Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Do human beings have absolute, inalienable rights?  (Read 4529 times)

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
Re: Do human beings have absolute, inalienable rights?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 01:31:29 am »
Hanging this off Altair's post, but it's really sort of a parallel to OP's question.

Do human beings have absolute, inalienable rights?

I say yes, they do. Free will is an integral part of many religions, including the Abrahamic and Dharmic ones. I believe that free will comes from God, and that it entitles all people to believe whatever they want, and to say whatever they want, and to perform any action *that does impede the right of other people to do the same.*

Human societies, governments, and organizations do not have the authority to impinge upon free expression, at any time, for any reason, under and circumstance Laws should only regulate ACTIONS, not statements or beliefs, and even then only those actions which take away the freedom of other people should be punished, such as rape, murder, and slavery.

I am an unrepentant Liberal and Libertarian. I take the founding principles of the United States at their face value; ALL people have unalienable human rights to free speech, free press, free religion, and free assembly. All people also have the right to private property, and to control their own property and their own bodies.

Of course, I cannot PROVE that there are such things as universal, immutable, unalienable human rights, so I simply take it as a matter of conviction and faith, just like I cannot prove that there is a Godhead, or that there are demigods, or that there is an afterlife, or that any other aspect of my belief system is more than mere fiction.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

BRIGGS

• Sr. Newbie
  • Hail Odin, Hail the Aesir
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Asatru, Norse Paganism, Odinism
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 07:32:27 pm »
Hanging this off Altair's post, but it's really sort of a parallel to OP's question.

I believe so.
I am an alt-right Pagan!  Not looking for debates, I don't think my race is superior I just think that everyone should live with themselves alone.  However, the internet is a place for everyone of every creed.  I am into bodybuilding (GETTING MASSIVE GAINS EVERYDAY BRVH) and I love conlanging (Bee meen freend in ConWorkShop meen næm is Advark!)

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 07:51:28 pm »
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

arete

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 03:17:35 pm »

Yes, and, as soon as people understand this and accept it, life on earth will become heavenly.

Louisvillian

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Syncretic religio romana/Hellenised Romano-British religion
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 05:03:15 am »
I do not think so, no. That's not to say that the rights we have aren't important. They must be cherished and reaffirmed and fought for, actively and constantly.

Tags:

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 214
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal