Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Safety and wisdom needed  (Read 1843 times)

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Safety and wisdom needed
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:45:05 am »
Ok, so I recently had a job opportunity dropped in my lap. Considering the coincidence of it and my prayers for a new job, I'm inclined to investigate and perhaps take it. However, it's door-to-door, not quite sales but something like it. The problem is that I'm five feet tall, asthmatic, and a girl and I look fourteen. Rightly so, my grandmother and boyfriend are extremely worried about my safety in general, much more because of my interest in this job and are not supportive. So really, I need some help deciding if this is worth the risk and would like some prayers for guidance and especially safety if I do take it. Btw, the company isn't shady, it's just the risk of entering strangers houses. Please and thank you.
Finding the Secret Places This is my new blog

R03e

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Safety and wisdom needed
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:05:15 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;48921
Ok, so I recently had a job opportunity dropped in my lap. Considering the coincidence of it and my prayers for a new job, I'm inclined to investigate and perhaps take it. However, it's door-to-door, not quite sales but something like it. The problem is that I'm five feet tall, asthmatic, and a girl and I look fourteen. Rightly so, my grandmother and boyfriend are extremely worried about my safety in general, much more because of my interest in this job and are not supportive. So really, I need some help deciding if this is worth the risk and would like some prayers for guidance and especially safety if I do take it. Btw, the company isn't shady, it's just the risk of entering strangers houses. Please and thank you.

Where there are risks there has to be solutions to reduce those risks. In case of trouble clients: people that are violent or lustful, there might be something the company will give you to help protect yourself.

That depends on the company, they might not be shady,  but are they the type of company that care?  I really don't know how this works, but I'm, sure they aren't going to allow you to enter anyone's home without providing you with resources and options for protection like pepper spray in case a customer doesn't have personal space in vocab and tries to dominant you. Then I"m thinking of all the people that might actually would slam the door on your face in annoyance and wonder how often you will actually be in their home.

It really can be hard sometimes to worry about risks in this economy, but safety shouldn't be ignored either. I say consider research not just the job's precautions, but stats as well. Keep an opinion mind if their might be other job openings in other companies at this time and if not then consider this job especially if you think the pay will be worth it.

((((hopes for you safety if job is considered)))

(((energies to help give insights of your current opportunity.))))
R03e

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Safety and wisdom needed
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:33:32 am »
Quote from: R03e;48930
Where there are risks there has to be solutions to reduce those risks. In case of trouble clients: people that are violent or lustful, there might be something the company will give you to help protect yourself.

That depends on the company, they might not be shady,  but are they the type of company that care?  I really don't know how this works, but I'm, sure they aren't going to allow you to enter anyone's home without providing you with resources and options for protection like pepper spray in case a customer doesn't have personal space in vocab and tries to dominant you. Then I"m thinking of all the people that might actually would slam the door on your face in annoyance and wonder how often you will actually be in their home.

It really can be hard sometimes to worry about risks in this economy, but safety shouldn't be ignored either. I say consider research not just the job's precautions, but stats as well. Keep an opinion mind if their might be other job openings in other companies at this time and if not then consider this job especially if you think the pay will be worth it.

((((hopes for you safety if job is considered)))

(((energies to help give insights of your current opportunity.))))

So, I asked for an unmistakable sign, something I could clearly see as a yes or no. My asthma flared almost literally as I stepped out the door. And as I stood around waiting for my inhaler to kick in I realised I left my resume and social security card in the house, and then I couldn't remember where I put the card. This whole time my asthma's still goin strong (which means problem since that warns of a potential er visit >.>). I finally just sat down and called to reschedule my interview so i could take the time to use my nebulizer. Within three minutes of doing that my asthma started to calm down and twenty minutes later I'm almost back to normal breathing. I haven't had a serious asthma problem all week either lol so I guess I got my sign huh?

tihana

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://metapot.com/cart.php?mode=friend_wl&wlid=c5f6e25cf20eac9d7bc7a83d4af56bee
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:03:09 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;48921

Ha, you sound like myself. :) I too am only 5 feet tall and look like a young teenager despite being in my mid 20's. A blessing and a curse I tell ya! As for being nervous, totally understand. I remember working retail in Buffalo, NY a couple years ago and not having a car. Sometimes I'd have to close the store and bloody WALK home at 10:30 at night all alone. Nervous? Every night. Occasionally you'd get a weirdo at the store hitting on you and you bet your sweet behind if I wasn't scared I'd meet up with them later that night, angry I turned them down.

But lo, I'm still here. The way I see it is.... you just can't predict when something bad will happen. Sometimes the thing that seems most obvious is the least likely thing to happen. With my past experiences, despite my figure, I have no fear of being alone in public. While easy for me to say I understand that everyone thinks differently, plus health issues have to be taken into consideration. But you always work around it; you find a way to make things work. Prepare for such a situation: Bring a phone and if you feel the need, pepper spray. Plan out what you will do if an asthma attack pops up. (I have to plan in such a way in case I get a panic attack. Pain in the butt, but I have to live my life...)

I don't think others can really tell you what to do in this dilemma. When health and personal safety is involved it's a slippery slope. Advice in conjunction with judgement...Sigh. It stinks, doesn't it?

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:44:13 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;48955
So, I asked for an unmistakable sign, something I could clearly see as a yes or no. My asthma flared almost literally as I stepped out the door. And as I stood around waiting for my inhaler to kick in I realised I left my resume and social security card in the house, and then I couldn't remember where I put the card. This whole time my asthma's still goin strong (which means problem since that warns of a potential er visit >.>). I finally just sat down and called to reschedule my interview so i could take the time to use my nebulizer. Within three minutes of doing that my asthma started to calm down and twenty minutes later I'm almost back to normal breathing. I haven't had a serious asthma problem all week either lol so I guess I got my sign huh?

First off, yay for a fellow short/youthful person! I'm five-feet even and twenty-two; I give myself seven or eight years to actually look like it.

Also, that's a sign pretty clearly saying "NONONONONONONO WE TOTALLY FUCKED UP NEVER MIND."

Here's hoping the gods help you find another job.
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:01:12 am »
Quote from: Sharysa;49493
First off, yay for a fellow short/youthful person! I'm five-feet even and twenty-two; I give myself seven or eight years to actually look like it.

Also, that's a sign pretty clearly saying "NONONONONONONO WE TOTALLY FUCKED UP NEVER MIND."

Here's hoping the gods help you find another job.

lol wait, as an added bonus, the same night I posted this I also asked if they could give me a sign like a turtle for yes and a spiral for no. They were completely random because I don't usually see them in my everyday life. So, after I had rescheduled my interview cuz of my asthma, my boyfriend came over to hang out, check on me to make sure I wasn't gonna suffocate (he's become ultra paranoid since he had to call 911 and take me to the er over an asthma attack), and to make his case again for why I shouldn't take this job and why I should just cancel the interview completely. He started playing one of his new games and at a certain point demanded my attention to watch him play a particular scene cuz he thought it was awesome and after the scene the loading screen came up. I have never seen the loading screen for this particular game he was playing. Guess what it was. That's right, a spiral on a black screen. Nothing else. And apparently it's always like that, but i'd never seen it before. Yeah, after that, I called and cancelled the interview completely lol

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 08:24:09 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;49501
lol wait, as an added bonus, the same night I posted this I also asked if they could give me a sign like a turtle for yes and a spiral for no. They were completely random because I don't usually see them in my everyday life.

[snip]

I have never seen the loading screen for this particular game he was playing. Guess what it was. That's right, a spiral on a black screen.

Just goes to show that sometimes the gods make mistakes, too.

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:17 pm »
Quote from: Sharysa;49633
Just goes to show that sometimes the gods make mistakes, too.

To be fair, I could've just jumped the gun in excitement XD I tend to get easily excited when it comes to prayer potentially being answered lol

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 10:54:07 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;49634
To be fair, I could've just jumped the gun in excitement XD I tend to get easily excited when it comes to prayer potentially being answered lol

That is also a possibility. :P

Tags: