collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Elephant painting!  (Read 1302 times)

KittyVel

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 366
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Elephant painting!
« on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:02 pm »
Not a pet, but this is amazing and I just HAD to share it!

<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Wooden Star

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2012
  • Posts: 39
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Elephant painting!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »
I can't watch the video right now but just wanted to say that one of the elephants at the zoo in my city (Calgary, Alberta) paints! You can buy paintings from her or prints, it's amazing!

SunflowerP

  • Host
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Calgary AB
  • Posts: 8658
  • Country: ca
  • Total likes: 318
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Elephant painting!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:27 pm »
Quote from: Wooden Star;73368
I can't watch the video right now but just wanted to say that one of the elephants at the zoo in my city (Calgary, Alberta) paints! You can buy paintings from her or prints, it's amazing!

 
Very cool - I think I'll check into whether one can watch her in person, since I can't do video either (I think one of my Firefox add-ons broke my Flash, and I haven't had a round tuit to spare for seeing if I can fix it), and I'm right here anyway.

I've been particularly fond of elephants since I was a wee thing, when my mom took me to see the new baby elephant (also at the Calgary Zoo, but many, many years ago) and he "kissed" me.  Sniffed me, really, but he clearly found me interesting (me and all the other visitors, I'm sure, but at that age one sees it as personal), and to my maybe-five-year-old mind, of course elephants kiss with their trunks, because their trunks would get in the way of doing it with their mouths.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

iulla

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2011
  • Posts: 157
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Elephant painting!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:47:01 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;10265
Not a pet, but this is amazing and I just HAD to share it!



Oh that's too awesome.  It's amazing, the amount of dexterity and awareness that that elephant (probably most, if not all elephants) has.  

And the flower that it paints at the end... :D
dum spiro, spero

Lucus Antiquus:  my religious blog

Wooden Star

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2012
  • Posts: 39
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Elephant painting!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:54:41 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;73412
Very cool - I think I'll check into whether one can watch her in person, since I can't do video either (I think one of my Firefox add-ons broke my Flash, and I haven't had a round tuit to spare for seeing if I can fix it), and I'm right here anyway.

I've been particularly fond of elephants since I was a wee thing, when my mom took me to see the new baby elephant (also at the Calgary Zoo, but many, many years ago) and he "kissed" me.  Sniffed me, really, but he clearly found me interesting (me and all the other visitors, I'm sure, but at that age one sees it as personal), and to my maybe-five-year-old mind, of course elephants kiss with their trunks, because their trunks would get in the way of doing it with their mouths.

Sunflower

 
My husband looked into getting me a custom painting done for our new home for our first anniversary in August and they said Kamala was no longer doing paintings, since the elephants are being moved over the next 5 years. That seems sort of strange to me though, so I'd def check it out and if you find out let me know!

ferretowner96

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 34
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Elephant painting!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;10265
Not a pet, but this is amazing and I just HAD to share it!


That is amazing! The elephants are better painters than me! :p

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
1584 Views
Last post August 22, 2011, 11:18:31 pm
by LyricFox
9 Replies
936 Views
Last post November 16, 2012, 07:42:48 pm
by Zaphaux
1 Replies
634 Views
Last post January 15, 2018, 10:37:30 am
by Kylara
4 Replies
898 Views
Last post February 02, 2019, 09:18:25 pm
by MamaThistle

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall