collapse
2017 Donation Drive -- Please Help Keep TC Online

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise just over $850 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 16 October: Only $147 more (after Paypal fees) needed to reach our goal! Please donate if you can.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Going through a rough patch  (Read 207 times)

Ashmire

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
Going through a rough patch
« on: June 17, 2017, 02:16:51 pm »
I'm not sure if I am asking for anything, or just venting.  I feel  almost guilty for saying anything because things haven't hit rock bottom disaster yet, but I don't think I can handle anything else going wrong.

I've had a medical emergency recently that meant unpaid leave from work and a significant financial strain, as well as urgent lifestyle changes to prevent serious permanent harm to my health---I still have my job thank goodness but they are looking at me very askance now.

On top of this I've just agreed to have some car repairs done that are going to cost more than I'd planned, which means I am very likely to lose my health insurance at least for a time due to being unable to pay the premium, and I may have family mad at me for not having them do the repairs, which might possibly have been cheaper, except I needed it done NOW because the car was no longer reliably making my daily commute and I couldn't risk losing my job---as much as I would like to be working elsewhere in a different position, this is where I am stuck for now and there are worse employers for sure.

Vixen

• Journeyman
    Attack Member
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: Going through a rough patch
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 03:27:27 pm »
I'm not sure if I am asking for anything, or just venting.  I feel  almost guilty for saying anything because things haven't hit rock bottom disaster yet, but I don't think I can handle anything else going wrong.

Never feel guilty about asking for help. Everybody has to live their own life and some shoulders are stronger than others. It's no shame to lean on us if you need to. That's what we're here for.
Big hugs and I'll be sending energy your way.
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Ashmire

• Sr. Apprentice
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
Re: Going through a rough patch
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 12:23:04 am »
Never feel guilty about asking for help. Everybody has to live their own life and some shoulders are stronger than others. It's no shame to lean on us if you need to. That's what we're here for.
Big hugs and I'll be sending energy your way.

Thank you!  I'm feeling slightly better now that the car is back from the mechanic and I went to the gym for a couple of hours ( getting a start on what I have to do to keep myself out of the hospital and/or morgue). And had a glass of wine.

Tags: