collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Spontaneous Projection  (Read 1432 times)

lissara

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
Spontaneous Projection
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:20:29 pm »
Hello-

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what may be going on, because frankly, I am more than a little nervous. Also, I apologize if I did not post this in the correct forum.

First, I will have to give a little backstory, and I will try to keep it brief. As a teenager/young adult, I was very into paganism, and a lot of it came naturally to me. However, at that time I also suffered from depression, suicidal tendencies, and alcoholism. At this point I never astral projected, though that was not from lack of trying.

Almost five years ago I became sober, and as part of my sobriety, I made the decision to not practice. I felt that this was the right choice for me at the time. Since that time, with sobriety, my life has changed in ways I never thought possible. My relationships and life and have blessed beyond anything I could have dreamed.

But about two years ago I noticed that when I slept, my eyes would be closed but I could still see. This became more and more frequent, but I was not too concerned. What has me concerned is that a few times now in recent months (I am now almost 30) I have started projecting, without intending to, and I can say that I know I am because the intensity of the vibrations terrified me, and the experiences were as real as anything else I have experienced. Also recently, I have had a very insistent spirit start contacting me. I believe that it is likely a guide/guardian, but it is the intensity of the emotions that the spirit is bringing that has me confused. In my experiences, guides tended to be a bit more reserved. I have been getting flashes of emotion and images that are more intense than things I would get when I was actively trying to contact spirits. I have never felt any fear or any sense that this spirit may be trying to harm me.

My questions are, would anyone know why now, when I was not trying to do anything of the sort, that this has started happening? I have no control over when or how it happens, and in the state I am in, my anxiety has and is just likely to attract the wrong sorts of things. I appreciate any advice anyone may have. 

Thank you.

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Spontaneous Projection
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:17:31 pm »
Hello-

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what may be going on, because frankly, I am more than a little nervous. Also, I apologize if I did not post this in the correct forum.

First, I will have to give a little backstory, and I will try to keep it brief. As a teenager/young adult, I was very into paganism, and a lot of it came naturally to me. However, at that time I also suffered from depression, suicidal tendencies, and alcoholism. At this point I never astral projected, though that was not from lack of trying.

Almost five years ago I became sober, and as part of my sobriety, I made the decision to not practice. I felt that this was the right choice for me at the time. Since that time, with sobriety, my life has changed in ways I never thought possible. My relationships and life and have blessed beyond anything I could have dreamed.

But about two years ago I noticed that when I slept, my eyes would be closed but I could still see. This became more and more frequent, but I was not too concerned. What has me concerned is that a few times now in recent months (I am now almost 30) I have started projecting, without intending to, and I can say that I know I am because the intensity of the vibrations terrified me, and the experiences were as real as anything else I have experienced. Also recently, I have had a very insistent spirit start contacting me. I believe that it is likely a guide/guardian, but it is the intensity of the emotions that the spirit is bringing that has me confused. In my experiences, guides tended to be a bit more reserved. I have been getting flashes of emotion and images that are more intense than things I would get when I was actively trying to contact spirits. I have never felt any fear or any sense that this spirit may be trying to harm me.

My questions are, would anyone know why now, when I was not trying to do anything of the sort, that this has started happening? I have no control over when or how it happens, and in the state I am in, my anxiety has and is just likely to attract the wrong sorts of things. I appreciate any advice anyone may have. 

Thank you.

As far as I am concerned, out of body experiences or OBEs are often natural and healthy, but sometimes they do occur involuntarily as a form of dissociation.  I am not sure if they are quite as vivid or involve vibrations in that case, though.

You might read up on it and compare what you are experiencing or learn whether you are experiencing other symptoms of dissociation.

The guide may also be reflecting your own emotions back to you, possibly even unconscious ones.  I have experienced this as well.  I am only speculating, keep in mind.

If you are sure you are not experiencing dissociation, I wouldn't worry too much about your OBEs.  No one can really tell you why they are occurring now and not at another time. Just enjoy them!
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:41:06 pm »

Thank you.

Oftentimes the things we desire, or the things we desire to accomplish, are like a butterfly. The harder we strive after them the more easily they evade our grasp.

However, when we stop striving for them, stop chasing them, and become quiescent, they will sometimes land on our hand, or a shoulder, and whisper happy things to us.

As for your spirit guide... no solid advice there. I've been fairly lucky in that department. Only thing I can suggest based on what you've written is to regain your inner balance and learn to listen more closely. Listen to the overall feeling of the message. Often beings from other planes communicate with feelings instead of words because, let's face it, there's a language barrier there.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

lissara

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 05:09:01 pm »
Thank you, both of you. You gave me some things to reflect on and look into. In the meantime, I will try to relax about it and take it in stride.