collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Job Interview Tomorrow  (Read 2692 times)

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Job Interview Tomorrow
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:05:10 pm »
I've got a big interview tomorrow and would appreciate any prayers etc. you could send my way.  This job is one I could work the rest of my career a,t and make great money doing something I like.

I've actually interviewed with the company before but due to the fact that the position requires a top secret security clearance, they're very careful in their selection process and wanted to wait another year before attempting to get me a clearance.  

It's mostly this security clearance thing that determines if they'll hire me.  They already like me, but it's a lot of money for them to get the clearance with the government so they want to be absolutely sure I get it when they submit me for one.  

I have a clean record except for a bit of debt so hopefully that doesn't affect anything.  

Thanks!

JuniperMorgan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
Re: Job Interview Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:22:25 pm »
Quote from: Leg1onna1re;4867
I've got a big interview tomorrow and would appreciate any prayers etc. you could send my way.  This job is one I could work the rest of my career a,t and make great money doing something I like.

It's mostly this security clearance thing that determines if they'll hire me.  They already like me, but it's a lot of money for them to get the clearance with the government so they want to be absolutely sure I get it when they submit me for one.  

I have a clean record except for a bit of debt so hopefully that doesn't affect anything.  

Thanks!

Candles lit hon!  As for the clearance:  if you have something unusual like dual citizenship (or a spouse does) that can affect it, any affiliations with people in another country that could be seen as compromising your loyalties, how much debt you have - more importantly WHO OWNS your debt, the basics - no felonies, no criminal record etc.  My partner held a Top Secret in the military and now a Secret level clearance in the civilian government position she holds.  Good Luck!
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »
Quote from: JuniperMorgan;4876
Candles lit hon!  As for the clearance:  if you have something unusual like dual citizenship (or a spouse does) that can affect it, any affiliations with people in another country that could be seen as compromising your loyalties, how much debt you have - more importantly WHO OWNS your debt, the basics - no felonies, no criminal record etc.  My partner held a Top Secret in the military and now a Secret level clearance in the civilian government position she holds.  Good Luck!

Thank you!  

I don't have any relations with anyone from another country except for a friend from Canada who's legally here and working on his citizenship.  As far as debt goes, it's not much, just over 1000.  I did have a somewhat big debt to US bank but was able to pay that off years ago thankfully. The criminal background is squeaky clean.

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:52:24 pm »
Quote from: Leg1onna1re;4880
Thank you!  

I don't have any relations with anyone from another country except for a friend from Canada who's legally here and working on his citizenship.  As far as debt goes, it's not much, just over 1000.  I did have a somewhat big debt to US bank but was able to pay that off years ago thankfully. The criminal background is squeaky clean.

IIRC (I just had to do the ten year bg paperwork) you have to have a significant amount of *defaulted* debt to be discarded outright. I have student loans etc but nothing in default and I was cleared, IDK what level currently. When I was in the USAF/R I had Secret.  I also have family in the UK and Japan but neither was a real issue.

Monica Mc

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 12:42:31 am »

Fingers crossed for you.

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 01:41:24 am »

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:30:47 am by SunflowerP »
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 02:16:20 pm »
Quote from: Dark Midnight;5079
Good luck! I'll be thinking of you

The interview went great, and from what they said their security department has given me a pass!  I should find out next wee if I have the job for sure.

Thank you to everyone for your support; it truly means so much to me!

JuniperMorgan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 03:12:00 pm »
Quote from: Leg1onna1re;5190
The interview went great, and from what they said their security department has given me a pass!  I should find out next wee if I have the job for sure.

Thank you to everyone for your support; it truly means so much to me!

That's wonderful news!  Will keep the candle lit until you hear for sure.
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 06:13:42 pm »
Quote from: Leg1onna1re;5190

::fingers crossed::
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 01:21:42 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;5241
::fingers crossed::

Just wanted to post an update on the job situation.  Looks like the original job didn't pan out this time, but I did get an offer from a computer repair place to work as a field tech so I came out of this week with a job!  I really wanted the security job but at least I've got a source of income now.  

Thank you again for all of your prayers and such :)

Monica Mc

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »
Quote from: Leg1onna1re;7407

Congrats
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:13:40 am by SunflowerP »

Tags: