collapse

Author Topic: Residual energy....and something else?  (Read 1802 times)

fallenangel

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Residual energy....and something else?
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:29:07 pm »
Ever since I can remember, I have always been able to feel the lingering touch of people at times.  These are mostly pleasant, there have been a few times that it has been uncomfortable, but not too often. It doesn't really bother me and most of the time it doesn't linger more than a few minutes to several hours. I know this is just the residual energy left behind, and I find it very comforting if its one of my children or another loved one.

However, my ex touched me one night a little over a year ago, and this is VERY different. I can still feel it at times, and it drives me buggy. His energy has lingered, before and since this incident....and there is a difference in it.  He is a sub-contractor and has very rough hands. He ran his nails down my neck and back one night and even though there was no pain, I felt blood pouring out of the cuts...this wasn't in anger, and a few minutes later I left the room to go stop the blood...there was none. There was not even a mark where he had touched me. I didn't think anything more of it. Until a few days later when I could still feel it...and I realized that we had broken up the next day. It can be months before I feel it again...and sometimes, it is just once or twice.  Others, it is almost constant. Sometimes, it is just as strong as the night it originally happened, and I have to stop myself from checking for blood.  I don't understand what this is, and have never heard of it before.  I haven't documented it (I will start tonight) but I don't think I have ever felt it when we have been together...I think it is when we are not together that it manifests.  We have been on and off for a little over a year.

I hope someone can give me an idea of  what this is...for lack of a better term, I refer to it as his mark when I talk about it with a few people whom I have tried to explain this to.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Residual energy....and something else?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:00:57 am »
Quote from: fallenangel;42499
I hope someone can give me an idea of  what this is...for lack of a better term, I refer to it as his mark when I talk about it with a few people whom I have tried to explain this to.

There are several things it could be. the most likely is the most mundane, however. It's simply your memory -- a very vivid one that you keep thinking about at times and sort of relive. It made an impression on you for some reason.  Other possibilities wold be some type of psychic or magical impression. The magical bit is unlikely unless he was some type of magician. In any such case, practicely something like the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram regularly would likely make it slowly fade away.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

fallenangel

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:16 am »
Quote from: RandallS;42532
It's simply your memory -- a very vivid one that you keep thinking about at times and sort of relive. It made an impression on you for some reason.

Thank you...I think you are right...That's the night I fell in love with him...the one I keep going back to  to try and understand what happened. I never realized that before.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:28:29 pm »
Quote from: fallenangel;42550
Thank you...I think you are right...That's the night I fell in love with him...the one I keep going back to  to try and understand what happened. I never realized that before.

The mundane explanation strikes again. :)
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs

fallenangel

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:14:06 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;42627
The mundane explanation strikes again. :)

I'm an empath...mundane isn't in my vocabulary. :)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:07 am »
Quote from: fallenangel;42633
I'm an empath...mundane isn't in my vocabulary. :)

Being an empath would actually help explain what happened as the couple of empaths I've known in my life tended to be able to "relive" their own really memorable emotions almost like there were experiencing the event that caused them again.
Randall

fallenangel

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:08 am »
Quote from: RandallS;42691
Being an empath would actually help explain what happened as the couple of empaths I've known in my life tended to be able to "relive" their own really memorable emotions almost like there were experiencing the event that caused them again.

That is VERY interesting, and brings a new outlook as to what is going on in my life with this person. I don't know anyone who is an empath, so that is some very valuable information.  Thank you again. :)

Tags: