collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: How Do You View Death?  (Read 6531 times)

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Re: How Do You View Death?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 03:58:48 pm »
Quote from: Fausta;108838
In the "Gods, Goddesses and Mythology" section I asked this very same question.  Now, I'm asking the same question without the deities in it.

So, what is Death - or death - to you?

To me it is merely another state of being. The end to life of fulfilling my duty. A rough but necessary part of reality.
https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 07:26:29 pm »
Quote from: Ocelot;115827

On the other hand, heart tells me that there has to be something more. I've seen evidence of "ghosts" or "spirits" for lack of a better term. Personal experience, not TV documentary evidence, and I haven't found a way to reconcile that with what my head tells me.

Ray

Ocelot,

I know what you mean.  Honestly, when it comes to my myths and my spiritual beliefs, I tend to relate to this as my personal experience.  I don't pretend my beliefs or experiences are true scientifically as they are beyond the realm of science to explore in the first place.  What can science tell us about a personal experience of a guiding spirit?  What can science say if more than one person has seen this spirit?

The thing is, these are natural human experiences.  They are personal and subjective and cannot be verified outside of the persons who undergo that experience.

There need not be a conflict between spirituality, including our own spiritual experiences, and science.  I don't personally believe that science will ever even be able to explain consciousness itself.

So I wouldn't worry about trying to verify your personal spiritual experiences by external standards.  It has much more meaning without struggling to fit it into a box.  It is a mystery we cannot explain.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Wildwood

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:27 pm »
Quote from: Materialist;108927
End of the individual is my view as well, evidence suggests nothing else ... My atoms will be liberated to spread throughout the universe and seed new stars and planets for the rest of eternity. Not a bad deal.

I see death in the same way.
"All life starts with death, all death starts with life" - Skinny Puppy

Kairos

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 01:38:23 pm »
Quote from: Fausta;108838
Sio, what is Death - or death - to you?

I think that if death is good enough for some Gods, it's good enough for me. ;)

On a more serious note, I see death as the end of this life and the start of the next. I don't believe in a "world" outside of this one. The sacred, the divine, and the Gods are all here. I won't go anywhere so I can't really come back, I'll just begin a new life.
Kairosophy - A Pagan\'s Musing on All Things Sacred and Spiritual.

Tags: