Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Life's To-Do List 2012 Season 2  (Read 11976 times)

Aubrey_Rose

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Life's To-Do List 2012 Season 2
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;45733
The season is about to change again, so it's time for a new installment of the To-Do List thread.

If you've done this before, you know what to do next. The season for this thread will run from March 20th until June 20th.  As always, lists may be posted prior to the start of the season, but updates should not begin until the first day of the season.

If you're new to these threads, here's how to join the fun:  
  • Post your list of goals to be accomplished during the season. These can be goals of any sort- large or small.  There's no minimum or maximum number of goals required. These can be subdivided any way you like - dividing by topic and month are both popular methods.  
  • When posting, please either number your list or post a running total of the number of goals made and completed.  This makes tracking group stats much easier.
  • Let everyone know how things are coming along by periodically posting updates and progress reports on this thread. Most participants typically update on a weekly basis... or as they remember! I'll try to give stats updates for the group every week or two (number of participants, total number of goals completed, etc).
  • The fun ends on the last day of the season. I'll give everyone a couple of days to do their final updates and then post one last set of stats for the group.
  • Toward the end of the season, look for the link to the coming season's thread.

1. Start and Maintain my new garden
2. Read atleast one book on green witchery
3. Take part in atleast one full moon ritual
4. Start running. :eek: A healthy body is a happy one.
5. Continue learning about one new herb each week.
If we all lived a little greener, Then perhaps our children\'s children will live a little longer.
--Rose

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:33 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;45733
The season is about to change again, so it's time for a new installment of the To-Do List thread.

I haven't done this in a while (and I hesitate to do it for spring, since May is my busiest month every year)...but here goes...

1. Finish writing the first draft of my current myth in progress

That's it: my one and only goal. Now I'm committed.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 09:28:35 pm »
Quote from: Altair;48068
I haven't done this in a while (and I hesitate to do it for spring, since May is my busiest month every year)...but here goes...

1. Finish writing the first draft of my current myth in progress

That's it: my one and only goal. Now I'm committed.

Welcome back!  I wish I could narrow my list down to one goal.  I have a feeling that if I did, I'd end up sounding like Mel and making it "Don't kill anyone".  Actually, considering how the year has gone so far, that might not be a bad goal to consider.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »
Quote from: Juni;47878

Update time! Nothing can be crossed off yet, but I feel like I'm making significant progress.

March
03. Keep up with my new anti-procrastination calendars. The tumblr account is set up, and I wrote up a to-do list last night that I am working on today! Woo!
04. Write! I realized last night that this story needs to be first person present tense. Arggh.
05. Keep up with PBP posts. (F & G) Both F posts are up! I just need to get my first G done, which technically isn't late yet as it's still Friday.
06. Abbey Night once a week, aka the Night Without Electronic Entertainment. (What can I say, I like my lights. I'll just turn a few off.) Waiting to try again on the 31st!

April
01. Keep up with PBP posts. (G, H, H & I)
02. Don't miss any ASL classes.
03. Don't spend too much in DC!
04. Help Mom clean out the attic.
05. Write!
06. Read at least one book.
07. Make 1 item for Etsy stock.
08. Try a new recipe.

May
01. Keep up with PBP posts. (I, J, J & K)
02. Don't spend too much at Animazement!
03. Don't miss any ASL classes.
04. Start packing craft supplies and unread books.
05. Read at least one book.
06. Finish at least one item for Etsy store.

June
01. Keep up with PBP posts. (K, L, L, M & M)
02. Read at least one book.
03. Pack ALL THE THINGS! :D:

Goals this month: 4
Total Goals (so far): 20

Successes: 0
In progress: 4
Failures: 0
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;48096
Welcome back!

I was actually secretly back with you guys in this year's Season 1, but I was scared to open my mouth lest I blow it.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 09:47:42 pm »
Quote from: Altair;48194
I was actually secretly back with you guys in this year's Season 1, but I was scared to open my mouth lest I blow it.

LMAO.  I hope you did well...secretly, of course. :D:

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 12:56:37 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;47099

Well, my world has been thrown into unexpected chaos, so I'm doing a major revamp to this list.  My landlord has unexpectedly put the condo I rent up for sale, so it looks like a) I'm moving and b) as a result of potential moving expenses, my plan to go to Norway is delayed indefinitely.
:grr:
  • Get the gardens whipped into shape.  Changed to: Decide which plants are moving and which are staying behind.
  • Continue writing weekly posts for the Pagan Blog Project. -WIP.  This one I'm keeping, although I need to post yesterday's G-word.
  • Put away additional money for vacation move.
  • Learn basic Norwegian phrases and vocabulary. Changed to: Get all of the non-essentials packed.
  • Hit monthly goals for Wellness Incentive. - WIP.
  • Start brainstorming for NaNoWriMo 2012.   - How about a horror story about someone who values their privacy and personal spaces suddenly having their home invaded by obnoxious real estate agents?
  • Photograph the new pieces and get them posted to Etsy. Changed to: Start looking for a new place to live.
  • Go through entire wardrobe and donate things that don't fit. - Done!
  • Do spring cleaning/cleansing. Changed to: Lay down some heavy duty wards/spells/charms to keep away any nastiness that potential buyers/realtors might drag into the condo with them.  
  • Schedule my annual physical.
  • New goal: Check out local UU church. - I'm not particularly interested in it for myself, but this latest upheaval has proven that the parent who lives with me really needs to put down some better roots in the community.  Joining the UU church has been the only option so far that she's shown an interest in, so it's off to church I go.  
Total Goals: 11
Completed Goals: 1

and did I mention...

Neil deGrasse Tyson

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 01:35:21 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;48318
Well, my world has been thrown into unexpected chaos, so I'm doing a major revamp to this list.  My landlord has unexpectedly put the condo I rent up for sale, so it looks like a) I'm moving and b) as a result of potential moving expenses, my plan to go to Norway is delayed indefinitely.
  • Get the gardens whipped into shape.  Changed to: Decide which plants are moving and which are staying behind.
  • Continue writing weekly posts for the Pagan Blog Project. -WIP.  This one I'm keeping, although I need to post yesterday's G-word.
  • Put away additional money for vacation move.
  • Learn basic Norwegian phrases and vocabulary. Changed to: Get all of the non-essentials packed.
  • Hit monthly goals for Wellness Incentive. - WIP.
  • Start brainstorming for NaNoWriMo 2012.   - How about a horror story about someone who values their privacy and personal spaces suddenly having their home invaded by obnoxious real estate agents?
  • Photograph the new pieces and get them posted to Etsy. Changed to: Start looking for a new place to live.
  • Go through entire wardrobe and donate things that don't fit. - Done!
  • Do spring cleaning/cleansing. Changed to: Lay down some heavy duty wards/spells/charms to keep away any nastiness that potential buyers/realtors might drag into the condo with them.  
  • Schedule my annual physical.
  • New goal: Check out local UU church. - I'm not particularly interested in it for myself, but this latest upheaval has proven that the parent who lives with me really needs to put down some better roots in the community.  Joining the UU church has been the only option so far that she's shown an interest in, so it's off to church I go.  
Total Goals: 11
Completed Goals: 1

and did I mention...

Sorry!
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 01:24:57 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;48319
Sorry!

Aw, thanks.  I was just a bit frustrated because we'd just been told over the winter that they weren't planning to put it on the market for at least two years.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 01:29:09 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;48421
Aw, thanks.  I was just a bit frustrated because we'd just been told over the winter that they weren't planning to put it on the market for at least two years.

((Aisling)) What a pain!
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 02:03:24 pm »

Craptastic.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »
Quote from: Altair;48424
Craptastic.

Oh yeah, it's definitely that.  I've already been out on a Sunday drive to check out various rentals and may have a lead on townhouse.  *fingers crossed*

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 05:06:42 pm »
Quote from: Juni;48423
((Aisling)) What a pain!

No freaking kidding.

((((Aisling))))
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 02:39:40 am »

Total suckage.

((((Aisling))))
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 02:43:45 am »
Quote from: Morag;47761

Update 1.

March

1. Survive the show. --And it was awesome!
2. Finish CreateSpace files for Bellica's third edition. --Bam. Should be available for sale shortly after Easter weekend.
3. Make final corrections in eBook that you keep finding while doing the CS version. :mad: --Pretty sure I'm done this; may be one or two left. I'll do another final check-over this month, before the Kindle Select period is over and I need to upload files elsewhere.

April

4. Hunger Games! --Saw it yesterday. Really pleased with how they did it; overall a very good adaptation of book to movie.
5. Spring Mysteries Fest!
6. Road Trip to San Francisco (with possible stops along the way).
7. Turn in assignments? If I can make myself give enough of a flying fornication.
8. Get to 40,000 words in The Jade Star of Athering. (Projected release date: Summer Solstice.)
9. Blog more!

May

10. Finish The Jade Star of Athering.
11. Edit edit edit.
12. Get it beta-read.
13. Final edits.
14. Start layout work.
15. Get cover art done.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: