Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: Roommate robbed at gunpoint last night  (Read 6939 times)

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Roommate robbed at gunpoint last night
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2012, 07:13:42 am »
Quote from: stephyjh;54759
Ok, so I have the full story from Zeke about how this REALLY went down, and now it makes much more sense.  
*snip*
So I'm done. I don't live with petty criminals, particularly ones who will put me in danger, and I'm calling CPS about him involving Greg. I have HAD IT.

Oh Stephy, I don't even know what to say... That poor little boy. I hope there's a way for this to work out well for him.

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2012, 09:26:12 am »
Quote from: stephyjh;54759
Ok, so I have the full story from Zeke about how this REALLY went down, and now it makes much more sense. This wasn't a random robbery. It was a drug deal that went wrong. Zeke had promised me that he would have no further dealings with weed (including smoking it--I have zero tolerance for crime in my home) after he got rid of his evil ex, but he apparently has been selling it. He took his child with him on a drug deal, which boggles my mind and turns my stomach. But that explains why the cops aren't wanting to do anything about it. My friend who was a deputy sheriff used to call incidents like this NHIs, meaning No Humans Involved. So I'm done. I don't live with petty criminals, particularly ones who will put me in danger, and I'm calling CPS about him involving Greg. I have HAD IT.

Not sure what I can say to add that hasn't already been said, but I'll echo it anyways: Holy fuck that is unreal!  Words escape me on what to say about that guy and his decision making ability.

Glad you are out of there.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2012, 02:21:01 pm »
Quote from: Etheric1;54903
Not sure what I can say to add that hasn't already been said, but I'll echo it anyways: Holy fuck that is unreal!  Words escape me on what to say about that guy and his decision making ability.

This thread, or this page at least, has surely set a TC 'fuck' record.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2012, 01:44:10 am »
Quote from: Etheric1;54903

Hanging this here because it's as good as anywhere: I didn't have to call CPS. Someone else did. They're going to be there tomorrow to investigate. I told Zeke that if it came down to it, he could offer to voluntarily sign temporary custody of Greg over to me, and I could keep the apartment and he could just move out. That way Greg would be uprooted as little as possible.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2012, 10:54:48 am »
Quote from: stephyjh;55061
Hanging this here because it's as good as anywhere: I didn't have to call CPS. Someone else did. They're going to be there tomorrow to investigate. I told Zeke that if it came down to it, he could offer to voluntarily sign temporary custody of Greg over to me, and I could keep the apartment and he could just move out. That way Greg would be uprooted as little as possible.

I had the feeling someone was bound to call at some point. If Zeke had told the cops the full story, they were probably obligated to report him. (Or, something.) So, while you didn't have to deal with that hullabaloo, at least now you can offer what you want in the first place.

How's Greg doing with all of this?
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2012, 11:36:08 pm »

Oh that sounds like a much better solution for the child and hopefully you too. That's quite a responsibility to take on. Much respect to you for offering it. I hope this Zeke sees it as you do and does something good for his son.

Gelfling

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:32 am »

If that's safe, that sounds like the best option for Greg.  Do the police think there's any chance that the other guy won't care that Zeke isn't there, and make good on the rest of his threat, anyway?

You're all in my prayers, though Zeke's is more of a "get yourself together!" sort of prayer.

Wickerman

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 11:12:36 am »
Quote from: Gelfling;55280
If that's safe, that sounds like the best option for Greg.  Do the police think there's any chance that the other guy won't care that Zeke isn't there, and make good on the rest of his threat, anyway?

You're all in my prayers, though Zeke's is more of a "get yourself together!" sort of prayer.

The fact that he called rather than just showing up, probably means that it was an intimidation tactic, rather than something he intended to do. Had he meant to kill anyone he probably would have done it during the original robbery.
"Don\'t take life too seriously, or you\'ll never get out of it alive." (Bugs Bunny)

Tags: