Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Oh good grief England  (Read 3495 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Oh good grief England
« on: December 13, 2019, 07:15:55 pm »
It is just dawning on me that, at this point, my country actually voted for BoJo the Clown as our PM - we no longer have an excuse...  :-[
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Oh good grief England
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:27:25 pm »
It is just dawning on me that, at this point, my country actually voted for BoJo the Clown as our PM - we no longer have an excuse...  :-[

This is superficial, but I can't get over his hairdo/posture and how it makes him look like a kindergartner that's been green-screened into an adult setting. Does he do that on purpose?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 03:46:25 am »

I know.
Frankly I think its fear more than anything - everyone got so angry and scared they didn't even think.

I've spent ages reading comments as stupid as 'This person is a commie' 'that person has no right to have an opinion because ( they're a farmer and live the easy life off of EU benefits/ they're actors and don't live in the real world )' 'This is fake news/ or the commentor is a robot'. And that was from people voting for all sides..

I imagine not 1 in 10 voted based on any facts or open views.

Good news - the country will survive and Boris will eventually leave.. Bad news - people missed a chance to realise how much power they really have in directing a country ( everyone still believes Boris and Brexit it will fix all their problems for them )

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 09:04:23 am »

I fall on my knees in metaphorical gratitude that the Tories won such a smashing victory. Raggedy old Jezza is a Jew-hating radical and a Corbyn premiership would have been nightmarish to observe. + at least you guys have a functioning government again! Admittedly tho I liked Labour’s plans for nationalising industry but that looked like the only thing they had going for them.

Also pleased with the SNP’s sweep of the polls; I was extremely disappointed when IndyRef went pear-shaped and I agree with the FM that there’s now a popular mandate for IndyRef2. The fact that that has occurred alongside the electoral domination of a staunchly anti-referendum party... we’ll see how Boris reacts.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 09:50:21 am »
This is superficial, but I can't get over his hairdo/posture and how it makes him look like a kindergartner that's been green-screened into an adult setting. Does he do that on purpose?

Ha!  I know, right?  There's various theories...
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 09:52:54 am »

My only consolation is that you guys over in the US beat us to it back in 2017!
(From the Metta Sutta)

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 12:35:30 pm »

Yes.  The hair at least.  He has been spotted deliberately fucking up his hair before going out where reporters etc. will see him.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 04:16:33 am »
Raggedy old Jezza is a Jew-hating radical and a Corbyn premiership would have been nightmarish to observe. + at least you guys have a functioning government again!

Oh, there is that, although Boris ( from similar sources and his own words ) may be a Muslim hater who ( from his dads words ) thinks the voting public are illiterate morons.
The problem is all that is perspective, mud slinging and a bunch of other things which may or may not be true and there are certainly things in place to prevent too much power that way.

The bigger issue I had was that no one knows exactly what we will and wont get from Brexit and now we wont get to know until AFTER we have it. Also all Boris's spending plans are based on the money we may or may not save after Brexit. So Boris can just say I didn't break my pledge for all those hospitals, it's the EUs fault because they didn't give us the money...

Tags: