Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: You're Scared; I'm Scared. Let's Be Scared Together!  (Read 12783 times)

Nehet

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://youtu.be/_1GRj6CNSGg
Re: You're Scared; I'm Scared. Let's Be Scared Together!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;2372
I'd be happy if I could just play there, do research, write my book, and do my stuff without additional hassle.

This is not the hand of cards I was dealt, and Neb.y thinks it's the funniest thing since the Darwin Awards.

LOL.  I'll bet he does.
See, life is but a movement of eternal return.  Even Trees fall ~ Berlin papyrus 3024, (A man tired of life).

Live, Ausir, for all time and all eternity! Ankh Neheh Djet!

Bezenwepwy

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://nefersedt.livejournal.com
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 09:08:31 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;2070
What about you? Where are you? :confused:

For pretty much the first time in my life I think I'm more or less where I should be, or at least on the way. And I'm actually not scared or feeling lost. The only thing I wish I had was stronger direct interaction with Wepwawet and the other jackals. My experiences are all kind of subtle, composed mostly of feelings, impressions, and the ubiquitous mental 'nudges.' I'm admittedly quite envious of people who have vivid lucid dreams or really blatant visions/interactions where they can see and feel them. I crave to feel their presence in a way which is completely and undeniably real. This isn't to say that I doubt their existance, because enough has happened for me to know there's definitely something going on and that I have this really lovely relationship, I just wish the connection was even stronger and more tangible. I have snippets of barely remembered dreams where Wepwawet and I are holding hands... I want to have that when I'm awake too.
In Jackal-Infested Waters - The continuing adventures...
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 10:03:53 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;2070
...What about you? Where are you? :confused:

I am in the middle of the Land of Weird Shit Happening.  Seriously.Weird.Shit.

I wanted to quietly hoe onions, paying homage along the way, and instead I've been given a handful of oddness that has to be dealt with and I'm being pushed to deal with it.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 10:05:50 am »
Quote from: SatAset;2159
Aset had this to say:

Do not be afraid.  I am here, My child.  Sekhmet is with you in your fear and confusion.  Do not be afraid.  We are all around you.  Breathe and take in the blessings of Shu.  Calm yourself of worries and unfounded fear.  

Sekhmet and I will help you.  Call out to Us and we will be there.  Cleanse yourself with natron, light a candle and We will come.  Now.  

Do not hesitate.  Do let fear cloud your mind.  Do not let fear paralyze you.  

Cleanse yourself of your fear.  Pray to Us as you bathe in the natron water.  You will be renewed.  Your ka will be renewed.  

Come to your shrine.  We will be waiting for you.  Always.  

SatAset, this really helps.  Thank you for being the messenger.

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 10:07:43 am »
Quote from: Nehet;2331
Well, I appreciate it.  Actually, I'm tearing up a little.

Is it just me or is there some interesting energy going on with this SIG at the moment?

People are being all authentic and transparent and stuff.  It's kind of cool to see.  Doesn't happen much on the Internet.

It is not just you.  There's something happening here...and all it took was some thought to open the floodgates. :)

Nehet

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 12:09:16 pm »
Quote from: Bezenwepwy;2487
I'm admittedly quite envious of people who have vivid lucid dreams or really blatant visions/interactions where they can see and feel them.

Again, this stuff happens rarely.  People who talk about this stuff are usually talking about some of the few intense experiences that turned their life around.  Sometimes the Gods do that to get our attention.  Then they take a step back and let us handle things ourselves.  

I typically don't get strong experiences or any kind of "ritual buzz".  There's a subtle, peaceful feeling but nothing mind-blowing.

If I lived there all the time, I'd probably be unable to focus or get any work done.  

Mysticism doesn't pay the bills.
See, life is but a movement of eternal return.  Even Trees fall ~ Berlin papyrus 3024, (A man tired of life).

Nehet

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 12:10:46 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;2499
It is not just you.  There's something happening here...and all it took was some thought to open the floodgates. :)

Shit, are we ready for another light bulb thread?  :eek:

Helmsman_of_Inepu

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 01:26:37 pm »
Quote from: Bezenwepwy;2487
My experiences are all kind of subtle, composed mostly of feelings, impressions, and the ubiquitous mental 'nudges.'

About the same here. Nothing coherent. Weird little "kitty treats" now and then. And the "I sent you the moose, what more do you want? Figure it out" feeling.

I suppose in some ways this thread points out that it's not necessarily a huge disadvantage to be in a weak-contact situation. I can go ticking along making daily offerings and requests without feeling like I'm being ignored any more than usual. I could probably serve an open icon, but can't narrow down "who" beyond a certain point.
Kemetic Reconaissance blog.
ShrineBeautiful blog. Inspiring, enchanting sacred spaces.
FlameKeeping- Open Source Spirituality!

Lifewish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 03:37:34 pm »
Quote from: Helmsman_of_Inepu;2568
About the same here. Nothing coherent. Weird little "kitty treats" now and then. And the "I sent you the moose, what more do you want? Figure it out" feeling.
I

That about sums it up for me, too.  I was spoken to (well, laughed at), once, in an "Over here, idiot!  This is where you belong!" way.  Since then, I've been home.  No requests, orders, or contact of any sort, really, beyond nice things dropping into my life now and then.  I'm just here, trying to do honor to the gods and live my life accordingly.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 03:43:03 pm »
Quote from: Nehet;2534
Shit, are we ready for another light bulb thread?  :eek:

Probably not, but it doesn't mean the PTB won't given us one anyway. :p

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 04:11:48 pm »
Quote from: Helmsman_of_Inepu;2568
I could probably serve an open icon, but can't narrow down "who" beyond a certain point.

I figure I would definitely be honoring Set. He is top dog (and don't you forget it). But I think some part of me would always feel bad that I'm not as devoted to the other gods in my life (Aset, Asar, Hatmehyt). Perhaps this has been a roadblock for me as well.

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Bezenwepwy

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://nefersedt.livejournal.com
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 04:51:17 pm »
Quote from: Nehet;2533
Again, this stuff happens rarely.  People who talk about this stuff are usually talking about some of the few intense experiences...

Doesn't mean it isn't still high on my wishlist. ;) I'm kind of in a unique position though where a high level of mysticism wouldn't really cause any great disruption to my life.
In Jackal-Infested Waters - The continuing adventures...
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.

Nehet

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 08:12:09 pm »
Quote from: Devo;2643
I figure I would definitely be honoring Set. He is top dog (and don't you forget it). But I think some part of me would always feel bad that I'm not as devoted to the other gods in my life (Aset, Asar, Hatmehyt). Perhaps this has been a roadblock for me as well.

-Devo

I feel bad that I don't spend as much time with Djehuty, Sekhmet, Nut and other Gods who are important to me.   If I only have time for one ritual a day, it's for Ausir.  That means sacrificing some quality time with other Netjeru.

You can, of course, set a schedule for "dates" with other Gods.  Set aside time on a to give them a special offering and do a meditation.  Maybe just 15 minutes, or so.   Do that for your other Gods weekly, or maybe every couple of weeks.  That way they will know they aren't forgotten.  

I have found that celebrating festival days keeps my spirituality well-rounded.  I'm glad my temple does rituals to a different God each month (more or less).  It keeps me from getting tunnel vision :)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 11:16:04 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;2372
I am ... complicated.

I am really freaking complicated.

The recon-ish side of things is pretty simple, actually.  I'd be happy if I could just play there, do research, write my book, and do my stuff without additional hassle.

This is not the hand of cards I was dealt, and Neb.y thinks it's the funniest thing since the Darwin Awards.

I swear at Him a lot.

I think I would, too. And you know, when I'm on speaking terms with Le Lady o' Fire, I do a lot of swearing at her, too. ;)
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 11:20:44 pm »
Quote from: Nehet;2533
Again, this stuff happens rarely.  People who talk about this stuff are usually talking about some of the few intense experiences that turned their life around.  Sometimes the Gods do that to get our attention.  Then they take a step back and let us handle things ourselves.  

You could contact Sekhmet. She's... pretty... intense. I think I once described our constant-contact relationship as constantly walking into a brick wall. I mean, it's nothing that I don't mind (or need) at times, but it does get pretty deflating to have it happen frequently. And you know, hurts after a while. However, going from that intense in-your-face cursing-and-yelling-at-each-other to complete silence? I miss the brick wall times we had together. Sigh.

And you know, mysticism should totally pay the bills. Or, at least, pretend to pay the bills. :p
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Tags: