collapse

Author Topic: Need some forward movement  (Read 1314 times)

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Need some forward movement
« on: November 24, 2017, 11:54:18 am »
So I'm asking for a little extra help and energy to resolve an issue we're having. First, backstory:

My husband is a podiatrist, and he currently works for a practice owned by another doc (Dr. B) who is nearing retirement. They got an offer a few months ago for Dr. B to sell his practice to a large podiatry group in the area. The Dr. who runs this group wants to hire my husband to continue working his practice same as he had under Dr. B. This buyout would allow my husband to continue doing what he has been doing, but at higher pay and with more benefits due to the additional resources the group practice can offer.

The problem is that Dr. B still has not signed the contract to sell the practice. Four times he has met with the doctor who owns the group practice, and four times he has quibbled over some small detail that Dr. B has suddenly changed his mind on. Each time he does this they have to go back to the lawyers and draw up a new contract. The buyout was supposed to take effect January 1st and we're now nearly in December with no contract. My husband cannot be hired onto this group until the practice is actually sold to the group, so right now we're in limbo and facing the prospect of Jan. 1 hitting and us having no income and no health insurance.

We need some forward movement on this contract. I've been putting energy out there for a swift and fair resolution that benefits all parties, but any additional help is always appreciated.

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: N/A
Re: Need some forward movement
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:42:41 pm »
So I'm asking for a little extra help and energy to resolve an issue we're having. First, backstory:

My husband is a podiatrist, and he currently works for a practice owned by another doc (Dr. B) who is nearing retirement. They got an offer a few months ago for Dr. B to sell his practice to a large podiatry group in the area. The Dr. who runs this group wants to hire my husband to continue working his practice same as he had under Dr. B. This buyout would allow my husband to continue doing what he has been doing, but at higher pay and with more benefits due to the additional resources the group practice can offer.

The problem is that Dr. B still has not signed the contract to sell the practice. Four times he has met with the doctor who owns the group practice, and four times he has quibbled over some small detail that Dr. B has suddenly changed his mind on. Each time he does this they have to go back to the lawyers and draw up a new contract. The buyout was supposed to take effect January 1st and we're now nearly in December with no contract. My husband cannot be hired onto this group until the practice is actually sold to the group, so right now we're in limbo and facing the prospect of Jan. 1 hitting and us having no income and no health insurance.

We need some forward movement on this contract. I've been putting energy out there for a swift and fair resolution that benefits all parties, but any additional help is always appreciated.

Praying to my Goddess for resolution.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:41:21 pm »

<adds a push>

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:32:10 am »
Praying to my Goddess for resolution.

Hope he doesn't mind a gentle shove in the right direction instead of a push... ;)
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 07:45:18 am »

I wanted to thank everyone who put some energy out for me (whether you posted or not). Things did end up getting resolved and my husband is now with the new practice as of 2 days ago, although it was definitely a rough road. Usually Mercury retrogrades don't affect me much so I hadn't considered it a factor, but looking back in retrospect I can't think of any other reason for there to have been this much trouble getting things moving.

Things are definitely official though, even if the contract signing did involve parties faxing contracts back and forth (my husband's original contract had a mistake giving him only 3 vacation days, oops).

Tags: