collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Strange Dream  (Read 2506 times)

Seax_Blade

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Strange Dream
« on: February 28, 2016, 12:24:34 pm »
Hello, I hope this is the right section. I thought there might be one specifically for dreams but unless I missed it, this seems close enough.

I just woke up from a strange dream a few minutes ago. Part of what makes it strange I think is that it's the only dream I remember having in a long time. I wonder if anyone here would be able to offer some interpretation and insight? I'm not really "experienced" with this sort of thing.

Well I quickly wrote down some notes after waking up, so I wouldn't forget the dream. I sort of wrote down everything; not sure what's important or not. Here they are:

Rain. Night.
I'm walking Megan home [a friend I'm getting closer to], though I can't remember what city or anything we're supposed to be in. It's more suburban/residential though. We turned down the wrong street on accident, and so we backtrack to the intersection. I then remember which street she'd come from earlier in the day, which was one or two up. At that point I don't remember what happened but she just sort of disappeared it seems.

Then, somehow, Eric [my roommate and probably best friend] is there. We are walking up that street from which I said Megan had originally come. We see a taxi cab, which was waiting on the side of the road and then some authority (not police, but not sure/don't remember what) is telling him that he'll get a ticket for parking there. The cab drives away and the authority calls in the cab on their walkie talkie. We keep walking, which I distinctly remember felt strange to me in the dream.

It's uphill. Eric keeps walking, but I have trouble getting a good stride up the hill. I fall behind, and call to Eric to wait up but it seems he doesn't hear me or doesn't realize I'm behind. He just keeps going and disappears. There were some men, which I want to say were some kind of workmen for some reason. I couldn't keep going at this point and just sort of collapsed and broke down in the middle of them. But it seems like there's some laughing and suddenly I'm wrestling one of them for a second before I wake up.

Now besides seeming strange, gotta say, I woke up scared. I think due to both of these friends disappearing. Even the cab--everything is going away.

But also, I'm a creative writer, and it kind of shocked me (and is still kind of amazing, interesting, even worrying) that this seems like its straight out of something I could write (the whole thing just feels like it could be the dream of a character...) In fact, I think some of the elements in the dream are similar to elements in two different story concepts I have going. Maybe it's not really a source of divine inspiration, but just my brain turning over ideas in my head. Or maybe it is inspiration?

So I'm not sure what's going on with it. Any help would be appreciated! Also again I hope it's in the right section and apologize if it is not.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:28:52 pm by Seax_Blade »

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Strange Dream
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:23:56 pm »
Quote from: Seax_Blade;187303

But also, I'm a creative writer, and it kind of shocked me (and is still kind of amazing, interesting, even worrying) that this seems like its straight out of something I could write (the whole thing just feels like it could be the dream of a character...) In fact, I think some of the elements in the dream are similar to elements in two different story concepts I have going. Maybe it's not really a source of divine inspiration, but just my brain turning over ideas in my head. Or maybe it is inspiration?

So I'm not sure what's going on with it. Any help would be appreciated! Also again I hope it's in the right section and apologize if it is not.

To me, that seems the most likely explanation - if you've been working on a story it makes sense it would be infecting your dreams. Writing can be stressful, after all, and stress dreams are fairly common.

Tags: