collapse

Author Topic: My Mother is in Need of Some Positive Energy  (Read 1775 times)

Fagan_the_Pagan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
My Mother is in Need of Some Positive Energy
« on: December 26, 2011, 01:19:16 pm »
Hi everyone,

My mother has always been one to do many of the things around the house, and for the past several years has been working 4 days a week on top of that.  Since my Dad entered Involuntarily Retirement, Mom has been responsible for most of our money as well.  She hardly gets any sleep, because she worries about all the things that need to happen, and because all of our animals keep waking her up to bark, or fight, or just get up move somewhere, so "exhausted" is more or less her perpetual state of being.  Furthermore, with a change in management at work, it is looking like they are trying to edge out the older workers, so she's terrified of losing her job, and the by extension the house, and of everything falling apart.

She needs some positive energy to help her to relax, and to help her along.  My thanks in advance to all of you.
(/|\\)  Fire in the Head: My Blog on Matters Spiritual, Political, or otherwise important to me.
Bardistry Wandworks: My Etsy shop for wands, athames, and other pagan crafts.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: My Mother is in Need of Some Positive Energy
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 01:56:07 pm »
Quote from: Fagan_the_Pagan;36457
She needs some positive energy to help her to relax, and to help her along.  My thanks in advance to all of you.

(((Fagan's Mom)))  Well wishes and calming positive energy on its way.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »

:: positive thoughts for Fagan's mom::
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:51:39 pm by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Fagan_the_Pagan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:05:26 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;36461
(((Fagan's Mom)))  Well wishes and calming positive energy on its way.

Quote from: RandallS;36480
:: positive thoughts for Fagan's mom::

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it.
(/|\\)  Fire in the Head: My Blog on Matters Spiritual, Political, or otherwise important to me.

Wulffwynne

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:51:45 am »
Hi everyone,

and because all of our animals keep waking her up to bark, or fight, or just get up move somewhere

I can relate to this because my three cats keep me up.  I always feel a little embarrassed to admit that I keep them locked out of my bedroom, as most people like to sleep with their pets, or know how much their pets love sleeping with them so they feel bad kicking them out.  But if your pets keep you up all night long...

Maybe your mom should pick the quietest animal for bedtime cuddles and leave the others to their own nighty nights in another part of the house.  I'm a VERY light sleeper, and I have to use professional grade corded ear plugs PLUS a fan by my bed.  Things like this could help her drown out the noise and sleep better.

Many people I know (including me) are experiencing tough financial times and stress, so I feel for your family and send out positive feelings and energy your way :-)

Fagan_the_Pagan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 02:16:23 am »
Quote from: Wulffwynne;36546
I can relate to this because my three cats keep me up.  I always feel a little embarrassed to admit that I keep them locked out of my bedroom, as most people like to sleep with their pets, or know how much their pets love sleeping with them so they feel bad kicking them out.  But if your pets keep you up all night long...

Maybe your mom should pick the quietest animal for bedtime cuddles and leave the others to their own nighty nights in another part of the house.

We've suggested it to her. The issue with that seems to be that the animals are accustomed to sleeping with her now, so if she tries kicking them out, they make even more noise whining, crying, barking, and scratching at the door.  Although I now have another idea I might share with her.   Thank you for the post and the energy.

Wulffwynne

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 11:39:32 am »
Quote from: Fagan_the_Pagan;36548
they make even more noise whining, crying, barking, and scratching at the door.

One of my cats will howl outside the door... we have a hallway cutting our apartment in half and wedge a towel in the hallway door to keep him in the front part... I didn't like to do it at first, but he cuddles with the female cat, and I let the most docile one in the bed with me.  As long as the animal has a companion, they'll get used to it over time.

I quit working full time to go back and finish college two years ago and have been managing to survive on a part time pay check.  I've got some tips and tricks about how to get by on a budget, drop me a PM if you want me to share :-)

Tags: