Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Author Topic: It wasn't even a month . . .  (Read 5011 times)

Starglade

• Master Member
    • View Profile
It wasn't even a month . . .
« on: November 05, 2011, 12:08:03 pm »
My daughter is back in the psych ward. Different facility, a much more intensive program than before (this is the place we WANTED to put her in last time). In the wee hours of Friday morning she woke from a nightmare about her ex (she's addicted to/obsessed with him) and proceeded to cut her left wrist with a "safety blade" (ha ha ha--NOT) and write on her wall with her blood. NOT the thing a mom wants to find at 6am when going in to get her child up for school.

She spent the first hour or two repeating "I need him to tell me I can sleep" over and over and over. During the intake interview with the nursing staff she said "I might have wanted to kill myself at the start, but when the blood started coming out the voices got quieter so I didn't." This is the first she's mentioned any voices.

I'm scared shitless, people. I know she's in a good place, a safe place--but when she called me to say good morning a little while ago, she started to cry again because she didn't sleep well and had more dreams.

I have no idea how they'll deal with this. I'm just glad we were able to get her into their program. Average stay is 6 days. Part of me hopes she's there longer . . .

Whatever you can spare, we'll take. I'm running on fumes.
"The Eightfold Path is sometimes called the pathless path. Each step brings a growing awareness that enlightenment is in the here and now--in the world and in our relationships as we read these words . . . now." -- Jonathan White
http://grammargeddon.com

Stardancer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: It wasn't even a month . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:13:01 pm »
Quote from: Starglade;28989
My daughter is back in the psych ward.

{{Starglade and daughter}} I'm lighting a candle for you both. May you find peace and healing.
My (mainly) astrological blog
http://sidselh.livejournal.com/ Last update 25. oct \'11

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 12:20:45 pm »
I'm scared shitless, people. I know she's in a good place, a safe place--but when she called me to say good morning a little while ago, she started to cry again because she didn't sleep well and had more dreams.

(((Starglade, Daughter, and family)))  I'll light a candle for her as soon as I'm done typing this.  Hang in there and try to take some comfort in the fact that she is getting help.  You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
It wasn't even a month . . .
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:53:43 pm »

(((Starglade, daughter and family))).
You're all in my prayers and I'm sending as much energy as I can

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 01:20:44 pm »
My daughter is back in the psych ward. Different facility, a much more intensive program than before (this is the place we WANTED to put her in last time). In the wee hours of Friday morning she woke from a nightmare about her ex (she's addicted to/obsessed with him) and proceeded to cut her left wrist with a "safety blade" (ha ha ha--NOT) and write on her wall with her blood. NOT the thing a mom wants to find at 6am when going in to get her child up for school.

She spent the first hour or two repeating "I need him to tell me I can sleep" over and over and over. During the intake interview with the nursing staff she said "I might have wanted to kill myself at the start, but when the blood started coming out the voices got quieter so I didn't." This is the first she's mentioned any voices.

I have no idea how they'll deal with this. I'm just glad we were able to get her into their program. Average stay is 6 days. Part of me hopes she's there longer . . .

(((Starglade and daughter)))

Candle lit to Sekhmet on her behalf.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 01:24:02 pm »

Sending you some good energy and prayers.
[Now using the Cryfder account]

Arienwen

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 01:26:29 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;28999
(((Starglade and daughter)))

Candle lit to Sekhmet on her behalf.

((((Starglade and Starglade's daughter)))  I will definitely light a candle for her, and keep her in my thoughts.  I'm glad that she is in a good facility that can help her.
Spiritual Blog
Regular Blog Writing Blog
I\'m gonna survive, even if it kills me. :cool:

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 01:34:02 pm »

Oh gods.
*hugs*
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 02:14:44 pm »

Oh gods! I had no idea it was this bad.

(((Karen and daughter)))

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:32 pm »

Oh Karen. ((((Karen and daughter))))  Candle is lit.
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 03:22:11 pm »

[[[[[Karen]]]]] You, your daughter, your family and her doctors are in my prayers.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 03:24:21 pm »

Dear gods.  I hope they can help her.  (((((Karen)))))

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »

(((((Karen, daughter et all))))) I hope they can give her the help she needs. You're all in my prayers.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Lonstar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »
My daughter is back in the psych ward.

My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I'm not going to even try second guess what troubles her but obviously, there is some issue that she is attempting to deal with and crying out for help with. From personal experience, I would like to suggest (in my humble opinion) that you break her regular cycle. There could be a problem at school, at some club she takes part in, maybe her circle of friends aren't really her friends. Maybe she's being bullied, can't handle the breakup, misses somebody, is scared of the future, maybe her self confidence has been shattered. I don't know, but I do know of one friend who had a similar experience and once the child was given a break from regular routine and a faithful promise that the adult would do everything in their power to protect them, it was the start of a very slow turnaround. What seems small to adults can be earth shattering to teenagers and events that are small in a life time of events, take on a monstrous presence when we are teenagers.
Please don't think I'm lecturing, I just wanted to tell you of what worked for my friend. Against all advice and at his wits end, he gave the child permission to 'freewheel' it at school (i.e. removed the pressure of exams, kept him home for a week). After a lot of the parent re-iterating that the child was the most important thing and that whatever it took he (the parent) would do, the child mentioned an incident where he had been beat-up (not badly or anything)- which co-incided with the start of things going downhill. The parent thinks that while the incident itself wasn't bad in terms of injuries, it competely removed the sense of security the child had been accustomed to all his life (never been in a fight etc) and just didn't know how to handle the 'tag' of having been beat up etc.
I'll have you in my thoughts all night sending you everything I can - both you and your daughter.

Monica Mc

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 07:19:29 pm »

((((Stargade and Daughter)))) you'll both be in my prayers.

Tags: