Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Prayers for having the strength to seek refuge (for a friend of a friend)  (Read 1218 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
This is for a friend of a friend who's in an unhealthy relationship, possibly somewhat psychologically abusive.

It seems she has recognised the unhealthiness of the situation and she's speaking about getting out & going to a refuge, at last.

Prayers/well wishes for her to have the strength to go through with it would be welcomed by my friend and me (and, I'm sure, by the subject - she doesn't specifically know I'm posting this here, but she has asked for this type of help from me and I believe it'll be more effective by far if some of you can lend your aid, too).

Many thanks.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Klaw

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Norse Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
This is for a friend of a friend who's in an unhealthy relationship, possibly somewhat psychologically abusive.

Having been there myself I can give this advice. The best thing you can do is build this person up. These early stages are really hard. Look for a really positive group of supportive people or a really good support group. Without the confidence and positive support the chances aren't real good. It can take years to get back in a positive direction.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Having been there myself I can give this advice. The best thing you can do is build this person up. These early stages are really hard. Look for a really positive group of supportive people or a really good support group. Without the confidence and positive support the chances aren't real good. It can take years to get back in a positive direction.

Thanks for posting.  I've been there myself too.  Sorry about your no doubt tough experiences (I'm sure you've, hopefully, come to realise that it's no-one's fault but the perpetrator's).

This person's just a friend of a friend at present, so I'm not really in a position to help build them up, not yet.  I feel sure we'll be friends once we get chance to get to know one another eventually, but at present I'm just hearing about the situation through our mutual friend.

The person may be staying local to me next week, hopefully, and I plan to call in to see how they're doing and offer an ear to listen, if desired.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Tags: