Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Just need positive energy right now. Feeling very worn down.  (Read 2283 times)

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Just need positive energy right now. Feeling very worn down.
« on: October 11, 2014, 11:22:17 am »
So, I've had...some difficulties lately. I've had a death in the family, difficulties getting my accommodations set up for my midterm exam, a blown out tire that left me carless for a week, a raging allergic reaction on my skin from just having to wash my hair, and the sudden onset of symptoms that seem to indicate some sort of sensitivity to gluten. (Every time I eat bread or pasta, I become violently ill).

On top of all this, I continue to have troubles getting the help I need from the Dharma Center, and I'm beginning to suspect that they simply can't help me where I am right now. I have asked about taking Refuge, and my question was simply blown off, as the nun didn't even question me regarding this, but simply urged me to come to the center and take their classes, because I had never been before. I have the strong suspicion that she wasn't taking me in the least bit seriously.

So...I am feeling very low about everything. I feel down about myself, of no use to others, and frustrated in general. Any positive energy would be appreciated. Or, you know. Just some pep talks.

Thanks guys.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sisu

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Just need positive energy right now. Feeling very worn down.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 11:34:00 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;161913
So, I've had...some difficulties lately. I've had a death in the family, difficulties getting my accommodations set up for my midterm exam, a blown out tire that left me carless for a week, a raging allergic reaction on my skin from just having to wash my hair, and the sudden onset of symptoms that seem to indicate some sort of sensitivity to gluten. (Every time I eat bread or pasta, I become violently ill).

On top of all this, I continue to have troubles getting the help I need from the Dharma Center, and I'm beginning to suspect that they simply can't help me where I am right now. I have asked about taking Refuge, and my question was simply blown off, as the nun didn't even question me regarding this, but simply urged me to come to the center and take their classes, because I had never been before. I have the strong suspicion that she wasn't taking me in the least bit seriously.

So...I am feeling very low about everything. I feel down about myself, of no use to others, and frustrated in general. Any positive energy would be appreciated. Or, you know. Just some pep talks.

Thanks guys.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. That's a lot to deal with at once and it must be really frustrating that the nun is not taking you seriously. Maybe they get a lot of inquiries from people who haven't done much research or spiritual preparation and who don't really take dedicating oneself seriously so maybe she just doesn't understand yet that you're not one of those people. Maybe when you show up in person and explain your situation, they'll be more open to giving you what you need.

I can light a candle for you tonight and send positive energy if you want.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 01:26:47 pm »

(((Redfaery)))  Candle lit for you.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jainarayan

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 02:04:56 pm »

Thanks guys.

Metta coming your way.  :lub: Have you contacted Medicine Buddha, recited his mantra? I'll ask Ganesha to remove your obstacles, and ask Eir, the Asgardian healer and Dhanvantari, Vishnu's physician form to intervene when I make offerings. I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 03:18:29 pm »
Quote from: Jainarayan;161924
Metta coming your way.  :lub: Have you contacted Medicine Buddha, recited his mantra? I'll ask Ganesha to remove your obstacles, and ask Eir, the Asgardian healer and Dhanvantari, Vishnu's physician form to intervene when I make offerings. I'm sure they'll be happy to help.
Sarasvati says Ganesha is a good idea. Thank you so much.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Jainarayan

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 04:06:19 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;161930

You got it! :)

Lord Ganesha, who is brightly garbed,
with a moon-like complexion and
four arms, upon that ever-smiling
and pleasant face, I meditate and ask
that you remove all obstacles.
om sri ganeshaya namaha

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 04:12:10 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;161930
I will ask Ganesha too; you can never have too much Ganesha in your life!

I agree with the poster above that the temple probably just wants to get a better sense of you. Hopefully you'll find the spiritual support you're looking for there.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 11:41:25 am »

Thanks guys.

I just wanted to update y'all.

1. My grandmother seems to feel better about the death, and Kent's daughter (my second cousin), his wife (my second cousin once removed) and his mother in law (my great aunt, grandmommy's little sister and my own honorary fourth grandmother*) were not shocked by the death, and have dealt with it well.
2. I have my car back. There was no damage to the wheel or the axle or anything else serious as I had feared, and I went ahead and got it serviced while it was in the shop.
3. My mother tracked down a shampoo with only trace amounts of cocamides and no mineral oil, and my rash seems to be subsiding.
4. Giving up bread and pasta is easy, because I don't really like either of them all that much. (It's just...macaroni! And waffles! I will miss those!)
5. I feel great about my Buddhist practice, and I plan on calling the center again and asking for a face-to-face meeting with a Sangha member. Until then, I'm going to see if I can get to some of their classes.

* honorary fourth, because I have two honorary grandmothers, one on each side of the family.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:42:11 am by Redfaery »

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 12:07:58 pm »

Thanks guys.

I'll send you all I can, dear.
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 10:08:23 am »

Thanks guys.

More positive energy coming your way!

Tags: