Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Trying to become more sensitive (psychically, I mean)  (Read 1615 times)

moxietoxic

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Trying to become more sensitive (psychically, I mean)
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:56:40 am »
So, recently I have been looking for ways to increase my psychic sensitivity. I'm looking for ways to open myself up to other states of consciousness, vibrations, beings, readings from objects, or whathaveyou... I am already a little bit sensitive and this is something I want to pursue but I honestly have no idea where to start. I am about to start the book Trance-portation by Diana L. Paxson but other than that I'm drawing blanks on where to begin.

Ideas on exercises to open myself and my consciousness?

good resources?

any ideas?

please send them my way! Thanks! :D

Frostfire

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to become more sensitive (psychically, I mean)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:59:58 am »
Quote from: moxietoxic;88622
So, recently I have been looking for ways to increase my psychic sensitivity. I'm looking for ways to open myself up to other states of consciousness, vibrations, beings, readings from objects, or whathaveyou... I am already a little bit sensitive and this is something I want to pursue but I honestly have no idea where to start. I am about to start the book Trance-portation by Diana L. Paxson but other than that I'm drawing blanks on where to begin.

good resources?

any ideas?

I am by no means an expert on the matter at hand but I am  somewhat sensitive myself and I will try to offer my personal advice. What I think it boils down to for me at least is using my ability often and in new ways. Vague and borderline unhelpfull, I know.

Elaborating:
For instance when I was first starting to see and hear spirits, at first it was images, quick flashes during meditations, and the like. Really sporadic all around. As I continued to practice and exercise my talent my experiances grew more refined and definite.

Try looking into different practices like astral projection, tai chi, pranayama ( pretty sure I butchered the spelling there ) anything to strech yourself and broaden your scope.

Definitely read voraciously, and ask a million million questions whenever the opportunity arises.

Sulischild

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sulischild.blogspot.com.au/
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:39:52 pm »
any ideas?

Practice.  For me, that's what has made the big difference.

I've had some success in picking a few particular methods to concentrate on (for me it was divination with tea leaves and cards, because that's where my background is) and just doing it over and again.  I've done a heck of a lot of readings that aren't actual readings, just exercises in communicating with the cards and negotiating with them on exactly what they mean, or practice at seeing symbols in the leaves/clouds/soap suds/whatever.

Having a go at something you've never tried can help, too - I think it stretches different 'muscles' much the way doing number puzzles works different parts of your brain from word puzzles.  So if you're already a dab hand at meditation, try psychometry.  If you're already confident at psychometry, have a go at scrying.  If you already scry, try a pendulum.

Personally, I tried psychometry years ago and had No. Success.  At.  All.  Everyone else was getting all this awesome stuff (or maybe making it up out of peer pressure?) and I got nothing at all except the conviction that psychometry was a big ball of hooey.  Recently I've tried again, because I'm in a meditation group that does it as an ice-breaker exercise, and I've actually started to get a little bit of stuff.  Still not the 'your mother Enid says hello' level stuff some of the others seem to be able to pick up on cue, but better than nothing.  And I think the practice has made me better at the systems I do use, like the cards and leaves.

Hadrien

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:00:20 pm »
Quote from: Sulischild;88689
Practice.  For me, that's what has made the big difference.

I've had some success in picking a few particular methods to concentrate on (for me it was divination with tea leaves and cards, because that's where my background is) and just doing it over and again.  I've done a heck of a lot of readings that aren't actual readings, just exercises in communicating with the cards and negotiating with them on exactly what they mean, or practice at seeing symbols in the leaves/clouds/soap suds/whatever.

Having a go at something you've never tried can help, too - I think it stretches different 'muscles' much the way doing number puzzles works different parts of your brain from word puzzles.  So if you're already a dab hand at meditation, try psychometry.  If you're already confident at psychometry, have a go at scrying.  If you already scry, try a pendulum.

Personally, I tried psychometry years ago and had No. Success.  At.  All.  Everyone else was getting all this awesome stuff (or maybe making it up out of peer pressure?) and I got nothing at all except the conviction that psychometry was a big ball of hooey.  Recently I've tried again, because I'm in a meditation group that does it as an ice-breaker exercise, and I've actually started to get a little bit of stuff.  Still not the 'your mother Enid says hello' level stuff some of the others seem to be able to pick up on cue, but better than nothing.  And I think the practice has made me better at the systems I do use, like the cards and leaves.

Try to do more energy work, if you havn't learned already look into some basics like making energy balls and shielding and the like. Once you start figuring out how to utilize energy you start to be able to feel it better. A skill which translates into a bunch of different areas.

Other than that, practice in general is always a good way of getting better at anything really. Try just practicing clearing your mind and percieving your surroundings better, feel vibrations, energy currents, etc.

-Hadrien
"The concerns of men die when they begin to believe that they can cure evil with evil"

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:23:57 am »

good resources?

any ideas?

Daily purification goes a long way to improve my sensitivy - what really opened me up in the beginning, in fact, was daily Ha prayers and Kala exercises from the Feri tradition (you can google that pretty easily up). Also, exercises that point toward sensing the energy field around objects, if repeated often, help to train your focus in perceiving energy shifts - you can start off laying on a table a number of different things of different materials... fruit, stones, metal tools, dried leaves and then hold your hand high above each of them, lowering it gradually and seeing when you begin to sense the 'aura' and how it changes from object to object, from distance to distance.

Frequent divination helps as well.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Tags: