collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Watching  (Read 3753 times)

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Watching
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 10:38:11 pm »
Quote from: Sharysa;55185
Holy crap, the two of them are literally right on top of each other. They look like the classic "Drama/Comedy masks."

Yes! That's what it reminded me of in juxtaposition. I couldn't place it. Leave it to an actress to nail that one!

Quote from: Sharysa;55185

It's like a wide-eyed little puppy. Looks like it wants to talk, but is just a bit too shy to actually call you over. I've made that expression LOTS of times. XD Maybe you could go to the same spot again and try to initiate the conversation? (Provided nobody's around to call you crazy. :P)

Dude, I DID. And the next time I got another photo of what I perceive as a ghost, but this time it was a man. (I'll attach, but it is even more blurry.) And that time I had only guessed the spot. I stopped at several and felt nothing but the regular trail life, though the regular trail life was behaving more boldly. The chipmunks totally stopped jumping in holes at the sight of me and a gopher literally came out onto the trail and made me and other biker stop until it moved. That never happens. They're scaredy cats.

After the gopher, I stopped under a canopy. It is located at a spot I call "Skunk Spot" because I am unimaginative sometimes and it smells like skunk ALL the time. And of course, I now think the skunks regularly scent because of the ghosts.

When I stopped I felt a sadness overwhelm me and I began to cry. I was not sad. I had to lower my sunglasses even in the shade of the canopy so that passersby would not think I was in trouble. I just let it flow and took about a dozen shots.

The first one was like a puppy interest. Not super emotional but as if there was just a general interest. The second felt so different.

This is cropped and enhanced by color saturation.
[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

This is the unenhanced ghost man of major blur and thereby major doubt.
[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

I see a dude. I sent all the photos to a ghost photographer and he said they were too blurry to tell anything. And they are admittedly. But I travel that portion of the trail twice a day in summer, so I'm going to keep an eye out and my mind open. I've decided not to overlook the feelings that wash over there even if there is no proof. I may have to borrow some thick boots to explore.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:39:26 pm by Annie Roonie »

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 12:07:40 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;55204
Yes! That's what it reminded me of in juxtaposition. I couldn't place it. Leave it to an actress to nail that one!

And the comparison makes a LOT of sense with your next encounter.

Dude, I DID. And the next time I got another photo of what I perceive as a ghost, but this time it was a man.

[snip]

When I stopped I felt a sadness overwhelm me and I began to cry. I was not sad. I had to lower my sunglasses even in the shade of the canopy so that passersby would not think I was in trouble. I just let it flow and took about a dozen shots.

He looks like a man whose body is facing you but he's turning his head away, since the left half is obscured. And the shape he's got is almost exactly the silhouette of someone who's hugging himself or gripping his arms; it's just missing the lower half of his body. (Most likely what's been throwing off you and the ghost photographer.) Definitely the posture that most people take when they're crying or upset.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:08:08 am by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

R03e

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:13 am »
Quote from: Wickerman;54368
Clear as day. Just don't look too hard. An eye, and an eye brow, very high arched. Reddish brown skin. That what you see?

I saw the same thing. Althought I was ready to rule out shadow even after seeing it I can't help buy be creeped out of how the 'shadow' in the shape of an eye is a perfect eye shape. It actually looks more like an eye, but in shadow due to the trees instead of an actual shadow. I swear I was trying to look at it with inidfference. Maybe it could still be nothing.
R03e

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 11:10:32 pm »
Quote from: R03e;55289
I saw the same thing. Althought I was ready to rule out shadow even after seeing it I can't help buy be creeped out of how the 'shadow' in the shape of an eye is a perfect eye shape. It actually looks more like an eye, but in shadow due to the trees instead of an actual shadow. I swear I was trying to look at it with inidfference. Maybe it could still be nothing.

I am sorry I did not reply sooner. I did not come back to this thread though it has been on my mind. After this I took to scavenging the woods to find whatever I could find. It turns out that faces and eyes in particular are very easy to see. Every limb that's lost a branch and has healed has an eye like scar on it. Still, when there is no tree about, it becomes a little more unsettling. I still cannot explain this one no matter how much I zoom. I've chosen to enjoy the creeped out feeling though.

Tags: