left the old ones up for reference.  I think that sometimes, when we change how we think, we want to erase all the thoughts we no longer agree with, but I feel like this leaves some of the path broken in a way that it makes it harder for other people to follow.  Part of what makes words so powerful is they cause people to think, and seeing a change in thought process may help other people find ways in which their own thoughts need changing.

It's nice to read your first two posts Perdita, and reading about ordinary, but meaningful things, is great. I look forward to your next post and think you'll find that they'll offer more to your readers than you realise.

I write what I do with a sense of trepidation ( inside me ) most of the time and I only go through with it because I can't just turn away and pretend ( I can't explain it better than that ) but I doubt they will change peoples lives.
I posted my last one only because I would have felt wrong in not saying about a danger I saw - but I did so knowing I could be misunderstanding the situation, wrong, hated or misread. And yet it's the only way I have strength to say my worries..

I tend to write with a ray of hope because I'm not strong enough to imagine hopelessness and because I'm a dreamer.

I also wanted to say that I thought this was a really good thought too, that our personal lives have meaning even to people who don't know us.  I think that we often get caught up in only talking about the big stuff, but all the little things can be hugely impactful...they are the stuff that make up our lives.

And when the big things come around, I think that it's not that people start yelling about them (because they are big and worthy of yelling about), but rather that some people tend to yell about what everyone ELSE should be doing...instead of saying how they are feeling and what they are doing.  I have seen (not here, on the greater interwebs), a lot of "Everyone should...." or "YOU should...." posts and rants about the current situation that are really focused on shaming people into action, and it's pretty icky to me...because everyone's circumstances are different and there is no 'everyone' solution.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 17, 2020, 04:14:02 pm »
If you've just updated your blog and would like to share, post a link here! You're welcome to include a brief summary, too, if you like. Noting any applicable trigger warnings for sensitive or upsetting topics is strongly encouraged and deeply appreciated.

In honor of Father's Day, I revisited the idea of the Divine Masculine (since I forgot I had written specifically about it before lol).  This was definitely a "here is what I think I am going to write about...and now I'm going somewhere different!"  I thought I was going to focus more on the imbalance between Gods and Goddesses in Paganism (and also how men are still often made to feel less welcome)...but ended up talking about something else entirely!  That's how it goes sometimes....so here it is, Divine Masculine....expanded

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2020, 04:53:00 pm »
In honor of Father's Day, I revisited the idea of the Divine Masculine (since I forgot I had written specifically about it before lol).  This was definitely a "here is what I think I am going to write about...and now I'm going somewhere different!"  I thought I was going to focus more on the imbalance between Gods and Goddesses in Paganism (and also how men are still often made to feel less welcome)...but ended up talking about something else entirely!  That's how it goes sometimes....so here it is, Divine Masculine....expanded

I read somewhere that this week is Mens' Health Week, too - so quite good timing, I feel.

For my part, I've now published my Calamity in 2020 post.  As mentioned previously, it's not terribly positive in it's outlook (for example, I felt compelled to put a content warning at the start, as I discuss some recent, tragic current events).  However, I did include some resources and links my readers can potentially visit if they're affected.
(From the Metta Sutta)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 20, 2020, 12:03:58 pm »

Snip.

I've now finished my post on Apps for Spirituality and Self Care

I've included mini reviews of a number of android apps for help with things like meditation (I believe my top pick, The Tapping Solution, is also available on iPhone), plus also some brain training games and finally special mention of the MyNoise website which @Jenett turned me onto, which is just great.
(From the Metta Sutta)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 20, 2020, 11:51:37 pm »
That was lovely, and helpful - may I provide a link to it in the resources section I'm including at the bottom of my next post, with your permission?

Thank you and yes, of course. 

It's nearly midnight and I've finally managed to post about the first full hour of my day: Solstice Sunrise.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 20, 2020, 11:52:49 pm »
I second that, that was lovely Aisling and very wise

Thank you! 

Neil deGrasse Tyson