collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Prayers for a possible big move  (Read 947 times)

Kath

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Apr 2015
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Prayers for a possible big move
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:11:28 pm »
lit candle imageSo I currently live with my parents, and I am going to at least for the near future because of mental health issues I am facing. That is not what this prayer request is for, however.

My father runs the risk of losing his job. He is the sole supporter of my mother and I, and he is faced with two options. First option, he finds a new job. He has already put out applications, but has so far heard nothing back. His second option is to move our family to Missouri (half-way across the country), follow his company which moved there, and retain his current position/benefits.

Such a HUGE move honestly scares me. I'm terrified of change, and I have lived in Washington (in the same town) my entire life. On the other hand, such a move would be an adventure, a fresh start, and possibly a good thing. Maybe.

Another confession, moving to the Bible belt scares me as a Lesbian pagan. I don't know what I would find there for me. I couldn't leave my family, not now at any rate. I just have a lot of anxiety over what adjusting there would be like. Then again, I am just looking into the unknown guessing at what obstacles I would face.

Anyway, I am requesting prayers for family's path. That whatever happens - whether my dad gets another job here or we move to Missouri - that it's what is best for all of us. That we find happiness wherever the future takes us. Thank you!
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something,
if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Lana288

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Apr 2014
  • *
  • Posts: 255
  • Country: 00
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:07:59 am »
Quote from: Kath;174236
lit candle imageSo I currently live with my parents, and I am going to at least for the near future because of mental health issues I am facing. That is not what this prayer request is for, however.

My father runs the risk of losing his job. He is the sole supporter of my mother and I, and he is faced with two options. First option, he finds a new job. He has already put out applications, but has so far heard nothing back. His second option is to move our family to Missouri (half-way across the country), follow his company which moved there, and retain his current position/benefits.

Such a HUGE move honestly scares me. I'm terrified of change, and I have lived in Washington (in the same town) my entire life. On the other hand, such a move would be an adventure, a fresh start, and possibly a good thing. Maybe.

Another confession, moving to the Bible belt scares me as a Lesbian pagan. I don't know what I would find there for me. I couldn't leave my family, not now at any rate. I just have a lot of anxiety over what adjusting there would be like. Then again, I am just looking into the unknown guessing at what obstacles I would face.

Anyway, I am requesting prayers for family's path. That whatever happens - whether my dad gets another job here or we move to Missouri - that it's what is best for all of us. That we find happiness wherever the future takes us. Thank you!

I'll send a prayer to Saule for you. I hope that whatever happens, you and your family end up thriving.

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:08:20 am by Lana288 »

Kath

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Apr 2015
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 02:10:57 am »
Quote from: Ian288;174243
I'll send a prayer to Saule for you. I hope that whatever happens, you and your family end up thriving.

Best of luck!

 
Thank you very much!
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something,
if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”

- J.R.R. Tolkien

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10207
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:04:53 am »
Quote from: Kath;174236
lit candle image
Such a HUGE move honestly scares me. I'm terrified of change, and I have lived in Washington (in the same town) my entire life. On the other hand, such a move would be an adventure, a fresh start, and possibly a good thing. Maybe.

Prayers for you and your family.

Quote
Another confession, moving to the Bible belt scares me as a Lesbian pagan. I don't know what I would find there for me. I couldn't leave my family, not now at any rate. I just have a lot of anxiety over what adjusting there would be like. Then again, I am just looking into the unknown guessing at what obstacles I would face.
If you are moving to a rural area, this might be a big issue. In a city like St. Loius it would probably be a much smaller issue. In cities, the Bible Belt mainly manifests as lots of churches per capita and more talk about church than is common elsewhere. In my experience, at least
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:05:49 am by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Laveth

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 885
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:35:23 pm »
Quote from: Kath;174236

Anyway, I am requesting prayers for family's path. That whatever happens - whether my dad gets another job here or we move to Missouri - that it's what is best for all of us. That we find happiness wherever the future takes us. Thank you![/candle]

 
I'm hoping that you all pass through this with as little anxiety and hurdles possible. At least even if you move, your family will remain the same. :)

Kath

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Apr 2015
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 04:21:00 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;174246
Prayers for you and your family.

If you are moving to a rural area, this might be a big issue. In a city like St. Loius it would probably be a much smaller issue. In cities, the Bible Belt mainly manifests as lots of churches per capita and more talk about church than is common elsewhere. In my experience, at least

 
Thank you! Luckily if we moved it would be to a suburb 20 min outside of St. Louis, in St. Louis county. So, not completely rural. But yeah, I've never even been to the mid-west at all, been on the west coast all my life. So there will probably be a bit of culture shock... but hopefully not so much that I feel alien.
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something,
if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Kath

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Apr 2015
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 04:21:46 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;174259
I'm hoping that you all pass through this with as little anxiety and hurdles possible. At least even if you move, your family will remain the same. :)

 
Thank you very much! :)
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something,
if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Kath

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Apr 2015
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »
Quote from: Kath;174264
Thank you very much! :)

 

lit candle imageSituation Update!

So it looks like there is a really good chance we will not be moving. It appears all of the company moving packages have been used up, and although my father still has an application in for a job in Missouri, the chances are slim to none.

Which means we will be staying here. This news fills me with relief, but at the same time I have a lot of leftover anxiety from the ordeal.

My father still needs a new job, and has about 5 applications sent out in this area. So if you couple please continue praying for my family I would truly appreciate it. My dad needs a job before September, and I am praying for a secure one. Thank you!
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something,
if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”

- J.R.R. Tolkien

ailyah

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: May 2015
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
    • https://circleoftheoldreligion.org/
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 09:44:51 pm »
Quote from: Kath;174880
lit candle imageSituation Update!

So it looks like there is a really good chance we will not be moving. It appears all of the company moving packages have been used up, and although my father still has an application in for a job in Missouri, the chances are slim to none.

Which means we will be staying here. This news fills me with relief, but at the same time I have a lot of leftover anxiety from the ordeal.

My father still needs a new job, and has about 5 applications sent out in this area. So if you couple please continue praying for my family I would truly appreciate it. My dad needs a job before September, and I am praying for a secure one. Thank you!

 
I have done what I can, your father need only continue applying for jobs at this stage and he will receive a response soon.

~Lady Ailyah
High Priestess of the coven Circle of the Old Religion

~Blessed Be~

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
1744 Views
Last post July 15, 2011, 12:14:07 pm
by Finn
46 Replies
2923 Views
Last post June 01, 2013, 09:50:14 pm
by Forsythiae
5 Replies
1786 Views
Last post January 14, 2015, 06:41:57 pm
by habbalah
9 Replies
1450 Views
Last post January 30, 2015, 08:25:01 pm
by Redfaery
0 Replies
472 Views
Last post September 05, 2019, 07:03:45 pm
by Dragonoake

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall