Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Rand Paul’s Solution for Workplace Discrimination Against Gays? Stay in the Closet.  (Read 2926 times)

Newsposter

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://ecauldron.com/
I think the headline sums this up so well, I'd not going to give a snippet quote, just go read the article.
“We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -- John F. Kennedy

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Quote from: Newsposter;181220
I think the headline sums this up so well, I'd not going to give a snippet quote, just go read the article.

I uh, I can't say this is surprising, but it is more than a little annoying. The article sums up very well what I would have said.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: HarpingHawke;181247
I uh, I can't say this is surprising, but it is more than a little annoying. The article sums up very well what I would have said.

I don't get the his attitude, but then I've never got the opposition to gay marriage, let alone to gays in general. How is person X being gay supposed to negatively effect me so much that I would bother to be opposed?  I'm not a big fan of people who dye their hair weird colors, but people dying their hair weird colors doesn't negatively effect anything but my opinion so why on Earth would I make a fuss about it, let alone want to be able to discriminate against people with weird hair dyes? I just don't understand the desire to "punish" people for being different than me.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Lovely.

With any luck, not only will his presidential hopes continue to tank, but he'll lose his senate seat as well.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

just go read the article.

That's a very well reasoned and written dissection from Slate writer Mark Joseph Stern.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Quote from: RandallS;181251
I just don't understand the desire to "punish" people for being different than me.

Some people have an irrational need to control everything around them. When something is outside one's control, one tends to get scared and scrambles to get it back under control. Punishment is usually the quickest way to do so.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

sailor

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: RandallS;181251
but people dying their hair weird colors doesn't negatively effect anything

You're not an engineer on a ship.  People with hair dye tend to make our job more time consuming. we have to more closely regulate the bromine level so that it still kills the bugs, but not so much that it turns their hair green.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: sailor;181290
You're not an engineer on a ship.  People with hair dye tend to make our job more time consuming. we have to more closely regulate the bromine level so that it still kills the bugs, but not so much that it turns their hair green.

::snort:: I can see how that would make your job harder.  I imagine this would be really critical on a passenger liner too. Having passengers' hair turn green would not help attract passengers.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

sailor

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: RandallS;181293
::snort:: I can see how that would make your job harder.  I imagine this would be really critical on a passenger liner too. Having passengers' hair turn green would not help attract passengers.

Although we did have on mate who was a real b****.  Our 2nd engineer, she got back at the mate by upping the chemical level, knowing that the dye she used in her hair wasn't going to affected by just a bit more chemical.

Tags: