collapse
2019 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $650 (same as last year) to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 24 Aug 2019: $260 donated. Only $390 more needed to reach our minimum goal!

Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day

Author Topic: Elephant painting!  (Read 1200 times)

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Elephant painting!
« on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:02 pm »
Not a pet, but this is amazing and I just HAD to share it!

<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Wooden Star

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Elephant painting!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »
I can't watch the video right now but just wanted to say that one of the elephants at the zoo in my city (Calgary, Alberta) paints! You can buy paintings from her or prints, it's amazing!

SunflowerP

• Senior Staff
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Elephant painting!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:27 pm »
Quote from: Wooden Star;73368
I can't watch the video right now but just wanted to say that one of the elephants at the zoo in my city (Calgary, Alberta) paints! You can buy paintings from her or prints, it's amazing!

Very cool - I think I'll check into whether one can watch her in person, since I can't do video either (I think one of my Firefox add-ons broke my Flash, and I haven't had a round tuit to spare for seeing if I can fix it), and I'm right here anyway.

I've been particularly fond of elephants since I was a wee thing, when my mom took me to see the new baby elephant (also at the Calgary Zoo, but many, many years ago) and he "kissed" me.  Sniffed me, really, but he clearly found me interesting (me and all the other visitors, I'm sure, but at that age one sees it as personal), and to my maybe-five-year-old mind, of course elephants kiss with their trunks, because their trunks would get in the way of doing it with their mouths.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

iulla

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:47:01 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;10265

Oh that's too awesome.  It's amazing, the amount of dexterity and awareness that that elephant (probably most, if not all elephants) has.  

And the flower that it paints at the end... :D
dum spiro, spero

Lucus Antiquus:  my religious blog

Wooden Star

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:54:41 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;73412
Very cool - I think I'll check into whether one can watch her in person, since I can't do video either (I think one of my Firefox add-ons broke my Flash, and I haven't had a round tuit to spare for seeing if I can fix it), and I'm right here anyway.

I've been particularly fond of elephants since I was a wee thing, when my mom took me to see the new baby elephant (also at the Calgary Zoo, but many, many years ago) and he "kissed" me.  Sniffed me, really, but he clearly found me interesting (me and all the other visitors, I'm sure, but at that age one sees it as personal), and to my maybe-five-year-old mind, of course elephants kiss with their trunks, because their trunks would get in the way of doing it with their mouths.

Sunflower

My husband looked into getting me a custom painting done for our new home for our first anniversary in August and they said Kamala was no longer doing paintings, since the elephants are being moved over the next 5 years. That seems sort of strange to me though, so I'd def check it out and if you find out let me know!

ferretowner96

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Elephant painting!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;10265

That is amazing! The elephants are better painters than me! :p

Tags: