Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Goth Giraffes: The AI weirdness blog  (Read 3193 times)

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Goth Giraffes: The AI weirdness blog
« on: December 09, 2019, 07:17:02 pm »
I stumbled on this hilarious blog that is all about the weird and humorous results that neural-network AIs can produce. The blogger sets up all sorts of tasks for the AI, from halloween costume ideas (hence the goth giraffes) to knitting patterns, and if (like me) you enjoy absurdist humor, the results are glorious. It's fascinating how the AIs can appear so smart and so idiotic at the same time.

I think my favorite so far is the hat-themed Harry Potter slashfic.

There was also a link to a text-generating AI that anyone can give a prompt to. I fed it the first few words of the Charge of the Goddess and this is what I got:

(1)
Listen to the words of the Great Mother,
One of the greatest books ever written, a major work of literature, one that will affect every adult with a passion for science and thought, science and religious thought, and science and science fiction.
I know that there are many scientists in America today who are interested in what Pope Francis had to say and how important this book is. I know that the tenacity of American science and the outstanding accomplishments of our scientists continue to surprise and delight our entire nation.
There is a great, and quiet revolution happening in the

(2)
Listen to the words of the Great Mother, who was of old  a thorn in the flesh of whomever dared defy her.  Black sublimation is one of the secrets of the God is required to wield her true power.
Step 2
At this point you want to cast the  Magma weapon or Summoner's Water Song.
Step 3
Use the Gather Information spell to find out how many of the fragments are actually in the Library and whether or not they are enough to do what you wish for them to do.
Step 4
Cast the Black

(3)
Listen to the words of the Great Mother, who was of old also called Artemis, (and I wonder) why she bade such Things for Her children, being old and sore distressed: and in all her speech she has a hint of the word Proserpine: for She says, 'Let her child's one trouble be as one of its utmost need.' So after she had spoken she says to me, 'Ye nymes, we do not quite love her. She is in her power the mother of our enemies, the magistrates and rich man; and her name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Goth Giraffes: The AI weirdness blog
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 05:16:55 am »
There was also a link to a text-generating AI that anyone can give a prompt to. I fed it the first few words of the Charge of the Goddess and this is what I got

Wait, what? Those three were from a text-generating AI...?
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 06:33:15 pm »
Wait, what? Those three were from a text-generating AI...?

Indeed! Kinda spooky, isn't it? This is apparently one of the "smartest" text generators around currently. I'm especially impressed that it got 'Proserpine' from 'Artemis'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 10:44:08 am »
Kinda spooky, isn't it?

I can't quite articulate why, but yeah.

I read the item about SkyKnit and Hat3000, even linked it to a friend who's thinking of making one of the patterns (to make me a cat toy!)!
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Dragonoake

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 11:29:18 pm »

There was also a link to a text-generating AI that anyone can give a prompt to.

I've been playing around with song lyrics:

in the jungle, the peaceful jungle is home to nature's benevolent stewards, the carnivores and scavengers. Predators are likely to form long-term relationships, but they are not expected to be sexually interested in one another or act together. For example, the big cat, the very strong male, comes back to the village in search of potential mates. They appear quite selfish at first, and act as though they were a sole possession of the tiger, and the hunting has to take a backseat to the battle between the males. In my memory, these kinds of relationships have been quite traumatic for many villagers, but they are the way of nature for the most part. There are other tribes that have relationships such as this, and then you have the many tribes of small land mammals like mice,

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 06:29:31 pm »
in the jungle, the peaceful jungle is home to nature's benevolent stewards, the carnivores and scavengers. Predators are likely to form long-term relationships, but they are not expected to be sexually interested in one another or act together. For example, the big cat, the very strong male, comes back to the village in search of potential mates. They appear quite selfish at first, and act as though they were a sole possession of the tiger, and the hunting has to take a backseat to the battle between the males. In my memory, these kinds of relationships have been quite traumatic for many villagers, but they are the way of nature for the most part. There are other tribes that have relationships such as this, and then you have the many tribes of small land mammals like mice,

This sounds like the back cover of a Twilight knockoff, LOL.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Tags: