Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: Gotta love dat ol' Pat Robertson.  (Read 1965 times)

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
Gotta love dat ol' Pat Robertson.
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:23 am »
After begging po' folks for ''just $20 a month'', Pat Robertson says we should run from "scamsters... quoting the Bible."
Damn, but that's funny.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Gotta love dat ol' Pat Robertson.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:48:50 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;102269
After begging po' folks for ''just $20 a month'', Pat Robertson says we should run from "scamsters... quoting the Bible."
Damn, but that's funny.

:: rolling eyes ::

Taking what some fundie preachers say at point A and comparing it with what they say at point B can be almost as amusing as doing the same thing with politicians.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:47:16 am »
Damn, but that's funny.

I'd call it a pyramid scheme, but considering he's not Kemetic, perhaps a "cross scheme" might be more appropriate.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:59:21 pm »
Quote from: Jack;102346
I'd call it a pyramid scheme, but considering he's not Kemetic, perhaps a "cross scheme" might be more appropriate.

Bazinga!
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

RedHawk

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:49:34 pm »
Damn, but that's funny.

I roll my eyes every time I have to hear about him.

Dark Waters

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 02:00:45 am »
Quote from: RedHawk;102534
I roll my eyes every time I have to hear about him.

Call him "Talk from the Pocket" Pat

From Wiki:

In April 2002, Robertson acknowledged owning a race horse, named "Mr. Pat." He told a New York Times reporter that his interest in the horse was based purely on its aesthetics. "I don't bet and I don't gamble. I just enjoy watching horses running and performing." He found it harder to explain why he spent $520,000 on the horse and intended it to compete at the track.

More:

Robertson has also been accused of using his tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, Operation Blessing, as a front for his own financial gain, and then using his influence in the Republican Party to cover his tracks. After making emotional pleas in 1994 on The 700 Club for cash donations to Operation Blessing to support airlifts of refugees from Rwanda to Zaire, it was later discovered, by a reporter from The Virginian-Pilot, that Operation Blessing's planes were transporting diamond-mining equipment for the Robertson-owned African Development Corporation, a venture Robertson had established in cooperation with Zaire's dictator, Mobutu Sese Seko, whom Robertson had befriended earlier in 1993. According to Operation Blessing documents, Robertson personally owned the planes used for Operation Blessing airlifts.

Say 'when' . .

Robertson repeatedly supported former President of Liberia Charles Taylor in various episodes of his The 700 Club program during the United States' involvement in the Second Liberian Civil War in June and July 2003. Robertson accuses the U.S. State Department of giving President Bush bad advice in supporting Taylor's ouster as president, and of trying "as hard as they can to destabilize Liberia."

Robertson was criticized for failing to mention in his broadcasts his $8,000,000 (USD) investment in a Liberian gold mine. Taylor had been indicted by the United Nations for war crimes at the time of Robertson's support.
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Tags: