collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Online Survey for Student Research Project  (Read 2208 times)

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Online Survey for Student Research Project
« on: November 15, 2012, 02:32:01 pm »
I'm carrying out an independent research project for my graduation requirement. It's kind of like a dissertation, but I don't get a graduate degree awarded after I complete it...

Anyway, I need volunteers to take a short online survey. If you're interested, it takes about 20 minutes. The link is below. If you have any friends who may be interested in taking this survey, feel free to link it to them as well. :)

Thanks.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BYTGSVG

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Online Survey for Student Research Project
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;81042

Note for staff: I have no problems with this.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Online Survey for Student Research Project
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 07:22:43 pm »
I'm carrying out an independent research project for my graduation requirement.

What is the topic?
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

mlr52

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »
I'm carrying out an independent research project for my graduation requirement. It's kind of like a dissertation, but I don't get a graduate degree awarded after I complete it...

Anyway, I need volunteers to take a short online survey. If you're interested, it takes about 20 minutes. The link is below. If you have any friends who may be interested in taking this survey, feel free to link it to them as well. :)

Thanks.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BYTGSVG

Did not finish the test, I got confused.
Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;81094
What is the topic?

I filled it out! After general demographics, it seems to be about marriage, adoption, financial-legal-spiritual complexes about it... so on.

Only about one or two survey questions required me to re-read before I felt like I understood them-- although, the two pages that formed the main long list of questions appear to be duplicates of each other? Was that intentional, Laveth?
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 01:23:49 am »
Quote from: triple_entendre;81111
I filled it out! After general demographics, it seems to be about marriage, adoption, financial-legal-spiritual complexes about it... so on.

Only about one or two survey questions required me to re-read before I felt like I understood them-- although, the two pages that formed the main long list of questions appear to be duplicates of each other? Was that intentional, Laveth?
http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/#

If I told the entire forum, it would null the results. I can tell you in pm if you'd like?

And there are duplicate questions for a reason. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:26:32 am by Laveth »

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:32:42 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;81135
http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/#

If I told the entire forum, it would null the results. I can tell you in pm if you'd like?

And there are duplicate questions for a reason. :)

So now that the survey is closed, I can reveal what it's all about. The topic is belief perseverance. This is basically the phenomenon of believing something even after it has been completely debunked. Hence the first 'article', questions, debunking the article, and then repeating the same questions.

Thanks to everyone who participated, it really helped me out. I only got about 1/4 of the participants that I was aiming for but... that's often how research turns out when you have limited resources and time. :)

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 05:44:09 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;83911
So now that the survey is closed, I can reveal what it's all about. The topic is belief perseverance. This is basically the phenomenon of believing something even after it has been completely debunked. Hence the first 'article', questions, debunking the article, and then repeating the same questions.

Thanks to everyone who participated, it really helped me out. I only got about 1/4 of the participants that I was aiming for but... that's often how research turns out when you have limited resources and time. :)

I thought it was fun and it did make me question myself.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:38:48 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;83912
I thought it was fun and it did make me question myself.

Oh, and for the record, there were two different surveys. It depended on your birthday as to which one you got. One was about gay marriage rights, the other was about the relationship between certain personality traits and success in a management career. The hypothesis was that those exposed to the gay marriage survey would have a greater persistence of belief perseverance than those who had the management/personality traits survey because of the emotional intensity involved in the former.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 11:07:51 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;83925
Oh, and for the record, there were two different surveys. It depended on your birthday as to which one you got. One was about gay marriage rights, the other was about the relationship between certain personality traits and success in a management career. The hypothesis was that those exposed to the gay marriage survey would have a greater persistence of belief perseverance than those who had the management/personality traits survey because of the emotional intensity involved in the former.

That's interesting. I got the management one. I kept relating it back to work.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:27 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;83939
That's interesting. I got the management one. I kept relating it back to work.

The management falsification was easiest for me to think up because that's currently my source of income and I've seen people who go around claiming that so and so only got to be where they are because they're so selfish and arrogant. As near as I can tell, 99% of the time that's untrue, but it's still a common complaint amongst associates that I've known throughout the years so I figured it would be pretty easy to piggy-back on. ^^

Tags: