Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: The waning season: Fall, samhain, thinning of the veil.  (Read 2034 times)

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
The waning season: Fall, samhain, thinning of the veil.
« on: October 14, 2017, 04:34:11 pm »
Hello all!

It's that time of year when I spend more time turning inward, reflecting, and processing my experiences more. 

Every year in october weird things start happening.  Last year I found around 5 hurt, sick, or orphaned animals.  They all presented themselves in the most common places I travel.  I had a lot of weird energy that year, I started another thread on this.  It included the trooping of the good folk and their effect on the natural world.

This year I've had some odd interactions with a specific customer at my place of employment.  (I'm an herbalist for a health food store so this is beyond the normal weird).  I could feel from her energy that she was looking for some sort of a negative interaction.  I successfully avoided it, put up a stone wall of energy and kept her at bay.  It did not keep her from trying to goat another employee by saying nasty things about me, but everyone handled it beautifully.  I kept my long weekend and stayed home friday.  I had premonitions she would be back and I should stay and home and work on my energy levels.  Low and behold, she came back to stir trouble. 

Anyone else experiencing this?  I guess my thread is just wondering about your experiences during the waning season.  This is my absolute favorite time of year, and maybe because that same element of spooky, coincidence and things that go bump in the night. 

Anyone else have any strange occurrences, energies that feel off, contact with spirits, etc that starts around this time?

Do share! I want to hear and absorb!

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: The waning season: Fall, samhain, thinning of the veil.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:44:30 pm »
Every year in october weird things start happening.  Last year I found around 5 hurt, sick, or orphaned animals.  They all presented themselves in the most common places I travel.  I had a lot of weird energy that year, I started another thread on this.  It included the trooping of the good folk and their effect on the natural world.

That's a pretty common one for a number of people I know. (Though some of that is natural world cycle stuff: as one of the people in the group I trained with pointed out, October is a time when deer are doing things outside their normal patterns, and it's probably not surprising that more of them show up in places we notice, and sometimes get hit by cars more, alas.)

For me, the season manifests pretty heavily in a weird time sense. For me, it's most commonly time-slippage: I'll look up and three hours will have gone by without me noticing. (Though sometimes it's the other way around, where I do three hours of work, look up, and it's been 15 minutes.)

Now I know it's a pattern, I mostly let myself roll with it, try not to schedule things that have fixed time points in the last 2-3 weeks of October and first week of November or so more than I absolutely have to, and set extra alarms for those things that absolutely need to be remembered (like meetings at work)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:25:59 pm »
Hello all!

It's that time of year when I spend more time turning inward, reflecting, and processing my experiences more. 

Every year in october weird things start happening.

You just described every day of my life for the past 25 years or so!

Lately, as I have begun to progress even deeper, or further if you prefer, down my particular Path some of the oddness has become a lot more intense. This may be because I have become a lot closer to my Gods and Goddesses and the Wights of the land, or could just be my progression, maybe both.

The fun part for me is that since the Little Lady is around much of the time I have actual corroboration for much of it. For example, shadowy beings walking through the back yard speaking some unintelligible language, the darkness moving in ways it shouldn't, strange voices coming from thin air.

The ground the house we're at sits on land reclaimed from a very old swamp that includes a very large portal straddling theirs and the neighbor's property line and the entire three square mile area has a lot of intense and often darker energy to it as its recent history is very negative from a human perspective.

As of now, neither my Little Lady nor her mother will venture out after dark without me, even if they will remain in the yard. It's become that intense here.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 03:06:59 pm »
You just described every day of my life for the past 25 years or so!

Lately, as I have begun to progress even deeper, or further if you prefer, down my particular Path some of the oddness has become a lot more intense. This may be because I have become a lot closer to my Gods and Goddesses and the Wights of the land, or could just be my progression, maybe both.

The fun part for me is that since the Little Lady is around much of the time I have actual corroboration for much of it. For example, shadowy beings walking through the back yard speaking some unintelligible language, the darkness moving in ways it shouldn't, strange voices coming from thin air.

The ground the house we're at sits on land reclaimed from a very old swamp that includes a very large portal straddling theirs and the neighbor's property line and the entire three square mile area has a lot of intense and often darker energy to it as its recent history is very negative from a human perspective.

As of now, neither my Little Lady nor her mother will venture out after dark without me, even if they will remain in the yard. It's become that intense here.

Wwwwwww, that sounds intense.  When I think about it, I've had some of the same feelings of your lady and her mother.  My husband has been out of town for the majority of the month, and we are transitioning into a cross country move.  Towards the west, from where I hail!  that's also a bit of a mind blow.  Since he's left I haven't taken my daily walks.  When I feel closest to spirit, is while I walk on my well worn little path through my neighborhood and the neighborhoods I've lived in in memory.  the experience with that customer feels like something to do with energy leeching.  I'm not sure how to use words to describe it, but something isn't right there.  It's made me reevaluate my psychic abilities, as I had a premonition.  I aways, ALWAYS, overlook my premonitions.  I need to spend some time reading and exploring, as a kid I blocked it out because it scared me.

Wow, I totally derailed.  Thanks for the response and the ideas to ponder.  Feeling community here really emboldens me!

light and warmth to you during the waning

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 03:09:21 pm »
That's a pretty common one for a number of people I know. (Though some of that is natural world cycle stuff: as one of the people in the group I trained with pointed out, October is a time when deer are doing things outside their normal patterns, and it's probably not surprising that more of them show up in places we notice, and sometimes get hit by cars more, alas.)

For me, the season manifests pretty heavily in a weird time sense. For me, it's most commonly time-slippage: I'll look up and three hours will have gone by without me noticing. (Though sometimes it's the other way around, where I do three hours of work, look up, and it's been 15 minutes.)

Now I know it's a pattern, I mostly let myself roll with it, try not to schedule things that have fixed time points in the last 2-3 weeks of October and first week of November or so more than I absolutely have to, and set extra alarms for those things that absolutely need to be remembered (like meetings at work)

I feel the time slippage too!  Just almost like whole days are gone.  They've rushed around like they're the wind and I'm the tree being stripped of my foliage. 

I think you commented on my post from last year?  Every year I experience something a little different that seems to have a similar base energy. 

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 03:56:38 pm »

Wwwwwww, that sounds intense.  When I think about it, I've had some of the same feelings of your lady and her mother.  My husband has been out of town for the majority of the month, and we are transitioning into a cross country move.  Towards the west, from where I hail!  that's also a bit of a mind blow.  Since he's left I haven't taken my daily walks.  When I feel closest to spirit, is while I walk on my well worn little path through my neighborhood and the neighborhoods I've lived in in memory.  the experience with that customer feels like something to do with energy leeching.  I'm not sure how to use words to describe it, but something isn't right there.  It's made me reevaluate my psychic abilities, as I had a premonition.  I aways, ALWAYS, overlook my premonitions.  I need to spend some time reading and exploring, as a kid I blocked it out because it scared me.

Wow, I totally derailed.  Thanks for the response and the ideas to ponder.  Feeling community here really emboldens me!

light and warmth to you during the waning

Lol, I promise you, that's the tame stuff...

As for the energy thing... She may well have been trying to feed on your distress like a vampire. Also, premonitions are kind of hard to heed without practice, like all energy work. I wish you luck!
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking