Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Other: Emerald City Comicon 2015  (Read 1947 times)

Nalusa

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://theleylinewar.thecomicseries.com/
Emerald City Comicon 2015
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:55:32 am »
I couldn't think of a better place to post this, since ECC overlaps so many entertainment demographics. If it's in the wrong spot, I do apologize!

I know it's several months away yet, but I'm one of those people who likes to plan waaaaaaaaay in advance. I also get excited way early too, lol.

Anyone here on the cauldron planning on attending? If not ECC, then a similar event in your area? What are you looking forward to the most?

My partner and I are new to tabletop gaming, but I'm hoping there will be an opportunity to watch people play various games while we are there. I learn best through observation, so it would be really exciting.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:17:54 pm by RandallS »

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Emerald City Comicon 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:35:11 am »
Quote from: Nalusa;158096
I couldn't think of a better place to post this, since ECC overlaps so many entertainment demographics. If it's in the wrong spot, I do apologize!

I know it's several months away yet, but I'm one of those people who likes to plan waaaaaaaaay in advance. I also get excited way early too, lol.

Anyone here on the cauldron planning on attending? If not ECC, then a similar event in your area? What are you looking forward to the most?

My partner and I are new to tabletop gaming, but I'm hoping there will be an opportunity to watch people play various games while we are there. I learn best through observation, so it would be really exciting.

Ooh, nice! I've always wanted to go to Comicon. I hope you post about it somewhere.

If everything goes well I might go to Baycon in May. I met someone this past May at a fan meeting (we later had lunch--she was great to talk to) and I hope to see her again.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:48:17 am »

Depends. This past year, everything sold out, even the single-day passes, at least a few weeks in advance, and unfortunately, I don't often have the opportunity to take time off or to plan that far ahead thanks to a schedule in high flux.

I've wanted to go, but now I fear that it's gotten far too large for me to feel comfortable attending as a first-time con-goer. I think I'll try to hit up GeekGirlCon before!
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Nalusa

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://theleylinewar.thecomicseries.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:22:40 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;158127
Ooh, nice! I've always wanted to go to Comicon. I hope you post about it somewhere.

If everything goes well I might go to Baycon in May. I met someone this past May at a fan meeting (we later had lunch--she was great to talk to) and I hope to see her again.

I'll have to link to a Dropbox gallery after it's all said and done. My partner and I are going as Serena and Tierno from the Pokemon X & Y games. Not exactly elaborate, but we were going for relative comfort and wearability.

I've never heard of Baycon, I'll have to look it up. I hope you get to see your friend, maybe you can make plans to meet up? :)

Quote from: Finn;158129
Depends. This past year, everything sold out, even the single-day passes, at least a few weeks in advance, and unfortunately, I don't often have the opportunity to take time off or to plan that far ahead thanks to a schedule in high flux.

We had friends that went last year and they said it was amazing, but that it was indeed packed because of the tickets selling out. This year they upped ticket prices for the three day pass by $20.00 because if the success last year. We actually bought our passes the day they went on sale, so we could be sure our whole group would get to go.

That really bites, you'd think the farther out the easier it would be to plan, but unfortunately that's not the case for everyone. Perhaps in the future you will be able to worth with your schedule to go.

Quote from: Finn;158129
I've wanted to go, but now I fear that it's gotten far too large for me to feel comfortable attending as a first-time con-goer. I think I'll try to hit up GeekGirlCon before!

Our friends that went last year, that was their first con ever and it was overwhelming for them. They enjoyed it, but it was intense. Normally my partner and I go to Sakuracon; it's less expensive admission wise and somewhat smaller, but we wanted to go with our friends and they desperately wanted to go to ECC again.

I think in 2015 we may have to go to GeekGirlCon too, I've heard lots of good things about it! It's too late this year to go (for us) but next year we would likely be able to swing it. :)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:52:27 pm »

Not the wrong spot, since there isn't really a right spot when you look at the topics covered by the subforums (or, too many spots that are right/right-ish). But not only does ECC overlap a lot of different fandoms, the subsequent convo is bringing up various other cons, and thus even more different geekeries and fandoms. So I'm moving it out of the 'Games' subforum and into the general Social Discussion Forums threads, where people who skip the 'Games' subforum, but who might be into other relevant things, are more likely to see it.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: