collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Pharaoh (the game)  (Read 3088 times)

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Pharaoh (the game)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 10:17:56 am »
Quote from: emmstah;74446
I hadn't heard of this, but if it is true this is great! Do you have any details or links to such information?

CotN is one of my favourite games, I still have it installed. :-)

http://tiltedmill.com/

The official site has been recently updated with a "what's next" banner, and they've started posting a lot of historical quotes as well.  A lot of the quotes they've been posting are from Chaucer, and they've posted a few more from different people.  One of the developers stopped by the forums and thanked everyone that has stuck around for such a long time.

No one is quite sure what the next game is going to be, but I wish they would hurry and tell us!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »
Quote from: ccam;73401

I just noticed that Pharaoh (including the Cleopatra expansion) is on sale for 60% off this weekend at GOG.com -- sale price $3.99. Pharaoh at GOG.com
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Nyktelios

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 08:53:10 am »
This is soft of random (I think) and I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum because it seemed apt to me.  I was wondering if anyone still plays the old game Pharaoh and the expansion Cleopatra.  If you don't know what it is, it's kind of like SimCity in ancient Egypt but about a thousand times better.  I still play Pharaoh like a fiend.  To me at least, it's maintained it's level of fun, even after 13 years.  When I play the free form missions I usually set my patron god as either Osiris or Seth because when you build the temple complex to them Osiris gets an add-on for Sobek and Seth gets an add-on for Sekhmet and both of them are very close to me.  Just thought I'd stir up some conversation, plus I love talking about Pharaoh with other people who still play it.

I used to love that game! I have a Mac now, so I can't play it on here, unfortunately. It does get pretty repetitive, but it's still fun.

Lykeios Lysios

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 06:17:16 pm »
This is soft of random (I think) and I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum because it seemed apt to me.  I was wondering if anyone still plays the old game Pharaoh and the expansion Cleopatra.  If you don't know what it is, it's kind of like SimCity in ancient Egypt but about a thousand times better.  I still play Pharaoh like a fiend.  To me at least, it's maintained it's level of fun, even after 13 years.  When I play the free form missions I usually set my patron god as either Osiris or Seth because when you build the temple complex to them Osiris gets an add-on for Sobek and Seth gets an add-on for Sekhmet and both of them are very close to me.  Just thought I'd stir up some conversation, plus I love talking about Pharaoh with other people who still play it.

I adore Pharaoh! I just had a two-week binge of playing it until I finally beat it! I'm on a break from it to play other games now but its a great game! :)
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire." - Rei Ayanami
"Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate." - Zhuangzi

Tags: