Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Working in a new job -- requests for prayer  (Read 1854 times)

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Working in a new job -- requests for prayer
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:19:06 pm »
I am now living most of the time in New Mexico with a new and demanding job.  I am requesting prayers for my wellbeing and success, however you pray according to your tradition.  Or if you don't pray, whatever you do spiritually to provide assistance is much appreciated.

I am having to learn new skills, drive a lot which I am not accustomed to, and I cope with mental illness.  I took a big risk doing this, but so far I am enjoying myself.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Re: Working in a new job -- requests for prayer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 08:32:57 am »
I am now living most of the time in New Mexico with a new and demanding job.  I am requesting prayers for my wellbeing and success, however you pray according to your tradition.  Or if you don't pray, whatever you do spiritually to provide assistance is much appreciated.

I am having to learn new skills, drive a lot which I am not accustomed to, and I cope with mental illness.  I took a big risk doing this, but so far I am enjoying myself.

lit candle imageGood luck! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:15:44 pm »
I am requesting prayers for my wellbeing and success, however you pray according to your tradition.

My best wishes, and good luck.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 03:03:07 am »

Rather than begin a new thread I believe it is appropriate to resurrect this one since this is an update.

The job did not work out in New Mexico.  I could not learn the material fast enough -- some of it I did not learn at all.  This is a continual problem in my job history.  I have a difficult time understanding what people are telling me if they are not very precise, too, at least in a teaching setting.

I have recently begun a new job, but I am dissociating at work and therefore having a hard time concentrating, remembering, paying attention, or even hearing what people are telling me.  It all goes into some foggy place.  This does not seem to be a side effect of the medications because the meds overall have helped my attention become sharper and more focused.  I only experience this under stress or when certain other environmental cues trigger it.  My dissociation is being addressed in therapy, but I don't know how to stop doing it.  It is involuntary for me most of the time.

I'm going to persist in this job for as long as I can, but I fear this will not work out, and I haven't been able to hold down a job very long for a year or more now.

I appreciate prayers or whatever other alternative to prayer you turn to in matters like this.  I have an appointment with my therapist next week and will be discussing this matter.

I am grateful for a space to express this.  As far as I know this post is appropriate for this subforum, but I'm not sure if it needs to be moved elsewhere since I have become more detailed in the circumstances.

Thanks for reading.
My personal moral code:

Rowan

• View Profile
    • Pink Triangle Cafe
  • Religion: pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 05:37:21 pm »
Rather than begin a new thread I believe it is appropriate to resurrect this one since this is an update.

The job did not work out in New Mexico.  I could not learn the material fast enough -- some of it I did not learn at all.  This is a continual problem in my job history.  I have a difficult time understanding what people are telling me if they are not very precise, too, at least in a teaching setting.

I'm rather new here, but have you considered trying a job that allows you to work from home?

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 06:09:45 pm »
I'm rather new here, but have you considered trying a job that allows you to work from home?

Yes, I am searching for that.
My personal moral code:

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 11:42:18 pm »

Praying for your good fortune, EclecticWheel

Tags: