collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 25 November 2020: $636 donated. Only $74 more needed! Thank you, donors!

Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day

* Recent Posts

Re: Recently Blogged by Kylara
[Today at 01:34:16 pm]

Re: Positive Generation by Kylara
[Today at 12:32:20 pm]

Re: Positive Generation by Anon100
[Today at 12:12:42 pm]

Re: Positive Generation by Anon100
[Today at 12:10:58 pm]

Re: Positive Generation by sevensons
[Today at 05:17:18 am]

Author Topic: Do you think Gary Johnson can do it? Do you even know who he is?  (Read 1924 times)

sailor

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think Gary Johnson can do it? Do you even know who he is?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 08:33:04 am »
Quote from: mandrina;69741

happy note:  I've got a job, prn, only 2 days a week, but it's foot in the door with a good comapny and should a full time or part time job come open, I've got a better chance of getting it,.

Congrats.

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »
Quote from: ToddGrove;68272

I think Gary has a chance if he can get into the debates, if he can get that 15%. If people vote based on what they believe in and not by party, he surely will win. We shall see right? ;)

I feel as though I've shirked my duties by not seeing this till now.  Do I think he can do it?  Technically, yes.  It's a miniscule chance, but it's there.  Do I think it probable? No.

I suspect that a lot of the statistical evidence for a mostly Republican draw stems from Democrats not having looked elsewhere.  The Republicans, it seemed, were actively looking for an alternate to Romney.  This made them more likely to find Johnson.  Democrats knew who their person would be, so they didn't go looking.  If they let him into the debates I suspect the imbalance will even out.
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Bitter Clinger. Sith Lord.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 01:06:52 am »
Quote from: drekfletch;74141
The Republicans, it seemed, were actively looking for an alternate to Romney.  This made them more likely to find Johnson.  Democrats knew who their person would be, so they didn't go looking.  If they let him into the debates I suspect the imbalance will even out.

As a recovering Republican I'm always looking for an alternative to their boy.  They haven't put up a decent candidate since... well... since...
I'd LOVE to see Johnson get in there and best Romney in a debate.
Oh, is it time again to say "Fuck Trump gently in the ear with a swarm of pissed-off hornets?"?

Okay. Fuck Trump gently in the ear with a swarm of pissed-off hornets.

Tags: