"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: The Second Debate: Pussygate Galore!  (Read 7748 times)

Queen of Swords

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Second Debate: Pussygate Galore!
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2016, 12:27:20 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;197358
Likewise, with the stories we have of Hillary attacking the women behind the various we see a certain kind of person there too.  One comment I've seen describes her as a 'long term enabler of a serial sexual predator.'  That's pretty harsh, but if, as you say, multiple accusations really do have more weight, well... it's pretty damning.

I think her problem was more in acting as his campaign manager than as his wife, but I don't think she's without blame or guilt! IMO at best, Bill is a womanizer and Hillary an enabler. "At best" would if the rape accusations are not true. That is horribly grim!

I was a kid when Bill was in office and have no particular horse in that race. Hillary strikes me as a ruthless woman who will do anything to get what she wants. I think this is probably the case for most politicians, and I do not admire them.

The damnably funny thing is Trump's rabid fans really won't give a shit how horrid a person he is.  They'll make excuses for him or just outright ignore the truth.  And Hillary's fans try to ignore or talk right past her baggage as well.  Our hyper-partisanship makes us blind hypocrites.  And we really don't like it when someone tips over our sacred cows.

Hopefully I broke up the quotes correctly. I agree with this. Ultimately I vote for a platform, not a personality, but that doesn't make voting for gross people any less.. well, gross.

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft/Gaelic polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 01:15:31 am »
Well, there might be something to this.  If we can gather enough allegations that we get, as you say it, a 'picture of a certain kind of person', we get a portrait of Bill as a one-man war on women.  Likewise, with the stories we have of Hillary attacking the women behind the various we see a certain kind of person there too.  One comment I've seen describes her as a 'long term enabler of a serial sexual predator.'  That's pretty harsh, but if, as you say, multiple accusations really do have more weight, well... it's pretty damning.  

I actually can relate to this, I think the Clinton's are pretty gross, Hillary included. I don't think she is empowering. I think what gets lost in the Bill debate is the real problem is not his adultery, but rather he is a man in power accused of taking advantage of young girls and Hillary attacks them.

All that said, as far as who is worse for the country I'm going with Trump (IMHO). Partially because of what he represents for a lot of people, I think it will only further divide the country, and partially purely based on his ignorant policies (which Hillary isn't much better, but definitely better).
"Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people."

- W.B. Yeats

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 10:29:01 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;197321

Best thing I've seen so far on the "locker room" thing: http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2016/10/11/not-all-locker-rooms-but-yes-some-locker-rooms/

The comments are even pretty good as of this writing.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Skyth

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 12:15:51 pm »
Quote from: Queen of Swords;197355
By "the problem is" do you mean the problem with the election, my line of thinking, or something else?

Some people genuinely believe that by sticking by Bill, Hillary is just as bad as he is. I don't agree with that line of thinking personally. But it's true that other people are judging her based on unverified rumors and flat out lies.

I'm not sure that anyone actually cares about my line of thinking here, LOL, but I might as well clarify that I'm not talking about forming a "forever opinion." If, for example, all of Trump's accusers were revealed to frauds tomorrow I would have a slightly different opinion of him. Nor am I saying that anyone should agree with me, necessarily. I just disagree a little with MadZealot (I think) and that's okay!

I'm just saying that basing an opinion based on stories of them doing 'bad' things and because there are so many stories that keep on getting repeated assuming that the stories must be true and the person is actually bad is problematic when applied to Hillary because of all the fabrications and lies that have been going on about her for the last 25 years.  The whole principle of 'the Big Lie' that was used to great effect in Nazi Germany.  

With Trump, his present comments show that he still believes the stuff that he spouted off years ago from that recording and is rightfully being vilified for it.

Queen of Swords

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 02:11:48 pm »
Quote from: Skyth;197365
I'm just saying that basing an opinion based on stories of them doing 'bad' things and because there are so many stories that keep on getting repeated assuming that the stories must be true and the person is actually bad is problematic when applied to Hillary because of all the fabrications and lies that have been going on about her for the last 25 years.  The whole principle of 'the Big Lie' that was used to great effect in Nazi Germany.  

With Trump, his present comments show that he still believes the stuff that he spouted off years ago from that recording and is rightfully being vilified for it.

Thank you for the clarification, Skyth  :)

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 12:07:57 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;197361

Chris Kluwe weighs in on locker rooms.

http://www.vox.com/first-person/2016/10/10/13230346/donald-trump-locker-room-talk-chris-kluwe
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Tags: