Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Florida State Rep Says Dolls Are Possessed by Demons  (Read 1541 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Florida State Rep Says Dolls Are Possessed by Demons
« on: May 25, 2018, 03:51:33 pm »
Paging Talking Tina, Chucky, and Annabelle! My favorite blog, JoeMyGod, summarizes:

Florida State Rep: Dolls Are Possessed By Demons
http://www.joemygod.com/2018/05/25/florida-state-rep-dolls-are-possessed-by-demons/

This is a person making laws affecting millions of Florida residents. But wait! There's more:

'Daniels [an African American] also made news earlier this year when she thanked God for slavery because otherwise she “might be somewhere in Africa worshiping a tree.” '

We should be so lucky, that A) she'd be in Africa, or anyplace else that's not here; and that B) she'd practice a religion so sensible and wonderful as to worship trees.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Florida State Rep Says Dolls Are Possessed by Demons
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 06:36:12 pm »
Paging Talking Tina, Chucky, and Annabelle! My favorite blog, JoeMyGod, summarizes:

http://www.joemygod.com/2018/05/25/florida-state-rep-dolls-are-possessed-by-demons/

This is a person making laws affecting millions of Florida residents. But wait! There's more:

'Daniels [an African American] also made news earlier this year when she thanked God for slavery because otherwise she “might be somewhere in Africa worshiping a tree.” '

We should be so lucky, that A) she'd be in Africa, or anyplace else that's not here; and that B) she'd practice a religion so sensible and wonderful as to worship trees.

May the spirits of her ancestors possess the bible she's thumping.  ::)

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: get free; get others free; make new life in the aftermath
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:46:10 pm »

I think it's only fair that she get to outlaw dolls for everyone in the country. It's her sincerely-held religious belief, after all. Maybe we could work up some kind of punishment for people who have dolls, too. Or who look like dolls! You never know.
"Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."
- Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 04:26:47 am »

She's a delusional lunatic. Fetishism and idolatry, really? What is this, the 15th century? Being worried about Satanism is a classic Christian scare tactic, but being worried about actual witches and demons practicing actual black magic? In the 21st century in the USA? I'm flabbergasted. This doesn't sound like the 1980's Satanic Panic, or even 19th century imperialist rhetoric about Christianize the world, it sounds more like the language used during the early modern witch craze. I'm flabbergasted, gobsmacked, and generally baffled where she got these notions. Did she spend to much time reading the Malleus Maleficarum or something?

"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Tags: