collapse

Author Topic: Thoughts & Prayers for Family (especially Brother)  (Read 1401 times)

Amethyst

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://aamethyst.wordpress.com/
Thoughts & Prayers for Family (especially Brother)
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:10:05 am »
For years my immediate family has been having some difficulties getting along. And while I get into arguments, my parents and brother regularly get into verbally violent fights. Recently their fights have become more troublesome, culminating in today when my parents accused my brother of drinking (he's underage) and he became so enraged and frustrated that he punched several windows. He punched through them and is currently in the hospital.

My family does love each other, but I think we have trouble communicating. I ask for any free thoughts for the physical healing of my brother, as well as strength for my family to figure out the best way to overcome our differences.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.//Serbian Proverb
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.//Mark Twain
Member of the New Order of Druids//Greener Paths

MoonCrone

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts & Prayers for Family (especially Brother)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:00:02 am »
Quote from: Amethyst;62575
For years my immediate family has been having some difficulties getting along. And while I get into arguments, my parents and brother regularly get into verbally violent fights. Recently their fights have become more troublesome, culminating in today when my parents accused my brother of drinking (he's underage) and he became so enraged and frustrated that he punched several windows. He punched through them and is currently in the hospital.

My family does love each other, but I think we have trouble communicating. I ask for any free thoughts for the physical healing of my brother, as well as strength for my family to figure out the best way to overcome our differences.

I am sorry to hear you have this situation going on in your life and that it is causing you distress.  I hope your Brother gets the help he needs at the hospital, both for his physical injuries and his psychological/emotional needs too because behaving like that isn't right, whatever the reason.
Family dynamics go through a lot of changes as yongsters start to mature and find their way in life... some seem to sail through it while others seem to have a rocky time.. it's hard to say what works and what doesn't coz we are all so different.
I think it's all about open and honest communication but when everyone has their own agenda and issues (and demons?) to be dealing with it can and does cloudy the water...
I hope you can come to peaceful resolution soon, that your Brother heals quickly, and I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

MC xx
It\'s all about the Ebb and Flow...

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:59:32 am »

Good communication thoughts.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:20 pm »

I'll be sending thoughts your way for you and your family.

Amethyst

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://aamethyst.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:41:26 am »
Quote from: MoonCrone;62598

Quote from: RandallS;62615

Quote from: Annie Roonie;62638

I want to thank everyone for their comments and thoughts. My brother had surgery yesterday that (so far) seems to have gone well. It will probably take much longer to see if our family dynamics can improve also, but my parents are already talking about ways to work on it, so I'm hoping for the best! Thank you again!
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.//Serbian Proverb
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.//Mark Twain
Member of the New Order of Druids//Greener Paths

Tags: