collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 19 October 2020: $556 donated. Only $154 more needed! Thank you, donors!

Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day

* Recent Posts

Re: Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by entwife
[Today at 12:06:02 pm]

Re: Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by PerditaPickle
[Today at 07:15:27 am]

Re: Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by ehbowen
[Yesterday at 09:50:51 pm]

Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by entwife
[Yesterday at 03:14:20 pm]

Re: Developing and Nurturing a Positive Mindset by sevensons
[Yesterday at 03:49:29 am]

Author Topic: Developing and Nurturing a Positive Mindset  (Read 102 times)

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Developing and Nurturing a Positive Mindset
« on: October 17, 2020, 11:01:08 am »
Mods: Please move this if it needs to go somewhere else - I honestly was conflicted about where the heck to put this thread.
Since the Equinox, I've been doing more introspection on what I need to improve in myself, and how to do that. One thing that really came to surface was the fact that I was brought up by a family where we look at things in a negative light, judge people negatively, and gossip about said negative attributes. It has been something that I personally have struggled with for as long as I can remember, but my husband has really helped me identify when I do it, notably, after I go visit and spend time with my family (for the record: I live in NYC, and they live in Buffalo).

I know there are various exercises and books and resources to help with this, but I honestly feel at a lost as to where to even begin, or what is even considered actually helpful or useful in cultivating a positive mindset. I'd love to hear others' suggestions.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Developing and Nurturing a Positive Mindset
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 07:52:49 pm »
Mods: Please move this if it needs to go somewhere else - I honestly was conflicted about where the heck to put this thread.
Since the Equinox, I've been doing more introspection on what I need to improve in myself, and how to do that. One thing that really came to surface was the fact that I was brought up by a family where we look at things in a negative light, judge people negatively, and gossip about said negative attributes. It has been something that I personally have struggled with for as long as I can remember, but my husband has really helped me identify when I do it, notably, after I go visit and spend time with my family (for the record: I live in NYC, and they live in Buffalo).

I know there are various exercises and books and resources to help with this, but I honestly feel at a lost as to where to even begin, or what is even considered actually helpful or useful in cultivating a positive mindset. I'd love to hear others' suggestions.

Gretchen Rubin's recent books might be a place to start - she's got a good mix of "here's this thing with research behind it" and "here's a thing I tried", while understanding that people's brains work in different ways, and not just talking about the stuff that works for her.

(She's also got a good newsletter, and this post on 31 Important Things You Should Say ‘No’ to for a Happier Life (not by her) is still open in my tabs from her most recent one, and seems a possible place to start - it's got the list and then some starting resources for each topic. I have not read all of those, but many of the ones I know, I've found helpful.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

sevensons

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Developing and Nurturing a Positive Mindset
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:49:29 am »

helped me identify when I do it,

what is even considered actually helpful or useful in cultivating a positive mindset.
This is why Organisations hire an adviser.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Tags: