collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Roommate robbed at gunpoint last night  (Read 6993 times)

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Roommate robbed at gunpoint last night
« on: May 08, 2012, 06:57:40 pm »
My roommate went to pick his little boy up from the babysitter last night, and on the way home,  little Greg complained that he was hungry. So Zeke pulled into the McDonald's near our house and our workplace, and as soon as he unlocked the door of the car, it was pulled open, and a couple of punks put a gun to his head. They dragged him from the car, went through his pockets, and stole his iPhone and our rent money. Then they pulled him into their vehicle and started to take off with him. He was able to convince them to let him go, not to take him with Greg there. But they cleaned him out. Luckily there was enough money between my emergency stash and his available credit to make up for the rent, but what really has me shaken is that when he got back to his car,  the damn fool went CHASING them! ("I had to get the plate number," he says.) And of course, poor little Greg saw the whole thing. I'm doing the best I can for them, but there are traumas even cookies and  new comic books don't  fix. Please pray for them, and for me, because being a caretaker is not really what I signed up for as a roommate, and it's hard.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Rhyshadow

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Roommate robbed at gunpoint last night
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:10:20 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;53555
My roommate went to pick his little boy up from the babysitter last night, and on the way home,  little Greg complained that he was hungry. So Zeke pulled into the McDonald's near our house and our workplace, and as soon as he unlocked the door of the car, it was pulled open, and a couple of punks put a gun to his head. They dragged him from the car, went through his pockets, and stole his iPhone and our rent money. Then they pulled him into their vehicle and started to take off with him. He was able to convince them to let him go, not to take him with Greg there. But they cleaned him out. Luckily there was enough money between my emergency stash and his available credit to make up for the rent, but what really has me shaken is that when he got back to his car,  the damn fool went CHASING them! ("I had to get the plate number," he says.) And of course, poor little Greg saw the whole thing. I'm doing the best I can for them, but there are traumas even cookies and  new comic books don't  fix. Please pray for them, and for me, because being a caretaker is not really what I signed up for as a roommate, and it's hard.

{{{Stephy, Zeke and Greg}}}

Prayers and good thoughts on the way

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »
Luckily there was enough money between my emergency stash and his available credit to make up for the rent, but what really has me shaken is that when he got back to his car,  the damn fool went CHASING them! ("I had to get the plate number," he says.)

Which was actually as smart as it was risky. You can change/hide your appearance really easily, but it's hard to legally sell your car off in less than a few days.

Keeping you three in my thoughts.
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »

(((hugs))) Everyone's in my thoughts. That must have been terrifying for everyone involved.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:09:05 pm »

(((((Stephy, Greg & Zeke)))))
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:25:37 pm »
Please pray for them, and for me, because being a caretaker is not really what I signed up for as a roommate, and it's hard.

(((Greg, Zeke, and Stephy)))

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »

(((((Greg, Zeke, and Stephy)))))
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Starglade

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »

{{{Stephy, Zeke, and Greg}}} mantras going up for all of you.
"The Eightfold Path is sometimes called the pathless path. Each step brings a growing awareness that enlightenment is in the here and now--in the world and in our relationships as we read these words . . . now." -- Jonathan White
http://grammargeddon.com

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:38 pm »
....but what really has me shaken is that when he got back to his car,  the damn fool went CHASING them! ("I had to get the plate number," he says.)

I probably would have done the same thing. Prayers for all of you -- and that they catch the perps.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

spoOk

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 01:25:09 am »
Quote from: RandallS;53582
I probably would have done the same thing. Prayers for all of you -- and that they catch the perps.

wholey poo!
hope some karma werks those fools out! how's the lil munky?
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 08:01:48 am »
Quote from: spoOk;53606
wholey poo!
hope some karma werks those fools out! how's the lil munky?

Little guy is  doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. I bought him his very first comic books yesterday (he is in kindergarten, but he did pretty well sounding out the words) and he is HOOKED, but he us still kind of shaken up and needing a lot of affection and reassurance. His dad isn't much better, with his panic attacks off and on all day yesterday, but they are going to be ok.

-Robert Burns

earth_dragon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:25 am »

Oh my goodness! Please let your roommate and his son know they are in my thoughts and prayers. And while I'm at it, prayers for swift justice to those that robbed them and caused them such harm!   :mad:

Prayers and warm thoughts for you as well, sweetie!

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 04:57:11 pm »
Quote from: earth_dragon;54030
Oh my goodness! Please let your roommate and his son know they are in my thoughts and prayers. And while I'm at it, prayers for swift justice to those that robbed them and caused them such harm!   :mad:

Prayers and warm thoughts for you as well, sweetie!

The guy who robbed the roommate got his phone. Zeke had his address and his work number in it. The guy called today threatening to kill "you, your kid, and that fat bitch that lives with  you." Zeke is with the cops now. I'm packing and running. Pray.

-Robert Burns

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 04:58:03 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;54569
The guy who robbed the roommate got his phone. Zeke had his address and his work number in it. The guy called today threatening to kill "you, your kid, and that fat bitch that lives with  you." Zeke is with the cops now. I'm packing and running. Pray.

Prayers shall be sent!  Both for safety and that this douche is caught!
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Starglade

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 05:00:19 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;54569

Holy CRAP!

You're ALL in my thoughts. Do everything you can to keep safe.
"The Eightfold Path is sometimes called the pathless path. Each step brings a growing awareness that enlightenment is in the here and now--in the world and in our relationships as we read these words . . . now." -- Jonathan White
http://grammargeddon.com

Tags: