collapse

Author Topic: I need positive energy for my poor cat  (Read 940 times)

Eleni

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
I need positive energy for my poor cat
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:22:34 pm »
I got home from work and popped into my bedroom to grab something. I was trying to get out quick to not wake the Mr. and didn't realize my cat had its tail in the door and shut it on it, taking off the tip. She won't come out of the bedroom and the vet hospital/emergency doesn't open until 8. I am freaking out and scared she'll be maimed for life, so please keep her in your thoughts and send spare good vibes to my poor girl :( thanks all.

victoreia

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: Honolulu, HI
  • Posts: 858
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:36:46 am »
Quote from: Eleni;116460
I got home from work and popped into my bedroom to grab something. I was trying to get out quick to not wake the Mr. and didn't realize my cat had its tail in the door and shut it on it, taking off the tip. She won't come out of the bedroom and the vet hospital/emergency doesn't open until 8. I am freaking out and scared she'll be maimed for life, so please keep her in your thoughts and send spare good vibes to my poor girl :( thanks all.

{{{{{Eleni & kitty}}}}
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Fier

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 07:34:33 am »
Quote from: Eleni;116460
I got home from work and popped into my bedroom to grab something. I was trying to get out quick to not wake the Mr. and didn't realize my cat had its tail in the door and shut it on it, taking off the tip. She won't come out of the bedroom and the vet hospital/emergency doesn't open until 8. I am freaking out and scared she'll be maimed for life, so please keep her in your thoughts and send spare good vibes to my poor girl :( thanks all.

 
Poor kitty!

When I was in elementary school the same thing happened to a friend's cat. He ended up being fine, although with a shorter tail.

RandallS

  • Administrator
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10126
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:59:22 am »
Quote from: Eleni;116460
I got home from work and popped into my bedroom to grab something. I was trying to get out quick to not wake the Mr. and didn't realize my cat had its tail in the door and shut it on it, taking off the tip.

[[[[Eleni and cat]]]] I suspect she'll be okay, just have a shorter tail than she used to.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Eleni

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:31:06 am »
Quote from: victoreia;116467
{{{{{Eleni & kitty}}}}

 
Quote from: FierFlye;116475
Poor kitty!

When I was in elementary school the same thing happened to a friend's cat. He ended up being fine, although with a shorter tail.

 
Quote from: RandallS;116477
[[[[Eleni and cat]]]] I suspect she'll be okay, just have a shorter tail than she used to.


Thank you all for the positive thoughts. Took her to the vet this morning and it's pretty bad but she will be fine once they amputate part of her tail. She'll be in surgery soon.

RandallS

  • Administrator
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10126
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 10:09:53 pm »
Quote from: Eleni;116492
Took her to the vet this morning and it's pretty bad but she will be fine once they amputate part of her tail. She'll be in surgery soon.

Fingers crossed that she comes through and has a quick recovery.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

PhantomQueen

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 201
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;116559
Fingers crossed that she comes through and has a quick recovery.

 
Hoping the darling is doing alright now!  Been thinking of her and sending thoughts her way.

Eleni

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 12:11:44 am »
Quote from: PhantomQueen;116693
Hoping the darling is doing alright now!  Been thinking of her and sending thoughts her way.

 
You're all wonderful!

They took an inch off her tail, stitched her up and bandaged her and sent us home with pain meds and antibiotics to administer.. she won't eat people food or wet food so that's a challenge! I have her in our spare room with some soft pillows, food and water, and a litterbox so she can recover in peace and quiet (my beagle is too rambunctious and her balance is wonky). She's been very lovey to my husband and I, but has also been growling and getting some fight in her, which is a good sign. We take her to the vet to have her bandage removed in 9 days, then the sutures out a few days later. Just trying to keep her comfortable now!

Nyktipolos

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1498
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 12:44:01 am »
Quote from: Eleni;116710
You're all wonderful!

They took an inch off her tail, stitched her up and bandaged her and sent us home with pain meds and antibiotics to administer.. she won't eat people food or wet food so that's a challenge! I have her in our spare room with some soft pillows, food and water, and a litterbox so she can recover in peace and quiet (my beagle is too rambunctious and her balance is wonky). She's been very lovey to my husband and I, but has also been growling and getting some fight in her, which is a good sign. We take her to the vet to have her bandage removed in 9 days, then the sutures out a few days later. Just trying to keep her comfortable now!

 
Yay! I'm glad everything went okay.

Did they suggest alternatives if she doesn't eat people food (what does she not like) or wet food?
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Eleni

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 01:12:26 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;116716
Yay! I'm glad everything went okay.

Did they suggest alternatives if she doesn't eat people food (what does she not like) or wet food?

 
We've tried everything and she just doesn't eat anything but her dry kibbles. She may lap a few licks of juice but thats all.

They said that many times the cone(around the neck) makes eating harder so cats especially will be hungrier than usual, and to try a pill pocket.. didn't work so I just held her down and popped it in, closed her mouth and rubbed her throat. It was only for today and tomorrow for the pill. For the other meds they are liquid so I try to hit her with the narcotic first and give it a few minutes, once she's acting like a drunk kitty I get her with the antibiotic liquid and she's too loopy to fight much.

I did a month long IV routine with a previous kitty for kidney failure so the vets know even if my pet is being a shit I have enough experience to make sure they get their medicine, like it or not, ha. I wish it was as easy as it is for my dog, who thinks medications are uber special treats.

There is an herbal calming paste thing my cat loved that we used when moving that I'll try to mask the pill with tomorrow!

Laveth

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 885
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 01:38:53 am »
Quote from: Eleni;116729
didn't work so I just held her down and popped it in, closed her mouth and rubbed her throat.

 
That's pretty much what its come down to with all my cats too. Stubborn things those kitties are when it comes to pills....

If it's ever a long-term regimen, they usually learn to not fight so much after a few days. :p

Eleni

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 01:41:31 am »
Quote from: Laveth;116739
That's pretty much what its come down to with all my cats too. Stubborn things those kitties are when it comes to pills....

If it's ever a long-term regimen, they usually learn to not fight so much after a few days. :p

 
I wonder at this point why any medications come in pill form for cats!

Fier

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 09:43:19 am »
Quote from: Eleni;116741
I wonder at this point why any medications come in pill form for cats!

 
Seriously! I feel your pain. Luckily I have always been able to get the liquid form of meds for my cat when he needed them. Trying to pill a cat is a pain!

Nyktipolos

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1498
    • View Profile
Re: I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 12:02:19 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;116766
Seriously! I feel your pain. Luckily I have always been able to get the liquid form of meds for my cat when he needed them. Trying to pill a cat is a pain!

 
Yeah same. I actually had to switch to a liquid form of a medication (and now I know for the future) when my cat needed it, and while it isn't their policy the vet's office was very nice in "exchanging" the medication because he simply wouldn't take it. I even had my mom helping me (and she was able to pill him before), but this time he was just not taking it no matter what.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

victoreia

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: Honolulu, HI
  • Posts: 858
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
I need positive energy for my poor cat
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »
Quote from: Eleni;116741
I wonder at this point why any medications come in pill form for cats!

I feel your pain!

Luckily, our vet said we could crush Kyuri's glipacide (sp?) and mix it in some yogurt or milk. So he gets some half-n-half twice a day. His sister Ezri gets a bit jealous, of course......
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
1031 Views
Last post December 27, 2011, 11:39:32 am
by Wulffwynne
6 Replies
843 Views
Last post July 12, 2012, 04:37:22 pm
by SunflowerP
17 Replies
1146 Views
Last post June 17, 2013, 02:38:48 pm
by hecatesdaughter
0 Replies
421 Views
Last post April 23, 2013, 12:37:41 pm
by Kokopelli
9 Replies
929 Views
Last post October 14, 2014, 10:08:23 am
by Caffeinated Autumn

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall